Royal app is trying to scare me

Let me preface this by saying there is no real indication whatsoever that the 25 Sep sailing of Voyager has been cancelled. There is nothing at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates of the sort and I have not received any notification of it.

But .. persistently on the Royal app, when I bring up this cruise it says Voyage cancelled. If I click to see more information, it just tells me how to get to the port and says see you at my check-in time. I've signed out and signed in and no change. I've removed the app entirely and reinstalled, signed in again. No change.

RoyalPain.thumb.PNG.77bc15d9474c0e9ac60f92a662badaa0.PNG

Just now, time4u2go said:

Did you call them? What did they say?

I don't put enough credence in this to call them. If the voyage had been cancelled, there would likely be info on their itinerary updates page, we would have received an email message, and the person blogging from this week's voyage might have mentioned any issues they had encountered.

It is far easier to believe that Royal's IT people strike again.

40 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

Let me preface this by saying there is no real indication whatsoever that the 25 Sep sailing of Voyager has been cancelled. There is nothing at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates of the sort and I have not received any notification of it.

But .. persistently on the Royal app, when I bring up this cruise it says Voyage cancelled. If I click to see more information, it just tells me how to get to the port and says see you at my check-in time. I've signed out and signed in and no change. I've removed the app entirely and reinstalled, signed in again. No change.

RoyalPain.thumb.PNG.77bc15d9474c0e9ac60f92a662badaa0.PNG

There are still a few cabins that can be booked on the website

9 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I would at least log in on the website and see what shows there

Oh, yes. The first thing I did was to log in and also check the itinerary updates. There's no indication this is real except for what the app says.

I suspect that an app developer fulfilled a request to have a banner pop up saying "Voyage cancelled" on the home if a guest had a voyage cancelled. But nobody thought about how that flag got cleared. So yes, I have had many voyages cancelled in the last 2 1/2 years, but not this one.

10 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

I'm booked on this cruise and do not get this notification when logging in to the app.

But someone else on the sailing does. Again, I suspect the banner is left over from a previous cruise and there is simply no logic in the app to remove it once that sailing has passed.

Could it be that the current cruise has been cancelled for some reason? When you look at the menus in the main dining room, it always shows the menus of the current cruise. If the current cruise is only 8 nights long but yours is 15 nights, you'll see tabs for the menus of 15 nights in the MDR, but after night 7 or 8, it will just say "Venue closed".

4 minutes ago, Brandis said:

Could it be that the current cruise has been cancelled for some reason?

No, the ship is in St John today. RCI IT and app issues usually explain a lot of problems and should be the default assumption.

Edited by Biker19

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI IT and app issues usually explain a lot of problems and should be the default assumption.

Indeed, I'm currently cursed with the split-cruise problem. Since we aren't boarding at the main port bit mid-way in the cruise, the app won't let us do online check-in.

@publicpersona I would urge you to call them. Because it's possible that although the cruise itself might not be canceled (as indicated by other posts here), there might be a problem with YOUR specific booking. In which case, you should have time to rectify it now, rather than get turned away at the port due to some internal error that could have been fixed with a phonecall.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Cyn874 said:

@publicpersona I would urge you to call them. Because it's possible that although the cruise itself might not be canceled (as indicated by other posts here), there might be a problem with YOUR specific booking. In which case, you should have time to rectify it now, rather than get turned away at the port due to some internal error that could have been fixed with a phonecall.

A much simpler way to confirm the issue is limited to the app is by checking the status in a browser.

• Like 1

I would be more concerned that my individual cruise was canceled, ie, final payment was misapplied or something.  That would not show on the itinerary updates.  You said you logged in and your cruise is still in your cruise planner however with all the reports on social media of cruises getting accidentally canceled without notification especially if you have FCCs attached, I think I would make a call just for ease of mind to make sure my individual booking was not canceled.

Edited by cured
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, cured said:

I would be more concerned that my individual cruise was canceled

As I've indicated a couple times, I've checked on that on the website. Additionally, I happened to have called Royal yesterday to confirm my D+ amenities and I'm sure they would have mentioned any issue. Finally, the language "voyage cancelled" is specific to an entire cruise sailing being cancelled. Had there been an issue with my specific booking, the language would be "Cruise cancelled" or "Booking cancelled."

1 hour ago, moposh said:

But enough to post here.  😄

I knew there would be someone who would entirely miss the point of the post (Royal's IT strikes again) and rather ignore the fact that I intentionally didn't say "Voyager 9/25 cancelled!!!" or some other irresponsible topic title, and put in bold print in the very first sentence that there was no reliable indication of a problem with the sailing.

53 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

On some sailings, RCI interports (multiple possible embarkation ports) - this is mostly on O class in Europe.

The only one that I am personally aware of is the Western Mediterranean loop where Barcelona is the "home port" and I guess about 2/3 of the people get on/off there. And the other port (the one we used when we did it) is Civitavecchia (Rome), where about 1/3 of the people get on/off. And while we did it on Symphony (Oasis class), I have no idea if it's limited to just that class as I think other classes can do that same itinerary.

4 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

The only one that I am personally aware of is the Western Mediterranean loop where Barcelona is the "home port" and I guess about 2/3 of the people get on/off there.

Rhapsody will be interporting between Colon and Cartagena in late 2023. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Someone on the social media site that shall not be mentioned posted the same thing - the app shows "Voyage cancelled" for the Sept. 25th sailing (unless that is you, @publicpersona?)

Nope, I'm not on <social networking site name expunged by the author>. There were also reports from others on this sailing saying the same, although not everyone. The good news is that it now says Welcome Aboard! instead, which is a lot more encouraging.

Moral of story (which was my reason for posting) .. if you ever look at the Royal app and see "Voyage cancelled", be curious enough to look into it on the website, but don't freak out. Royal IT works in mysterious ways its blunders to perform.

Edited by publicpersona
  • Like 2