Live Reports - Cruising on Coral Princess September 2022.

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Sorry to hear that you lost your only son to cancer recently as well as your husband.

I was taught to count my blessings and it helps to have a positive outlook on life.  

I find older people who are still fit are the best dancers and love to watch them dance.  My girlfriend's mother used to always have to be the boy when she danced with her sisters.  They were beautiful dancers.

May you continue to cruise for many years yet.  

I'm researching travel to England for the King's Coronation next year, so have started researching cruises which will be on then.

What suburb do you live on the GC Queenslander?

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

She is indeed!

Thanks Julie! I enjoyed meeting you both and hope to see you on another cruise!

i am lucky to have good friends on my next two cruises. My lovely friend Grace from WA on the Ovation next month. Then in November good cruising friends from Arizona on Westerdam. That was a nice surprise because my husband and I cruised with them in Alaska many years ago and at one time they stayed with us on the Gold Coast.

Cruise Critic is such a great website for getting in touch with cruising friends as well as for cruise information. I used to go on the US one and now on the Au one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Anglers Paradise, Runaway Bay

I notice there are a number of cruisers from the GC

Yes - I noticed that too.

I like your idea of looking up cruises that sail around the time of the King's coronation. I used to live in Brighton Sussex which is only a short train journey from London. 

Joyce 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, queenslander said:

Yes - I noticed that too.

I like your idea of looking up cruises that sail around the time of the King's coronation. I used to live in Brighton Sussex which is only a short train journey from London. 

Joyce 

When my daughter worked in London, for a number of years, I used to do day trips by train to lots of different places.  Brighten was one I enjoyed because I missed being on the ocean when I was away.    

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, queenslander said:

Thanks Julie! I enjoyed meeting you both and hope to see you on another cruise!

i am lucky to have good friends on my next two cruises. My lovely friend Grace from WA on the Ovation next month. Then in November good cruising friends from Arizona on Westerdam. That was a nice surprise because my husband and I cruised with them in Alaska many years ago and at one time they stayed with us on the Gold Coast.

Cruise Critic is such a great website for getting in touch with cruising friends as well as for cruise information. I used to go on the US one and now on the Au one. 

How nice to be able to join friends on your next two cruises in October and November.  

I wish there were small and medium size ships cruising from Australia, then I'd cruise more often. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 10:29 AM, arxcards said:

An extra glass of plus grade wine for you tonight - you deserve it.

If not too much trouble on your PNG cruise, could you keep an eye out for where TRS is set up. This will be interesting,, departing Sydney but also calling in Brisbane and Cairns before leaving Australia. TIA.

@OzKiwiJJ

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We might not go off the ship in Brisbane but probably will in Cairns.

All good. Probably the same for us on Majestic next month too.

I am hoping the TRS for ours will be in Sydney. The last 2 "ports before leaving Australia" are both tender shops (Port Douglas & Cairns) and we don't hit Brisbane until we are on the way back to Sydney.

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I am hoping the TRS for ours will be in Sydney. The last 2 "ports before leaving Australia" are both tender shops (Port Douglas & Cairns) and we don't hit Brisbane until we are on the way back to Sydney.

They may not be any TRS available. Your cruise is a coastal one. On our cruise to Cairns at the end of August, I enquired about TRS and was told it would be available on a "proper international one". There was definitely no TRS in Cairns before we left to return to Brisbane. I suggest that because passports aren't required for these coastal cruises, they aren't regarded as really international.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

It might still be Cairns unless you're tendering to Yorkey's Knob.

45 minutes ago, NSWP said:

TRS? got me stumped, after 21 Princess cruises, I should know. What is TRS?

Tourist Refund Scheme where you can claim back the GST on items purchased here as you leave the country. It's been in effect for years but I think they tightened up the rules recently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I asked the Border Security guys when we were embarking and they said it's always the last Australian port, so Cairns in the case of the current cruise. I'll try to see where it actually is when we get there.

There wasn't any TRS available on our two cruises to Cairns - one on the Coral Princess and the other on the Pacific Encounter. When I asked the person at the security scanner, he said there wasn't one and that they would have TRS when it was a "proper international cruise". There was no TRS desk in sight.

32 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

There wasn't any TRS available on our two cruises to Cairns - one on the Coral Princess and the other on the Pacific Encounter. When I asked the person at the security scanner, he said there wasn't one and that they would have TRS when it was a "proper international cruise". There was no TRS desk in sight.

They were donestic cruises though. The one we are on now goes to the Conflict Islands so is international. Passports required not just drivers licences.

• Like 1