Prima Cabin 14900 obstructed view

dajson

4 hours ago, dajson said:

I understand the balcony views from this cabin are horrible due to the slide comes right across the balcony. Does anybody have knowledge of this. Thanks

Should be no problem. You will see the slides. But not really obstructed by them. Is it the best room,,,, absolutely not. Move now. 

image.thumb.png.494b3c97a30a24b1b4335a93021135ab.png

• Like 1

altarr!  its not an obsession, (1) at haven prima prices for a 2 bedroom suite, one shouldnt be inconvenienced 

by a water slide tube bisecting your balcony,

shouldnt you at least be afforded the haven privacy that  you paid for? even if i were in a regular balcony cabin, i wouldnt like  this slide going through my balcony.

seriously, would you want  this type cabin?

• Like 1

The screams (if any) from slides are projected out of the tube at the bottom and top. Not through the side of the slide.

The slide maybe 🤔 partially obstructs the view of 2, maybe 4 haven cabins. 

NCL will not remove the slides in any dry dock. When the slides were added to oasis class, it obstructed dozens of cabins from being able to watch the show at the aqua theater, when people complained, they just continued to add slides to the ships even more. And one thing I’m certain of is I’ve never heard screams unless I was very near to the entrance or exit of the slides. 

The slides are an popular attraction for non haveners, which make up a majority of the ship (more revenue for NCL) so they are not going anywhere, I can promise you that. 

If anything, later down the road after 1000 formal complaints, maybe, MAYBE they will relabel the cabins “partially obstructed view” and charge $200 less. This is really the best outcome you can hope for. If you really have a problem with it then don’t book the location or complain to NCL.

Or better yet, book a real luxury line where you can be with other peoples of your kind and get together in stuffy dining rooms and complain and those hideous slides over at “poor people cruise lines” 

I really can’t see NCL giving any compensatory monies for this situation as cheap as they are. Most likely your request will be filtered from concierge to shoreside and then in the eternal abyss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CruiseAF said:

The screams (if any) from slides are projected out of the tube at the bottom and top. Not through the side of the slide.

What I was thinking was more of the aperiodic noise of someone going past your balcony.  Perhaps most sliders go by quietly, but there are some that don't and the inconsistency makes it more annoying that if everyone went by making noise. And when I say "noise", I get that it might not be actual screams, but, I suspect that you will hear something.  I don't think the tubes are sound proof.

If anything, later down the road after 1000 formal complaints, maybe, MAYBE they will relabel the cabins “partially obstructed view” and charge $200 less. This is really the best outcome you can hope for. If you really have a problem with it then don’t book the location or complain to NCL.

I agree on both of these points.  I think it is very wrong for NCL to not be up front about the fact that these are obstructed views.   And if they aren't forthcoming with the fact that they are obstructed views, it makes it kinda hard to "don’t book the location".

• Like 1

This would be best case scenario. I don't use the balcony or really spend any time looking out the window of my room, but stay in the Haven. I would definitely pick this room for a small discount!

4 hours ago, CruiseAF said:

The slide maybe 🤔 partially obstructs the view of 2, maybe 4 haven cabins. 

NCL will not remove the slides in any dry dock. When the slides were added to oasis class, it obstructed dozens of cabins from being able to watch the show at the aqua theater, when people complained, they just continued to add slides to the ships even more. And one thing I’m certain of is I’ve never heard screams unless I was very near to the entrance or exit of the slides. 

The slides are an popular attraction for non haveners, which make up a majority of the ship (more revenue for NCL) so they are not going anywhere, I can promise you that. 

Or better yet, book a real luxury line where you can be with other peoples of your kind and get together in stuffy dining rooms and complain and those hideous slides over at “poor people cruise lines” 

I really can’t see NCL giving any compensatory monies for this situation as cheap as they are. Most likely your request will be filtered from concierge to shoreside and then in the eternal abyss. 

yes how dare the poors have some fun on their holiday! Miffy, call the butler to come turn my deck chair ever so slightly to the right so i dont have to see the tube. You know, I should really setup a toll inside that slide for them coming through my space. I thought the haven was private!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I agree on both of these points.  I think it is very wrong for NCL to not be up front about the fact that these are obstructed views.   And if they aren't forthcoming with the fact that they are obstructed views, it makes it kinda hard to "don’t book the location".

It has been clear from Day 1 that these rooms have a wall of cabins/balconies immediately to their side extending out about 20-30 feet, so nobody booking these cabins should have been expecting an unlimited view in the first place.  In my opinion the superstructure extension is far more of an 'obstruction' than a section of slide. 

14 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

It has been clear from Day 1 that these rooms have a wall of cabins/balconies immediately to their side extending out about 20-30 feet, so nobody booking these cabins should have been expecting an unlimited view in the first place.  In my opinion the superstructure extension is far more of an 'obstruction' than a section of slide. 

I didn't think this thread was discussing the bump out that I'm pretty sure at this point all the NCL ships have.  And no one mentioned "expecting an unlimited view" until you just mentioned it.  

If I booked one of these rooms, I'd have no basis for complaining about the bump out.   I maintain however that I would have a legitimate complaint about that slide being in my face and that NCL should be forthcoming about the fact that it is there an it will obstruct your view.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PATRLR said:
4 hours ago, PATRLR said:

What I was thinking was more of the aperiodic noise of someone going past your balcony.  Perhaps most sliders go by quietly, but there are some that don't and the inconsistency makes it more annoying that if everyone went by making noise. And when I say "noise", I get that it might not be actual screams, but, I suspect that you will hear something.  I don't think the tubes are sound proof.

Where the tubes connect, they do put sound deadening material and the tubes are much thicker then regular dry slides. It’s pretty sound proof. If you ever have been on oasis class you would notice that you never hear anything from the slides unless you are within a few feet of either opening. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall seeing any actual views from someone in these cabins standing on their balcony showing how much (if any) obstruction is actually there.

Lots of speculation and grumpiness over assumptions which is silly. My idea of an obstructed view seems to be very different from some of you.

None of the Haven rooms have the dry slides going through them. Yet people are acting like you can reach out & high 5 riders as they go by.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

None of the Haven rooms have the dry slides going through them.

Exactly!

6 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I didn't think this thread was discussing the bump out that I'm pretty sure at this point all the NCL ships have

They do, but it seems the Prima one is 'deeper', with the Haven rooms recessed.  These first cabins in that section of the ship won't have much of a view in that direction (unless someone is on their balcony "European Style", lol).  On the other ships the "bump" is accomplished with one balcony being angled, on the Prima there's a cabin with the entire balcony facing aft, PLUS the isolated area for the slide(s) to pass through.

• Like 1