HAL Happy Hour?

newtocruiseinblue

19 hours ago, crystalspin said:

The drink stewards like to call SBP/HIA "all day happy hour".

😀    Maybe the goal of this program is to change the image of HAL from those who will soon be deceased to rival the reputation of Carnival's Fun Ships?  😀   Another example of marketing that I don't understand (nor appreciate) just to keep up with "the others" that offer such packages?  

A couple of very pleasant benefits advantages of HH is the connection with other guests that frequent that event.  Many are regulars; some newbies arrive from day to day.  I have noticed that these newbies often return and join our pleasant group.  The other benefit is the continuance of the canapes and snacks served during that time.  Some warm; some cold.  Most are all good.  But, I have noticed the lack of a previous "regular":  Bitterballen.  

• Like 2

On the Westerdam in August they had half price drinks for happy hour in all the bars. Was great, we didn't have that HIA, but bought a "bucket" of beer for the room during happy hour and all the beer was half price. No limit on how many could order. I can't say for sure it was everyday since we didn't figure it out until later in the cruise. But did have it the last several days.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vswan said:

On the Westerdam in August they had half price drinks for happy hour in all the bars.

we are just back from a 7 day on Westerdam, happy hour from 4-5 every day, in every bar we came across that was open at the time.  It did bring out some social connections, we thought it was a quiet and pleasant happy hour, not a race to drink.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 3:17 PM, rkacruiser said:

The other benefit is the continuance of the canapes and snacks served during that time.  Some warm; some cold.  Most are all good.  But, I have noticed the lack of a previous "regular":  Bitterballen.  

No bitterballen?!? That's it, I'm staying home! (who am I kidding 🤣)

Edited by lavictoria
removed excess quotation
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, lavictoria said:

No bitterballen?!? That's it, I'm staying home! (who am I kidding 🤣)

One never knows what the snacks will be.  Maybe Bitterballen might make a sudden appearance.  I will give credit to HAL for some canapes that have been creative in what was prepared.  They sometimes serve in their shot glasses some interesting liquid creations that sometimes appear unusual, but, often are quite good.  One HH, a 3 part dish was served with olives, potato chips, and I don't remember what.  The olives were good; the potato chips were good (and something different).  Whatever #3 was, it was good as well.  Variety is the "spice of life".

• Like 3

On 9/14/2022 at 6:49 PM, rkacruiser said:

One HH, a 3 part dish was served with olives, potato chips, and I don't remember what.  The olives were good; the potato chips were good (and something different).  Whatever #3 was, it was good as well.

Sounds like something from the Gallery Bar

• Like 1