Onward Update Event from Azamara

Host Jazzbeau

I received an email from the Azamara Circle program today, announcing an Instagram Live Special with Godmother Beth Santos:

Dear Azamara Circle Member,

Join us on September 28th, 2022, as we’ll be hosting an Instagram Live with Azamara Onward’s Godmother, Beth Santos! She will reconnect with Captain Carl Smith and Hotel Director Tony Markey to check-in and see how the Azamara Onward is doing since the Christening Ceremony.

925d5267-bcdf-4414-9887-ddd583428548.thumb.png.59501ed868fc1022f594089200b129f5.png

3 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

What's the point?  Does anyone care who a ship's godmother is?

The point is that we have tons of posts here asking about Onward's condition, after the rough edges on the maiden voyage – and this will be Azamara's update on what has happened since and what is still planned.  I thought a lot of people here would be interested in watching this.  But YMMV.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The point is that we have tons of posts here asking about Onward's condition, after the rough edges on the maiden voyage – and this will be Azamara's update on what has happened since and what is still planned.  I thought a lot of people here would be interested in watching this.  But YMMV.

I have Facebook not other things.Elizabeth just got on as HD and this says Tony! Where is she going with barely two months on ship.

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I received an email from the Azamara Circle program today, announcing an Instagram Live Special with Godmother Beth Santos:

Dear Azamara Circle Member,

Join us on September 28th, 2022, as we’ll be hosting an Instagram Live with Azamara Onward’s Godmother, Beth Santos! She will reconnect with Captain Carl Smith and Hotel Director Tony Markey to check-in and see how the Azamara Onward is doing since the Christening Ceremony.

925d5267-bcdf-4414-9887-ddd583428548.thumb.png.59501ed868fc1022f594089200b129f5.png

I appreciate you posting this as I did not receive it…..Discoverer Plus here. 
Also not  on Instagram.  Do we have to subscribe to Instagram and be a user there to view?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Also not  on Instagram.  Do we have to subscribe to Instagram and be a user there to view?

Here's the link:

https://view.email.azamaraclubcruises.com/?qs=e207c4bc58f457658299ddcf1de31155514b96a7c9ca26d6ff0eb779483ac33f6e647fedec9fde00df86c7d9786fa239f4b78edcadcbaf4fefe7cea25f143307ac06c2704f52eee9bc28a6e9a47915316db7eb152e81f80f

When you go to log in, it let's you use either an Instagram or Facebook ID.

3 hours ago, Roel94 said:

I have Facebook not other things.Elizabeth just got on as HD and this says Tony! Where is she going with barely two months on ship.

No it says his job title is Hotel Director it doesn’t say he is onboard just now. These things can be recorded virtually. Not sure an event like this will tick the update on condition box for cruisers as it will inevitably be super positive 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I am very interested in watching it! I have a huge soft spot for Onward, as we were on her maiden voyage. We will be sailing on her again in November, so I will have a first hand chance to see how she’s come on. In the meantime, this will be fun to watch.

And thank you very much for posting this. As usual, I did not get the Azamara Circle email. I hope they fix that with the new IT system!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We are all interested in Onward's condition.  Read what I wrote before being snarky.  Why do we need a godmother to tell us the ship's condition?  A godmother is as useful in discussing this topic as your appendix.  And nothing in the announcement said a word about discussing the ship's condition.  It said "how Onward is doing," whatever that means.  Do you really think Carl is going to discuss chips in bathroom sinks or rust on bulkheads?

What I'd like Azamara to face up to is to acknowledge the complaints about Onward's condition and schedule something to address that topic directly, because many here booked on Oward have expressed concerns, whether valid or not.  Skip the godmother and the fluff.  Address the issue head on and forthrightly.

• Like 4

As interested as I am, I will not be joining a social media platform to watch. Suspect it will be posted on YouTube at a later date. 
Will be very disappointed if it turns out to be more of a sales pitch than actually about the Onward itself. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RW75 said:

As interested as I am, I will not be joining a social media platform to watch. Suspect it will be posted on YouTube at a later date. 
Will be very disappointed if it turns out to be more of a sales pitch than actually about the Onward itself. 

I think you’re likely to be disappointed then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Read what I wrote before being snarky.

I did, and I thought you were being snarky.  So both of us came across differently than we intended.  

I tend to be optimistic: I think this outreach by Azamara will provide us with new information about the renovation process and their plans to complete it.  They are including two top officers who know the details.  And maybe the godmother will surprise you by being relevant and not just icing on the cake, but if not there will still be cake.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I did, and I thought you were being snarky.  So both of us came across differently than we intended.  

I tend to be optimistic: I think this outreach by Azamara will provide us with new information about the renovation process and their plans to complete it.  They are including two top officers who know the details.  And maybe the godmother will surprise you by being relevant and not just icing on the cake, but if not there will still be cake.

68D85648-35B6-426D-B3BE-F83C3113A2DD.jpeg

• Haha 4

On 9/24/2022 at 11:20 PM, takemewithyou said:

Mine was in my junk email. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, lake person said:

Suggest they use a zoom call or similar, not interested in Instagram or Facebook as a source----But am interested in Onward situation as are booked "back to back" 32 days to S America in Jan,

Dave

Here's the problem that you [and I] are going to face:  even though Azamara's clientele is boomers, who use Instagram and even Facebook far less than the younger generations – Azamara's marketing employees are from those younger generations.  They think that Instagram and Facebook are the common denominator social media.

Like you, I have no interest in either one – but as local, interesting restaurants drop having a website in favor of a Facebook page, I have been forced to create a Facebook account just to get the information I need.  But I value my privacy – so I set up a Facebook account with a non-name and registered it from a gmail account with that same non-name.  Since that person doesn't exist, no privacy concerns.  [But don't ask to 'friend' me, because that non-person has no friends and doesn't want any!]

• Like 1

Beth Santos seems to be the personification of  “ebullient”, so despite some technical glitches and limited content she had me smiling during the whole event.

No small thing in these times.

And the glitches revealed the inadequacy of Azamara’s wifi service, so . .  . .

• Haha 1

Well, I attended this joke of an event. Tony Markey and Beth Santos (from their home offices) made small talk for 45 minutes while Captain Carl struggled to connect from onboard the Onward. He managed to do so briefly a couple of times, but couldn’t hear. Azamara IT issues - shocking!! Finally, they gave up and Tony just answered questions in the chat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, nordski said:

Beth Santos seems to be the personification of  “ebullient”, so despite some technical glitches and limited content she had me smiling during the whole event.

No small thing in these times.

And the glitches revealed the inadequacy of Azamara’s wifi service, so . .  . .

At least she got to promote her book!