Live Reports - Cruising on Coral Princess September 2022.

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Look fwd to going there, as we didn’t make it in our trip in June as you know. And we’ve never been. It will prob be a specific trip for an actual holiday.

That's the best way to enjoy Port Douglas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Julie, if you have a chance could you ask some questions at the internet cafe:

1. Cost per day of basic internet (1 device) when bought for the whole cruise,

2. We have heard many times that Elite passengers get 50% discount  

3. Cost of basic internet (1 device) if bought just for a day at a time

4. Does the 50% discount still apply

5. Is the price the same when bought on board compared with pre-purchase

6. If a person buys the basic internet package, can they use the internet cafe computers

We have been hearing different versions of these costs. The last question is because someone told me that if you buy the wi-fi package that is all it is and that it doesn't allow you to use their computers. That sounds strange to me.

OK, will do that tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Bon Voyage to everyone sailing on 13th September, 2022.  I look forward to reading about your cruise, which is a great itinerary for a short cruise.  

I returned last night from Adelaide where we attended the Royal Adelaide Show.  When I visited the tourist information in the City, the volunteer ladies told me there was a ship coming in this week and they would be going to the wharf.  Hopefully they will have maps and tourist information available to hand out to  passengers. There was none on arrival at the airport.  

The weather was freezing cold, with showers!  Five layers weather for Queenslanders. 

My favourite place in Adelaide is the Adelaide Market, where we have breakfast daily at Lucia's Pizza and Spaghetti Bar.  We travelled with hand luggage this trip, so we couldn't stock up on supplies from the Market. We could only buy what we could eat, such as yummy Portuguese Tarts and Citrus fruit.   However, if I was on your ship, I'd be taking a big bag to fill up with SA products, such as spices, balsamic vinegars, extra virgin olive oils etc.   I love their delicious sweet juicy tangelos and sumo mandarins..  

Travel is free with a Seniors Card on weekends.  Interstate Seniors have to get a small  Interstate Seniors

Card from the Tourist Information Office (M-F only) which you validate in a small box on boarding.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Julie, if you have a chance could you ask some questions at the internet cafe:

1. Cost per day of basic internet (1 device) when bought for the whole cruise,

2. We have heard many times that Elite passengers get 50% discount  

3. Cost of basic internet (1 device) if bought just for a day at a time

4. Does the 50% discount still apply

5. Is the price the same when bought on board compared with pre-purchase

6. If a person buys the basic internet package, can they use the internet cafe computers

We have been hearing different versions of these costs. The last question is because someone told me that if you buy the wi-fi package that is all it is and that it doesn't allow you to use their computers. That sounds strange to me.

Here are the answers:

1. Whole cruise $20 per day, $10 per day for Platinum/Elites.

2. Yes, 50% discount for P/Es.

3. Day at a time rate is $27, $13.50 for P/Es

4. Yes, the P/E discount applies to day at a time purchases.

5. No. The prepurchase price can vary depending on whether there is a promo running but typically it is $14-$15, $7-$7.50 for P/Es.

6. Yes, you can definitely use the Internet Cafe computers if you have a package. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Here are the answers:

5. No. The prepurchase price can vary depending on whether there is a promo running but typically it is $14-$15, $7-$7.50 for P/Es.

6. Yes, you can definitely use the Internet Cafe computers if you have a package. 

Thanks so much Julie. I will note the prices.

45 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Bon Voyage to everyone sailing on 13th September, 2022.  I look forward to reading about your cruise, which is a great itinerary for a short cruise.  

I returned last night from Adelaide where we attended the Royal Adelaide Show.  When I visited the tourist information in the City, the volunteer ladies told me there was a ship coming in this week and they would be going to the wharf.  Hopefully they will have maps and tourist information available to hand out to  passengers. There was none on arrival at the airport.  

The weather was freezing cold, with showers!  Five layers weather for Queenslanders. 

My favourite place in Adelaide is the Adelaide Market, where we have breakfast daily at Lucia's Pizza and Spaghetti Bar.  We travelled with hand luggage this trip, so we couldn't stock up on supplies from the Market. We could only buy what we could eat, such as yummy Portuguese Tarts and Citrus fruit.   However, if I was on your ship, I'd be taking a big bag to fill up with SA products, such as spices, balsamic vinegars, extra virgin olive oils etc.   I love their delicious sweet juicy tangelos and sumo mandarins..  

Travel is free with a Seniors Card on weekends.  Interstate Seniors have to get a small  Interstate Seniors

Card from the Tourist Information Office (M-F only) which you validate in a small box on boarding.  

I think it's going to be touch and go as to whether we get to Adelaide. There are some nasty seas predicted for the time we should be sailing from Melbourne to Adelaide. The screenshots below are the predictions for 4am Friday morning after leaving Melbourne and 4am Saturday morning when we should be approaching Adelaide.

1405804287_Screenshot_20220912-104844_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2686a23a96369037fa116cbbd5116655.jpg

916108613_Screenshot_20220912-105044_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4a790f0cba6de1ff41b562fe3d424c6f.jpg

The Captain postponed the Sydney departure for this current cruise due to similar conditions off the northern NSW coast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Here are the answers:

Great to have it clarified. 

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Just checked into Marriott, nice vew of Opt forthe morning.

CE0A774E-6DC0-40A3-A096-84E1081E5E09.jpeg

Love the view. Bridge view room, with a high floor request - that is the view we are hoping for. We will be gawking at Splendor the day before, and Majestic on cruise morning.

The thing to love about City extra - go for a very early morning walk to watch Majestic dock, then walk back for a very early CE alfresco breakfast.

Enjoy watching all those waving ants before you head down to board. I get that it will be a bit different for you this time, as cruising isn't just the ship, the food and the bad shows. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Just checked into Marriott, nice vew of Opt forthe morning.

CE0A774E-6DC0-40A3-A096-84E1081E5E09.jpeg

Have a wonderful time Les, we have friends going on that cruise too...we loved  the Coral on our recent back to back..., just a great feel, lovely cozy ship, great food, fabulous crew, one of the nicest cruises we have been on... we are booked for Royal P next year....Bon Voyage...have fun....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, S&D said:

Have a wonderful time Les, we have friends going on that cruise too...we loved  the Coral on our recent back to back..., just a great feel, lovely cozy ship, great food, fabulous crew, one of the nicest cruises we have been on... we are booked for Royal P next year....Bon Voyage...have fun....

Thanks Sandi, been on her before, Alaska and Panama Canal. I like the size. Dont like the bigger Princess ships like Majestic and Royal. Stay safe it is  a jungle out there.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, NSWP said:

Thanks Sandi, been on her before, Alaska and Panama Canal. I like the size. Dont like the bigger Princess ships like Majestic and Royal. Stay safe it is  a jungle out there.

Have a great cruise. Stay safe 🥳🥳🥰