O'Sheehans togo?

dbrown84

anyone knows if they still don't want you to take your food to go at O'Sheehans?  I like to end my night (after Bliss closes) with wings and a burger.  At one time, they didn't want you to take it togo from O'Sheehans for some reason, so I just wait for no one to be looking and leave with it real quick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

anyone knows if they still don't want you to take your food to go at O'Sheehans?  I like to end my night (after Bliss closes) with wings and a burger.  At one time, they didn't want you to take it togo from O'Sheehans for some reason, so I just wait for no one to be looking and leave with it real quick. 

A few years ago (4?5?Longer?) NCL tried to impose a rule that no one could bring food from any venue back to their cabin. It was a short lived attempt at absurdity. Our last cruise in April we had no problem bringing fries and wings from O'Sheehan's back to the cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

A few years ago (4?5?Longer?) NCL tried to impose a rule that no one could bring food from any venue back to their cabin. It was a short lived attempt at absurdity. Our last cruise in April we had no problem bringing fries and wings from O'Sheehan's back to the cabin.

yeah, I think it was about 4 years ago and it definitely was a crazy rule.  Glad to see that it looks like it's gone.

• Like 1

There is a live review of the Bliss currently going on this board. The poster is reporting that no food is allowed to be taken out of the Local (which is O'Sheahan's by another name). In fact, it's being reported that people were "yelled at" for trying to take food out. Other people requested a take-out so they could take it on their excursion and were denied. It's on page six...starting at post 145.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

There is a live review of the Bliss currently going on this board. The poster is reporting that no food is allowed to be taken out of the Local (which is O'Sheahan's by another name). In fact, it's being reported that people were "yelled at" for trying to take food out. Other people requested a take-out so they could take it on their excursion and were denied. It's on page six...starting at post 145.

Thanks for posting this.  I guess I'll just continue to act like I didn't know and walk fast and deliberate.  It's usually 2 or 3AM so there aren't many workers around anyway.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

There is a live review of the Bliss currently going on this board. The poster is reporting that no food is allowed to be taken out of the Local (which is O'Sheahan's by another name). In fact, it's being reported that people were "yelled at" for trying to take food out. Other people requested a take-out so they could take it on their excursion and were denied.

LOL NCL doesn't provide box lunches to take on excursions, regardless of where you go to get your food.  In fact, nearly every port-day Freestyle daily has a section saying that no food is allowed on or off the ship.  Just imagine the chaos if they did!

I've never requested "take-out" from the Local because I was under the impression that you couldn't - but I usually get a cheeseburger that comes in a basket, not on a plate.  And tends to get messy.  But after my last 2 burgers (2 different ships) I probably won't be ordering a burger from them again - they were AWFUL!  I don't know what they were using but it wasn't normal hamburger.  Too bad because they used to have really good burgers.

Reading about the "No take out" rule for O'Sheehan's made me laugh, because I do remember being on a cruise to Bermuda a few years ago, and a group of us went there for food after dancing/drinking all night long.  Some of us were pretty drunk (not me of course......lol).  Anyway, my daughter, who was in her mid 30s was completely wasted.  And she "hid" some food with her napkin and started running for the exit.  One other person in our party who was also pretty damn drunk yelled, "Get her.........she's smuggling food."  We all were dying laughing.  So, thanks for reminding me of that silly rule dbrown84!

• Haha 5

I think they should put security tags on the food and if you try to leave the room, an alarm goes off!

Can you imagine them running after you down the halls and up the decks?

Would you be charged for room service?

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

Reading about the "No take out" rule for O'Sheehan's made me laugh, because I do remember being on a cruise to Bermuda a few years ago, and a group of us went there for food after dancing/drinking all night long.  Some of us were pretty drunk (not me of course......lol).  Anyway, my daughter, who was in her mid 30s was completely wasted.  And she "hid" some food with her napkin and started running for the exit.  One other person in our party who was also pretty damn drunk yelled, "Get her.........she's smuggling food."  We all were dying laughing.  So, thanks for reminding me of that silly rule dbrown84!

I'm going to be on the getaway in October.  I'm definitely going to take some food to my room after partying/drinking.  But now, I'm going to think of this story and will get busted because I'm going to be laughing soooo hard and not concentrating on my escape 

• Haha 2

We were on the Star in July. My husband was told no, he could not get his meal to go. He was pretty bummed as he wanted to just chill in the room.

I talked to another person on that same cruise, they told me that they were also denied taking their carrot cake to go...so they just picked up the plate and left lol. I suggested to my husband that next time, if the food is served in those wire baskets, we should just grab some extra dinner plates from the buffet and put it on them to go. 

4 hours ago, crazycatlady82 said:

We were on the Star in July. My husband was told no, he could not get his meal to go. He was pretty bummed as he wanted to just chill in the room.

I talked to another person on that same cruise, they told me that they were also denied taking their carrot cake to go...so they just picked up the plate and left lol. I suggested to my husband that next time, if the food is served in those wire baskets, we should just grab some extra dinner plates from the buffet and put it on them to go. 

Is this new? I have always asked Cagney’s to wrap my chocolate cake and they deliver it to my cabin. This was pre-shutdown. I’ll be so disappointed if they won’t do it anymore!

19 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

Is this new? I have always asked Cagney’s to wrap my chocolate cake and they deliver it to my cabin. This was pre-shutdown. I’ll be so disappointed if they won’t do it anymore!

I've only heard it applied to the Local or O'Sheehans. 

I take food from the buffet to my room all the time - just use a second plate as a cover.  Usually staff smiles and tells me to enjoy my afternoon/ evening.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2022 at 10:50 AM, schmoopie17 said:

I do not agree with your interpretation of what was written in that thread.  Look on page 7, update 153:  

On 8/28/2022 at 11:33 PM, BennyBrun said:

but to place a take out order at 6 AM when they don’t do it and complain is another level of entitlement that I am just not used to !

My interpretation of what happened was that someone wanted their entire breakfast packed "to go".  Of course they aren't going to do that (not to mention the problems with taking food off the ship). 

But generally speaking, if you want to take your food from any of the restaurants back to your room (or wherever) I believe most all restaurants and servers will gladly put some plastic over it and send you on your way.

On 8/29/2022 at 10:50 AM, schmoopie17 said:

They were planning on taking food that hadn’t been factory sealed off of the ship?

9 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I do not agree with your interpretation of what was written in that thread.  Look on page 7, update 153:  

My interpretation of what happened was that someone wanted their entire breakfast packed "to go".  Of course they aren't going to do that (not to mention the problems with taking food off the ship). 

But generally speaking, if you want to take your food from any of the restaurants back to your room (or wherever) I believe most all restaurants and servers will gladly put some plastic over it and send you on your way.

Apparently you missed post 151 on page 7. This has nothing to do with taking food off the ship and everything to do with taking it back to their room (or wherever). See below for quote:

"We ate half our food one-night around 11PM. wanted to take rest and eat in cabin while we watched movie. We walked out with our plates and out of the Local area, and they started yelling at us, that we couldn't take it out of the restaurant. Was embarrassing. You can take plates of food out of buffet, no one says a word.