Enchantment problem?

Fredr500

4 hours ago, Fredr500 said:

Thanks Sunshine. 
we drove so it was no big deal but those who flew were scrambling. Huge line up outside port terminal waiting for us to get off. Glad they made it. 

Reason to never plan on Flying out early. I'm always on 12-2pm. At least dozen times over the yrs seen it happen inc couple times missed Flights meant many stuck another nite away from Home

• Like 2

I was also on this sailing, there was a tug on each side, I never saw them pushing or making contact with the ship.  Heard it was an issue with the props or rudder but it could have been with the thrusters, Either would have required tugs to keep her in the channel if she began drifting out of the channel.  Remember the Evergreen Barge that was stuck for several days.  Whatever it was they fixed it and sailed out around 5 that evening.

We docked about three hours later than scheduled, we left the ship shortly after 11:00.  Traffic leaving the port was terrible it took us almost an hour from leaving the ship to getting on 95S.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WVHillbilly said:

I was also on this sailing, there was a tug on each side, I never saw them pushing or making contact with the ship.  Heard it was an issue with the props or rudder but it could have been with the thrusters, Either would have required tugs to keep her in the channel if she began drifting out of the channel.  Remember the Evergreen Barge that was stuck for several days.  Whatever it was they fixed it and sailed out around 5 that evening.

We docked about three hours later than scheduled, we left the ship shortly after 11:00.  Traffic leaving the port was terrible it took us almost an hour from leaving the ship to getting on 95S.

Marine traffic showed three tugs, especially once you got close to docking.

On Enchantment now.  The conceirge told us it was an electrical problem and we should have no issues this cruise.  We did have to slow down shortly after we left port for 2 medical evacuations, one of a crew member via helicopter.

We are speeding along very smoothly now, and supposedly will make up enough time to dock in Bermuda on time, but I guess we'll find out if that's true tomorrow.

Embarkation was a nightmare. We live an hour from port and sat in traffic for so long our trip took 4.5 hours. Well over two hours of that was in the parking lot waiting to park.  Everyone was really angry yesterday.  Luckily today was beautiful, the food is good, and the alcohol is flowing, so everyone is in a much better mood!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, karmacats said:

Embarkation was a nightmare. We live an hour from port and sat in traffic for so long our trip took 4.5 hours. Well over two hours of that was in the parking lot waiting to park. 

OMG!!  What was your boarding time?  I assume you got there late because of the traffic on I-95 (always a nightmare).  I've sailed out of Baltimore dozens of times and fortunately never had a problem like you did.  I'm glad you made it on board and hope you're having a great time.

2 hours ago, Janet524 said:

OMG!!  What was your boarding time?  I assume you got there late because of the traffic on I-95 (always a nightmare).  I've sailed out of Baltimore dozens of times and fortunately never had a problem like you did.  I'm glad you made it on board and hope you're having a great time.

Our boarding time was 11, but Royal sent a notice to everyone with 10-12 boarding times not to come until noon, which I'm sure was at least partly the cause of the mess because everyone got there at once.  There was no further communication so we didn't know when the ship was leaving, and therefore if 1:30 was still latest boarding, so we left our house at 11:30.  As it turned out, we didn't board until 4ish.

It took us a little less than an hour to get to exit 54.  Then a little over an hour to get from 54 to 55 and down the ramp and road to port, and over 2 hours sitting in the parking lot - there were 8 or 9 lanes of cars funnelling into 2 to drop off luggage and pay.

The only other time we've had such a long delay was in Ft Lauderdale, when they couldn't clear the ship because a passenger barricaded themselves in their room!  But even then we got regular updates and they passed out food and water in line. For this trip we knew nothing.

We've been cruising alongside Bermuda today since a little after noon Bermuda time, so it looks like we'll dock in time, and the weather is beautiful.  We're in an aft balcony so enjoying the ride.  🙂. After embarkation, the cruise has been fabulous.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 12:26 AM, karmacats said:

On Enchantment now.  The conceirge told us it was an electrical problem and we should have no issues this cruise.  We did have to slow down shortly after we left port for 2 medical evacuations, one of a crew member via helicopter.

We are speeding along very smoothly now, and supposedly will make up enough time to dock in Bermuda on time, but I guess we'll find out if that's true tomorrow.

Embarkation was a nightmare. We live an hour from port and sat in traffic for so long our trip took 4.5 hours. Well over two hours of that was in the parking lot waiting to park.  Everyone was really angry yesterday.  Luckily today was beautiful, the food is good, and the alcohol is flowing, so everyone is in a much better mood!

I worked at the Baltimore Port for many years (retired now) and did some time in the Cruise Department under the previous manager.  They used to get awards from the cruise lines for how well they handled embarkation.  Don't know what's happening now, but even with Covid, etc., sailing from NY, NJ, and Florida is a much smoother process.  We have a cruise coming up soon from Baltimore and I'm dreading it because our last two were horrible.  At least you end up on the ship!

Our boarding and disembarkation were quick and smooth. No problems at all with the port. The traffic on Friday was our only problem, the shuttle to the hotel to get our car took forever to arrive and then forever to get out. But the port itself was quick and efficient. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 12:59 PM, karmacats said:

We've been cruising alongside Bermuda today since a little after noon Bermuda time, so it looks like we'll dock in time, and the weather is beautiful.  We're in an aft balcony so enjoying the ride.  🙂. After embarkation, the cruise has been fabulous.

Glad you're in Bermuda today.  Looks like Bermuda will be in the crosshairs of hurricane Fiona at the end of the week.  Bermuda is one of my favorite places.  Enjoy