Suite guarantee or Royal up?

mcatmcat

Hi everyone 

right now I have a suite quarantee  but I received an email to do the royal up? 
Should I bit or just hope for a better room that. Junior suite by just doing nothing 

also, in the event that I win and they put me let’s say in an Owner’s suite , do I still get double points and all the benefits. 
I don’t remember where but I think I read something about loosing some benefits if you get upgraded to a suite if you are coming from a lower category , but I already have a suite quarantee 

thanks you, I’m just confused on what to do 

All suites get 1 extra pt. Double is in the eyes of the beholder. 1 extra pt for solo so 3 pts possible.

What they mean is going from a balcony to a JS or higher via royal up, you dont get the 1 extra suite pt. Since you are for sure in at least a JS the pts will be the same. JS for pts counting is counted as a suite. 

Up to you if you want to bid higher. Most get a JS if that's the minimum. 

Edited by firefly333

I enjoy the chance to BidUp...you never know. We've gone from a JS to OS this past January on Navigator. Good thing we loved the OS..bad thing now after that we're booking OS's for most all our cruises.

• Like 1

You mentioned on a recent thread that you can see your muster station for your cruise in two months (I assume this is the same cruise), but still see gty.  That suggests Royal has unofficially picked your cabin even though you cannot yet see it.  It may appear soon or they may keep it secret.  If they keep it secret, when on line check in opens for your cruise (typically 45 days out), do your check in, to get your set sail pass, then use the “bar code trick” to see your cabin assignment.  (If Apple user, put set sail pass in apple wallet.  If android user, use a bar code reader.  Look at the numbers below the barcode. If there are numbers to the right of the - (dash), that is your unofficial cabin assignment.  In all likelihood it will be a JS.  

Knowing that might cabin assignment might make your bidding decisions easier.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

normally choosing your own room vs them choosing is a few hundred bucks difference

but on my may cruise its 1800 for the gty and 3200 for the lowest available suite, which is not a JR. so will they bump up JR suites to something higher to make room for GTY people?