Our LEGENDary B2B to Bermuda & New England / Canada (w/pics) - 8/28/22.

Jamman54

15 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Yes!!!!! I’ve been checking for this every day!! I love your reviews, thanks for taking us along. 

Glad to have you aboard with us again! :classic_laugh:

15 hours ago, Webecruzen said:

Welcome home!  Looking forward to following your and Patti’s Legend Adventure.  Sorry we missed this one.  

Thanks! We missed you not being here, but we didn't get to Horseshoe Bay again due to the weather. We'll try again next time! :classic_biggrin:

15 hours ago, natefish95 said:

Only 2 pictures from Hooters? lol

Looking forward to your review! I've been having withdrawals of good, lengthy CC reviews since Greg wrapped his up. 

Patti took a few more but they weren't up to her standards! :classic_biggrin: Glad to have you aboard again! :classic_cool:

6 hours ago, jimbri said:

Another great review.  Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks so much, just getting warmed up! :classic_cool:

5 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

What a great find in my In Box this morning.  Enjoying catching up with my coffee on this 43 degree morning here in Massachusetts.  All signed up to follow along another great review!

Always a pleasure to have you along with us! :classic_laugh:

4 hours ago, ober134 said:

Following. We leave in 2 weeks to sail NE/ Canada (on a different line). Some of the same ports tho, which I'm anxiously awaiting your reviews and photos. No worries, 4 more on the books for CCL after that. 

Glad to have you along for the ride with us. We love cruising to New England and Canada! :classic_cool:

Day # 1  -  8/28/22  -  It’s Embarkation Day!

We woke up to another sunny and warm day here in Baltimore. We have the first arrival time of 12:00 to 12:30 pm so we are not in any hurry. If that first arrival time seems late to you, let me explain. In Baltimore, the Carnival Legend doesn’t dock until around 9 am every week, so debarkation and the subsequent embarkation start about two hours later then what most of you are used to. Sail away is pushed back until 5 pm.

We went downstairs once again for our free breakfast, and then spent some time getting ready to leave for the ship. We never took our suitcases out of the car, electing to each carry a small bag into the hotel with what we needed for our two night stay. We brought our hotel stuff down to the car, and then repacked and tagged our suitcases. We checked out of the hotel at 10:30, and began our drive over to the port. We were soon passing the Best Western shuttle, which was also heading to the port…..

IMG_4219-X2.jpg

Our first views of the Carnival Legend docked at the Cruise Maryland Terminal…..

IMG_4223-X2.jpg

IMG_4224-X2.jpg

We have arrived at the terminal…..

IMG_4227-X2.jpg

IMG_4230-X2.jpg

The Carnival Legend docked at the Cruise Maryland Terminal…..

IMG_4228-X2.jpg

IMG_4235-X2.jpg

If you are parking at the terminal, don’t get there before 11 am, which is when they begin cueing up cars for parking, or you will be sent out and have to loop back around. I thought I had timed it perfectly, but no, I had to do the loop of shame. When we got back to the parking lot we wound up being the 4th car in line. Here are a couple of views of the Legend as we waited to be let in to park…..

IMG_4233-X2.jpg

IMG_4232-X2.jpg

IMG_4236-X2.jpg

At 11:20, they began letting us in to park. You make a right turn and head towards the pier. At the end you make another right and you will see two lines of airline type luggage carts. Here is where you will give the porters your bags. Please, please, please don’t wait until you get here to tag your bags. That slows the whole process down. Tag them before you leave from wherever you are coming from. The porters will thank you!

We never had to get out of the car. They opened the back of the car, pulled out the suitcases, and loaded them into the luggage carts. I just rolled down my window and handed them a $20. Moving on, you make another right and get into one of two lines to pay for your parking. Parking is $15/day, credit card only. They DO NOT take cash!

IMG_4234-X2.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures that Patti took later in the day from the Legend that show the process as I have just described it. If there are any questions, please ask away…..

IMG_4284-X2.jpg

IMG_4281-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, SCcruiser123 said:

I've been waiting for your review! It was great to finally meet you onboard after reading your fabulous trip reports for several years.

Hey Barbara! It was great to meet you as well, and thanks for stopping by to say hello! We love to meet members of the Cruise Critic family, and everyone will get to meet you on the second leg of the cruise! :classic_biggrin:

Now after parking the car, we got into the single line leading into the terminal. There was no priority line outside the building. What do you think was the most important piece of paperwork that you needed in order to board this cruise was? It was not your passport/ID, it was not your boarding pass, it was not your vaccination card, it was not your “Negative” Covid test result, but it was that darn Bermuda Travel Authorization! You couldn’t get in the building without it. It was checked at every step along the way, and at one point they put a round green sticker on your shirt to signify you had it!

The doors were opened at 11:35, and things flowed very smoothly at the various stations. Once past the security scanners, there was a check in priority line for suites, diamonds, and platinums.  Once checked in, there was a section of chairs set aside for priority.

Boarding began right at noon with the suites being called first. Then it was boarding group A01. That’s us! They made sure we had our green stickers as we passed, and the first stop was to get our embarkation picture. You’ll notice that the green stickers are still on our shirts!

IMG_4237-X2.jpg

After that, the next step was to go through the facial recognition line, and then the long climb up the ramps and onto the ship. We stepped aboard at 12:12 pm. Now that we are aboard, here are today’s “Fun Times”……

IMG_4238-X2.jpg

IMG_4239-X2.jpg

The first thing we did once we were on board was head to our muster station. Our muster station was “B”, which was on Deck 3 forward, on the port side. After scanning our boarding passes and them demonstrating how to don a life vest, we were free to go. It took less than five minutes. Don’t know why they have to track people down to get this done!

Next, we went up to our cabin (5120) on Deck 5 to drop off our carry on bags. The door was open, the Sail & Sign cards weren’t there, and the cabin wasn’t quite ready, so we put our bags in the closet and left a note for the room steward. Just so that you know, on the Carnival Legend cabins aren’t ready until 2:30 pm.

Feeling hungry we went up to the Lido, Deck 9, for lunch. The buffet there is called the Unicorn Café. Here is the embarkation day menu…..

IMG_4346-X2.jpg

I headed over to the Chopsticks line where they serve Chinese food for lunch every day. This section becomes the Seafood Corner for dinner every night. Here is my lunch…..

IMG_4241-X2.jpg

Patti heads to the deli for her favorite turkey wrap and potato salad…..

IMG_4242-X2.jpg

We head over to the Red Frog Rum Bar for our first drinks of the cruise…..

IMG_4251-X2.jpg

IMG_4244-X2.jpg

Enjoying my first Thirsty Frog Wheat…..

IMG_4243-X2.jpg

Here are the Red Frog Rum Bar menus…..

IMG_4264-X2.jpg

IMG_4265-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Now after parking the car, we got into the single line leading into the terminal. There was no priority line outside the building. What do you think was the most important piece of paperwork that you needed in order to board this cruise was? It was not your passport/ID, it was not your boarding pass, it was not your vaccination card, it was not your “Negative” Covid test result, but it was that darn Bermuda Travel Authorization! You couldn’t get in the building without it. It was checked at every step along the way, and at one point they put a round green sticker on your shirt to signify you had it!

The doors were opened at 11:35, and things flowed very smoothly at the various stations. Once past the security scanners, there was a check in priority line for suites, diamonds, and platinums.  Once checked in, there was a section of chairs set aside for priority.

Boarding began right at noon with the suites being called first. Then it was boarding group A01. That’s us! They made sure we had our green stickers as we passed, and the first stop was to get our embarkation picture. You’ll notice that the green stickers are still on our shirts!

IMG_4237-X2.jpg

After that, the next step was to go through the facial recognition line, and then the long climb up the ramps and onto the ship. We stepped aboard at 12:12 pm. Now that we are aboard, here are today’s “Fun Times”……

IMG_4238-X2.jpg

IMG_4239-X2.jpg

The first thing we did once we were on board was head to our muster station. Our muster station was “B”, which was on Deck 3 forward, on the port side. After scanning our boarding passes and them demonstrating how to don a life vest, we were free to go. It took less than five minutes. Don’t know why they have to track people down to get this done!

Next, we went up to our cabin (5120) on Deck 5 to drop off our carry on bags. The door was open, the Sail & Sign cards weren’t there, and the cabin wasn’t quite ready, so we put our bags in the closet and left a note for the room steward. Just so that you know, on the Carnival Legend cabins aren’t ready until 2:30 pm.

Feeling hungry we went up to the Lido, Deck 9, for lunch. The buffet there is called the Unicorn Café. Here is the embarkation day menu…..

IMG_4346-X2.jpg

I headed over to the Chopsticks line where they serve Chinese food for lunch every day. This section becomes the Seafood Corner for dinner every night. Here is my lunch…..

IMG_4241-X2.jpg

Patti heads to the deli for her favorite turkey wrap and potato salad…..

IMG_4242-X2.jpg

We head over to the Red Frog Rum Bar for our first drinks of the cruise…..

IMG_4251-X2.jpg

IMG_4244-X2.jpg

Enjoying my first Thirsty Frog Wheat…..

IMG_4243-X2.jpg

Here are the Red Frog Rum Bar menus…..

IMG_4264-X2.jpg

IMG_4265-X2.jpg

To be continued……

The ting mojito is so good!!

Laura

• Haha 1

While I hang out at the Red Frog Rum Bar, Patti begins her picture tour of the ship. She starts with the mid ship Avalon pool and hot tub. This pool has a sliding roof that can be closed in inclement weather…..

IMG_4247-X2.jpg

IMG_4256-X2.jpg

IMG_4249-X2.jpg

IMG_4250-X2.jpg

The “Cheers” & "Bottomless Bubbles" display……

IMG_4253-X2.jpg

IMG_4254-X2.jpg

IMG_4255-X2.jpg

The Blue Iguana Tequila Bar…..

IMG_4257-X2.jpg

The Blue Iguana Cantina…..

IMG_4260-X2.jpg

IMG_4262-X2.jpg

IMG_4263-X2.jpg

IMG_4258-X2.jpg

Right by the Cantina is a frozen yogurt machine…..

IMG_4261-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 7

Patti checks out the slides and Water Works on Deck 11 aft…..

IMG_4285-X2.jpg

IMG_4286-X2.jpg

IMG_4289-X2.jpg

IMG_4288-X2.jpg

IMG_4290-X2.jpg

IMG_4291-X2.jpg

Patti heads all the way forward to check out the Helen of Troy Salon and the Fountain of Youth Spa on Deck 9…..

IMG_4323-X2.jpg

IMG_4324-X2.jpg

IMG_4322-X2.jpg

IMG_4321-X2.jpg

IMG_4320-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 7

Patti heads up the stairs to Deck 11 Forward where she finds the jogging track, basketball court, and mini golf…..

IMG_4332-X2.jpg

IMG_4330-XL.jpg

IMG_4333-X2.jpg

IMG_4327-X2.jpg

IMG_4328-X2.jpg

IMG_4329-XL.jpg

IMG_4331-X2.jpg

There’s a nice view of the terminal, gangway, and parking lot from up here. People are still streaming in…..

IMG_4335-X2.jpg

Patti heads over to the Nouveau Restaurant which is the Steakhouse on the Legend. It’s located under the funnel on Decks 10 & 11, mid ship…..

IMG_4340-X2.jpg

IMG_4339-X2.jpg

IMG_4338-X2.jpg

IMG_4341-X2.jpg

It’s after 2:30, so Patti comes to collect me from the Red Frog Rum Bar so we can go check out our cabin. I’ve been hanging out with a couple members of the Cruise Critic family, Wanda and Joe. (wajowander2011).

IMG_4348-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 11

1 hour ago, sammee said:

Was on her last September, but still love checking out your reviews. 

Thanks for hopping aboard! :classic_cool:

34 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Spirit Class has been my all time favorite class of Carnival ships....wish they were still building them.

We agree 100%. We've done 15 cruises on them, and we'll be on the Spirit in January. :classic_cool:

• Like 2

Thank you so much, Jeff and Patti!  Wonderful information and pictures as always 🙂 

We were in Baltimore a few weeks before you on Enchantment to NE/Canada and will be going on our first Journey's Cruise next month on the Legend.  I'm excited to see the Legend through your eyes.

I don't know if you remember, but we actually met on the Sunrise in 2019 (the one where we sailed into the hurricane en route to Bermuda, then ended up in Charleston).  I've just gotten back to Cruise Critic recently and I'm relieved that you both survived COVID and are still cruising.

We stayed at BW Elkridge based on your reviews and really liked it.  We booked through a Park and Stay option (through Trinity) and let the hotel shuttle us.  I understand if you like getting right on the road after the cruise, but wanted to let you know they have that option if you were unaware.  Stained Glass pub was very nice and we look forward to staying there next month.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your review.  Thanks again!

• Like 1