Shareholder Benefits

Belle2002

7 minutes ago, frosty52 said:

Now I am confused - does the request not work using the link or did you mean a confirmation would not generate if you use the link.

Neither worked for me when I tried it. Based on my experience and other reports here, the email method works much faster and provides the feedback you were looking for.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, frosty52 said:

Now I am confused - does the request not work using the link or did you mean a confirmation would not generate if you use the link.

Thanks again.

I have submitted requests for OBC at least 20 times in the last 2 years.  You get a confirmation sometimes and sometimes not.  If I don’t receive one(even if I do), I always login to my account/select the cruise to check and see if the OBC has been applied.  You should get a confirmation, but there have been many times I didn’t get one, but my OBC was applied.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I use the link.  I consistently and promptly receive the credit.  I am notified with a new copy of my invoice showing the OBC via email.

Yes, I sent mine in using the link and this afternoon I received an email showing the credit applied and it popped up on my cruise planner.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, frosty52 said:

Yes, I sent mine in using the link and this afternoon I received an email showing the credit applied and it popped up on my cruise planner.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Fingers crossed. Submitted for 4 cruises yesterday (with the help of many of you here). B3B are all w/i 3 weeks so not sure what issues that will present. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Neither worked for me when I tried it. Based on my experience and other reports here, the email method works much faster and provides the feedback you were looking for.

That is the only way I do it.  Get an almost immediate reply, then OBC shows up on an updated confirmation they send me via email within a day or two.  

On 12/31/2022 at 9:08 AM, fredmdcruisers said:

Fingers crossed. Submitted for 4 cruises yesterday (with the help of many of you here). B3B are all w/i 3 weeks so not sure what issues that will present. 

Day 3 of B3B and still no response re: shareholder benefit request on 12/31. Can guest services or loyalty ambassador help onboard?

14 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Day 3 of B3B and still no response re: shareholder benefit request on 12/31. Can guest services or loyalty ambassador help onboard?

I would give it another couple days before you get concerned.  The offices were probably minimally staffed due to Jan 1 and 2 were possibly holidays for those staff members. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

No, that has to be done before your cruise starts.  They are unable to assist you with it and it should always happen before you start your cruise. We have never had it appear during our cruise, maybe you will have luck though.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, GStanMus said:

I would say 90 days before departure.

I have done it sooner, but this is the official policy:

Dear Shareholder, 

Welcome to the Shareholder Benefit request form.   

Please submit requests 3 weeks prior to sail date and expect our response within 7 days. We will process the Shareholder Benefit onboard credit in accordance with our privacy policy available here https://www.royalcaribbean.com/resources/privacy-policy.

I submit the paperwork via an email as soon as I make the booking.  This is one of the best departments in the company.   Quick to take care of the benefit. 

They used to send an email that the benefit was applied, now I get a form showing the OBC.

M

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We submitted the form for the credit last week for a cruise leaving March 18th and didn't get any confirmation or response. So, we emailed them this morning and got a reply within a few hours saying "We didn't receive your request. Please submit again."  So, my husband re-submitted the form and also sent an email with the info.  Hopefully, one of them works!  

• Thanks 1

I have always used shareholderbenefit@rccl.com, and always received confirmation and had it posted on my cruises within 24-48 hours.

I black out all personal info and circle my name, the Royal shares info, and the date of my stock form. Then take a picture.

I list cruise or cruises with booking number, ship and date.

The only issues I have had, and had to resend, were due to my errors. But their response emails were always within a timely matter.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1