Our LEGENDary B2B to Bermuda & New England / Canada (w/pics) - 8/28/22.

Jamman54

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

it was that darn Bermuda Travel Authorization! You couldn’t get in the building without it. It was checked at every step along the way, and at one point they put a round green sticker on your shirt to signify you had it!

It was the same deal in New York. When I got in line they had a lady sitting out there in a chair checking the authorization. She said you can't get in the building without it. In Seattle it was the same with the Canadian authorization. No stickers at either of those ports though.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Day # 1  -  8/28/22  -  It’s Embarkation Day!

We woke up to another sunny and warm day here in Baltimore. We have the first arrival time of 12:00 to 12:30 pm so we are not in any hurry. If that first arrival time seems late to you, let me explain. In Baltimore, the Carnival Legend doesn’t dock until around 9 am every week, so debarkation and the subsequent embarkation start about two hours later then what most of you are used to. Sail away is pushed back until 5 pm.

We went downstairs once again for our free breakfast, and then spent some time getting ready to leave for the ship. We never took our suitcases out of the car, electing to each carry a small bag into the hotel with what we needed for our two night stay. We brought our hotel stuff down to the car, and then repacked and tagged our suitcases. We checked out of the hotel at 10:30, and began our drive over to the port. We were soon passing the Best Western shuttle, which was also heading to the port…..

IMG_4219-X2.jpg

Our first views of the Carnival Legend docked at the Cruise Maryland Terminal…..

IMG_4223-X2.jpg

IMG_4224-X2.jpg

We have arrived at the terminal…..

IMG_4227-X2.jpg

IMG_4230-X2.jpg

The Carnival Legend docked at the Cruise Maryland Terminal…..

IMG_4228-X2.jpg

IMG_4235-X2.jpg

If you are parking at the terminal, don’t get there before 11 am, which is when they begin cueing up cars for parking, or you will be sent out and have to loop back around. I thought I had timed it perfectly, but no, I had to do the loop of shame. When we got back to the parking lot we wound up being the 4th car in line. Here are a couple of views of the Legend as we waited to be let in to park…..

IMG_4233-X2.jpg

IMG_4232-X2.jpg

IMG_4236-X2.jpg

At 11:20, they began letting us in to park. You make a right turn and head towards the pier. At the end you make another right and you will see two lines of airline type luggage carts. Here is where you will give the porters your bags. Please, please, please don’t wait until you get here to tag your bags. That slows the whole process down. Tag them before you leave from wherever you are coming from. The porters will thank you!

We never had to get out of the car. They opened the back of the car, pulled out the suitcases, and loaded them into the luggage carts. I just rolled down my window and handed them a $20. Moving on, you make another right and get into one of two lines to pay for your parking. Parking is $15/day, credit card only. They DO NOT take cash!

IMG_4234-X2.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures that Patti took later in the day from the Legend that show the process as I have just described it. If there are any questions, please ask away…..

IMG_4284-X2.jpg

IMG_4281-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

Love reading your reviews!! I do have a question re: parking. We will board Legend tomorrow. While we have left from Baltimore on the Pride many times, tomorrow will be the first time we drive “day of” and park on the lot. We usually come day before and do a Park & Cruise package at hotel.  Will there be room enough for all to park? I never paid much attention to the parking lot on previous cruises. Thank you. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fair-winds39 said:

Love reading your reviews!! I do have a question re: parking. We will board Legend tomorrow. While we have left from Baltimore on the Pride many times, tomorrow will be the first time we drive “day of” and park on the lot. We usually come day before and do a Park & Cruise package at hotel.  Will there be room enough for all to park? I never paid much attention to the parking lot on previous cruises. Thank you. Enjoy your cruise.

There are plenty of spaces for all to park. Enjoy your cruise! 😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Patti checks out Guy’s Burgers…..

IMG_4273-X2.jpg

IMG_4269-X2.jpg

IMG_4274-X2.jpg

IMG_4275-X2.jpg

IMG_4270-X2.jpg

IMG_4271-X2.jpg

IMG_4272-X2.jpg

IMG_4276-X2.jpg

Patti heads outside and up to Deck 11. Here’s a view of Baltimore….

IMG_4279-X2.jpg

Patti spots our car out in the lot…..

IMG_4280-X2.jpg

IMG_4283-X2.jpg

IMG_4282-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

OMG look at the parking of the car next to you!!! How can they be parked in a handicap stall if they dont even know HOW to park in a handicap stall??

• Like 2

18 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Thank you so much, Jeff and Patti!  Wonderful information and pictures as always 🙂 

We were in Baltimore a few weeks before you on Enchantment to NE/Canada and will be going on our first Journey's Cruise next month on the Legend.  I'm excited to see the Legend through your eyes.

I don't know if you remember, but we actually met on the Sunrise in 2019 (the one where we sailed into the hurricane en route to Bermuda, then ended up in Charleston).  I've just gotten back to Cruise Critic recently and I'm relieved that you both survived COVID and are still cruising.

We stayed at BW Elkridge based on your reviews and really liked it.  We booked through a Park and Stay option (through Trinity) and let the hotel shuttle us.  I understand if you like getting right on the road after the cruise, but wanted to let you know they have that option if you were unaware.  Stained Glass pub was very nice and we look forward to staying there next month.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your review.  Thanks again!

Of course we remember you. We'll never forget that cruise! Glad to see you back on CC and glad you have plans to cruise on the Legend soon. That Best Western is our go to place when staying in Baltimore. We used the shuttle service one time, but prefer to just park at the port. Using the shuttle means adding another hour and a half or more to our return home. :classic_cool:

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That's funny! Forgot to mention, that on my lunch picture from chopsticks, there is a bowl of jambalaya that Patti had brought me. wasn't bad! :classic_biggrin:

17 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

It's about time!!!!  Like many I have been checking hourly for your review.  Baltimore!!!  The memories!!!  Used to drive down and take in Yankee/Orioles games too.  Beautiful ball park.  Did Patti find a bar that made Carribean Coladas?  

Karry, it makes my heart so glad to see you posting, and that you have a cruise to Bermuda on the Magic coming up! The Red Frog Rum Bar and Pub will make the Caribbean Coladas, but Patti is into the Mocha Chocolate Getaways now! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, nybumpkin said:

Just when I was having withdrawal pangs after finishing Saint Greg's review - I get a Jamman review! Looking forward to the ride, Jeff. We sailed Pride out of Baltimore three times and love the sail down the Chesapeake.

I knew you would be here as you never miss. Thanks for coming along for the ride once again! :classic_laugh:

13 hours ago, kdr69 said:

OMG look at the parking of the car next to you!!! How can they be parked in a handicap stall if they dont even know HOW to park in a handicap stall??

I see it all the time everywhere I go. I have even seen people park completely on the diagonal lines that separate the spaces! 😬

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Really enjoyed your last review so I'm tuned in again. Love how detailed and informative you are and of course the beautiful pictures speak for themselves. Thank you both for your time and dedication.

Thank you for reading, and welcome aboard once again! :classic_cool:

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Changed your mind Greg? :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

We went back to our cabin and found that the door was locked, our Sail & Sign cards were in the mailbox, and our luggage had arrived. But before we move in Patti has to take her pictures…..

IMG_4350-X2.jpg

IMG_4713-X2.jpg

IMG_0512-X2.jpg

IMG_0507-X2.jpg

Swipe type safe…..

IMG_0510-X2.jpg

Our mini fridge…..

IMG_0511-X2.jpg

The hallway and closets…..

IMG_0513-X2.jpg

IMG_0517-X2.jpg

IMG_0519-X2.jpg

The typical Carnival bathroom…..

IMG_0514-X2.jpg

IMG_0515-X2.jpg

On the desk is a QR Directory that should answer most of your questions….

IMG_4351-X2.jpg

This is our extended balcony…..

IMG_5140-X2.jpg

IMG_5138-X2.jpg

Patti put this hanging on our door……

IMG_4354-X2.jpg

Here are a couple of additional notes. There was one electrical socket which handled our power strip. The table lamps on each side of the bed had two USB ports for your charging pleasure. We met our room steward and HIS name was Kristina, but we called him Kris for short. We asked for evening service and our ice bucket filled twice a day. He honored those requests flawlessly during our two week aboard the Legend.

After we unpacked our suitcases, Patti went out to continue her picture tour of the Legend. I hung out in the cabin until it was time for sail away.

To be continued…..

• Like 11

Jamman thank you for the review and pics. I have a Legend cruise coming up this winter. Typically I try to arrive to embark after the crowds. I like to take my carry on to my cabin and unpack. Thanks for pointing out the later embarkation and cabin available times for Legend. If I want to avoid lines and get there after the rush can you recommend an arrival time?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Jamman thank you for the review and pics. I have a Legend cruise coming up this winter. Typically I try to arrive to embark after the crowds. I like to take my carry on to my cabin and unpack. Thanks for pointing out the later embarkation and cabin available times for Legend. If I want to avoid lines and get there after the rush can you recommend an arrival time?

Thanks for reading! For what you are asking....two-ish. :classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Patti continues with her picture tour. This is the Follies Theater on Decks 2,3,& 4 forward…..

IMG_4356-X2.jpg

IMG_4355-X2.jpg

IMG_4357-X2.jpg

The Trump Card Room, Deck 2 forward…..

IMG_4360-X2.jpg

IMG_4361-X2.jpg

There are a couple of cases with books and games…..

IMG_4362-X2.jpg

IMG_4363-X2.jpg

This is the Legends Café (Coffee Bar), Deck 2 forward…..

IMG_4369-X2.jpg

IMG_4368-X2.jpg

IMG_4365-X2.jpg

IMG_4364-X2.jpg

IMG_4366-X2.jpg

IMG_4367-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

That's funny! Forgot to mention, that on my lunch picture from chopsticks, there is a bowl of jambalaya that Patti had brought me. wasn't bad! :classic_biggrin:

Karry, it makes my heart so glad to see you posting, and that you have a cruise to Bermuda on the Magic coming up! The Red Frog Rum Bar and Pub will make the Caribbean Coladas, but Patti is into the Mocha Chocolate Getaways now! :classic_biggrin:

Thank you for that nice thought!  I might just be persuaded to have a Mocha Chocolate Getaway AND a Caribben Colada.  I will toast you both!

• Like 2

Thank you so much for this!  Loving the pictures, Miss Patti!  Looking forward to sailing on Legend now even more than I was before - so much like my good ole Pride!  My family will be stepping onto a ship on which we've never sailed, but feel at home, and instantly know our way around everywhere!  Man, I love Spirit Class!😁

ETA:  I'll probably enjoy Legend even more than Pride, since Legend doesn't have the big, loud movie screen on Lido.  So glad about that!

Edited by ShakyBeef
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

Thank you so much for this!  Loving the pictures, Miss Patti!  Looking forward to sailing on Legend now even more than I was before - so much like my good ole Pride!  My family will be stepping onto a ship on which we've never sailed, but feel at home, and instantly know our way around everywhere!  Man, I love Spirit Class!😁

ETA:  I'll probably enjoy Legend even more than Pride, since Legend doesn't have the big, loud movie screen on Lido.  So glad about that!

Yep, step onto any Spirit Class ship and you'll feel at home! The movie screen on the Lido doesn't bother me one way or the other. I do remember watching the NCAA Men's Basketball Finals out there one year while on the Pride. That was pretty awesome! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1