Do we want green lane or blue lane?

KKB

Our traveling companions said their app says green lane & ours says blue lane.

Which do we want for boarding next week & what needs to be done so we are "in the same lane"?

Thanks!

You want to be in Green Lane.  To see what is missing/needed go into the Medallion App and click on Travel Checklist to see if any item is not checked as green- or has an orange exclamation mark. Usually it’s something in the Personal Information & Documents - like adding a credit card.  

when you go onto Personal Information and documents you will see your name and travel companion’s name at the top of the page. Each person should have a green check mark, the one that doesn’t is typically the person who’s file needs something updated.

Edited by Shelly97060
Added info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I believe that blue lane means that something has to be done at the pier to allow you to board.

It could be a security photo or verifying your vaccination status.

Check all of the categories on the app or the online check-in tool to see what information might be missing.

• Like 1

FYI in Seattle color lines didn’t matter when I was there last month.   The green line was so packed they let people go in the other color lines.     
I went to the blue line and was don’t in a few minutes while people in the green line stood here for a long time.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

FYI in Seattle color lines didn’t matter when I was there last month.   The green line was so packed they let people go in the other color lines.     
I went to the blue line and was don’t in a few minutes while people in the green line stood here for a long time.   

LOL - I don't care about the color of the lane - I just look for the fast lane!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We were in blue lane yesterday. This morning we got an almost incoherent voice mail from Princess, all we could hear was security photo and green lane. Looked on our medallion app and we were green. They used our passport photos.  Fine with me, they can always take them again.  Just have to do the antigen test for Canada. I'm so worried about doing it right. 

18 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

someone here reported not ordering the medallion, which held up his status. Once he ordered it, the line changed to green. 

Ours is green now.

R we supposed to order a medallion? 

1 minute ago, avonlady6390 said:

Yes you can order your medallion to be delivered to your home if you live in US if not or if not enough time you will pick up at pier

Still 🫤 confused- I’m under the impression medallions are part of the cruise package. So why order one? Or do you mean the medallion will be sent to your house for convenience? 

There is no extra charge unless you want to add extras as you will see you order on the app in the travel check list and it may speed up embarkation and also a fun precuise item to get after ordering it should arrive at your home about 10 days before boarding and no shipping charge

"Ordering" is just telling Princess where you want to receive your Medallion; at home or the pier. It also serves as an opportunity to purchase accessories for your Medallion. Hint: Buy your accessories onboard. You save shipping and taxes while being able to handle the merchandise before the sale.

Here's one person's experience:

1.  Went on the Caribbean Princess in February from FLL.  Tried to do the medallion app.  After five minutes I said "To hell with this."  Just showed up.  Processing was easy.  On board quickly.

2.  Sailed on Sky. Princess out of Southampton August 13th.  From the beginning never used the app at all, but I did fill out their on line version.  About a week later a Princess rep called and asked for more information.  Arrived at pier with no status.  Put in blue line.  Good thing.  Blue line almost empty; green line backed up.  Looked at our passports, gave us the on board medallions and boarded ship.  Painless.

Of course this may not work for everyone.

Bruce

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

We have our first Princess cruise booked for next year, and I'm trying to learn all the new things required. If we do not live in the US our medallion won't be posted to us, and we can only be blue, is that correct? We have booked a cabin which states priority embarkation - how does that process work if we are blue? We embark in San Francisco, if embarkation port is a factor.

Edited by CruisingFox27

18 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We have our first Princess cruise booked for next year, and I'm trying to learn all the new things required. If we do not live in the US our medallion won't be posted to us, and we can only be blue, is that correct? We have booked a cabin which states priority embarkation - how does that process work if we are blue? We embark in San Francisco, if embarkation port is a factor.

I'm interested to know this as well. First time sailing Princess since they've had the Medallions, all of my check-in info has a green tick and I have selected the free lanyards for our Medallions. However, the Medallion section still has the orange exclamation next to it. But when I go into it, it shows the order for the lanyards. Now I'm thinking it's simply because the Medallion won't be sent to me beforehand?

30 minutes ago, ivanp91 said:

I'm interested to know this as well. First time sailing Princess since they've had the Medallions, all of my check-in info has a green tick and I have selected the free lanyards for our Medallions. However, the Medallion section still has the orange exclamation next to it. But when I go into it, it shows the order for the lanyards. Now I'm thinking it's simply because the Medallion won't be sent to me beforehand?

That is likely correct.

15 hours ago, 1cruiselvr said:

BTW If you choose to have your medallions shipped to your home there is a $10 shipping fee.  Pickup at the pier is free.

Shipping is only an option for US passengers though, is that correct? I'm therefore unsure how our priority embarkation will work if we don't already have our medallions. 

7 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I'm therefore unsure how our priority embarkation will work if we don't already have our medallions. 

After you get your medallions at the cruise terminal, you can just go to the ship as Platin or Elite, instead of getting a number for a boarding group and wait in the waiting area. And there are also priority lines for getting the medallions.