Full or partial capacity? What are you seeing?

capsplace

Perhaps more important, is the crew capacity coming up? On our March and May sailings, passenger counts were rising and the crew was not. Crew was also poorly positioned as the suites were full, and the rest of the ship half empty. Notably, on our last sailing, there was a lot of shifting abounding, especially during the day, and staff shortages became less noticeable.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.  Yes, my question was intended to identify if Celebrity was still limiting capacity.  So long as there is supply, demand will be there.  Based upon your responses, it would appear Celebrity is maxing availability.  Interesting about the crew too.  

On my upcoming b2b/TA, the 12 day E. Med has lots of vacant cabins/suites, but TA is a different story.  Cruises are only limited by the number of cabins being occupied, with MoveUp providing extra revenue.

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Mock bookings for 31 Oct Reflection show maximum load so far at 72%.  May be lower, of course.

Curious how you are able to arrive at % of capacity? Is it a manual exercise of counting cabins showing available?

24 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

Curious how you are able to arrive at % of capacity? Is it a manual exercise of counting cabins showing available?

Yup, though it takes a heck of a lot less time these days with fuller ships (takes maybe 10 min, even when breaking down by cabin class and deck, using the List View method).

When doing it this way, as I say, you can only claim to know the maximum # of cabins that might be booked based upon visible remaining inventory.  There may be inventory still held in group blocks and not yet released, or by held back X for other reasons (e.g., quarantine areas).

For my cruise, 28% show available now, so we know actual bookings now must be 72% or less.

3 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

How do you view this?

Count all the available cabins, multiply that by 2, and divide that by the ship's double occupancy capacity. That will give you the available percentage.

Edited by RichYak

31 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

How do you view this?

Search for your cruise on the Celebrity site.  Pretend that you wish to book a cabin.  All cabin classes available are displayed.  Select any one of them and avoid 'Guarantee' or 'We choose'.  The result will be a diagram/list of all open cabins for that class.  Go to List View, select each deck that shows up and count.  Rinse and repeat for each cabin class.

30 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Count all the available cabins, multiply that by 2, and divide that by the ship's double occupancy capacity. That will give you the available percentage.

I don't bother with that, since all I'm concerned with is the % of cabins booked, not the % of max passenger count.  No way to know how many solos and 3+ there are anyway, and though I'm sure it doesn't impact the pax count all that much, it's unknowable.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Yup, though it takes a heck of a lot less time these days with fuller ships (takes maybe 10 min, even when breaking down by cabin class and deck, using the List View method).

When doing it this way, as I say, you can only claim to know the maximum # of cabins that might be booked based upon visible remaining inventory.  There may be inventory still held in group blocks and not yet released, or by held back X for other reasons (e.g., quarantine areas).

For my cruise, 28% show available now, so we know actual bookings now must be 72% or less.

Thank you! I was hoping for an easier way….

18 minutes ago, capsplace said:

No idea my question would turn into such a debate on how to determine capacity.  Stay calm, and enjoy the waves!

How are you we were on the TA with you and was always nice seeing you on the ship.. Just booked the Apex TA on April 22, 2023 look at it.

Another cruise I would love you to look at is the Solstice SE Asia Nov 3, 2023 we have some great, great private tours planed. 

Ed

Edited by southernbreezes