Where does Voyager of the Seas dock in St. Thomas?

Sun Lover

39 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

Thiank you.  Is it walking distance from Crown Bay to get to Charlotte Amalie?

I wouldn't do it...though we did it once...but never again.  😮 

It's all commercial warehouses, bad roads, and freight yards between Crown Bay and downtown.  Plenty of inexpensive open air shuttles to take you into town, and if you want to continue...into Havensight.

Nice walk from Havensight along the waterfront to town.  Another reason I miss Havensight.  😞 

I've walked to "downtown" several times from Crown Bay.  The first half of the walk is without sidewalks, the second half has sidewalks.  I've never found the walk dangerous.  Pop up rain showers can occur anytime so your best option is to pay for a Safari taxi ride (back of modified pickup).  

I used to live on St. Thomas so the lack of sidewalks doesn't phase me.  That's St. Thomas.  Charlotte Amalie has sidewalks for the most part, depending on what you consider to be the town limits.  The shopping is better in "downtown" compared to Havensight where the merchants pay a bloody fortune to be in Havensight and pass that additional expense to consumers.   

I can see why tourists might like the environment of Havensight more with less vehicle traffic and ease of walking around like a tourist (not watching for traffic) but downtown has better deals.  

• Thanks 1