Share price

Bin man

10 minutes ago, sandancer said:

I called them to ask how to proceed and they took all the details of the cruise to send off on my behalf. They then messaged me with confirmation that they were dealing with it. 

Thanks. I messaged them on their system, about lunchtime, so hope to get a message back.

5 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks. I messaged them on their system, about lunchtime, so hope to get a message back.

Why can’t you just print off your certificate and then you have it for forwarding a copy for each and every future cruise 🤷‍♂️
No faff whatsoever and also a copy for your own records…

• Like 1

7 hours ago, devonuk said:

Why can’t you just print off your certificate and then you have it for forwarding a copy for each and every future cruise 🤷‍♂️
No faff whatsoever and also a copy for your own records…

That's too easy !    Found my contract note and doing as you suggest.

Thanks

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Apologises for my being a nuisance. Do you have to post a copy of the Contract Note or will they accept an email. with attachment? I have read elsewhere they will not accept emails.

I've always sent an email with an attachment, as I imagine, do 99% of people.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Apologises for my being a nuisance. Do you have to post a copy of the Contract Note or will they accept an email. with attachment? I have read elsewhere they will not accept emails.

A contract note details the price and quantity of shares at the time of purchase. It does not prove that you still own the shares. Any documentation to prove ownership should be dated within three months of your application. 
This link gives you all the information you need. 

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

If you own the shares in a HL nominee account, you can download a PDF file which shows your current holding.

Brian

55 minutes ago, BrianI said:

A contract note details the price and quantity of shares at the time of purchase. It does not prove that you still own the shares. Any documentation to prove ownership should be dated within three months of your application. 
This link gives you all the information you need. 

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

If you own the shares in a HL nominee account, you can download a PDF file which shows your current holding.

Brian

I know zero about different share accounts.

My simple mind can't see why a contract note dated yesterday is less proof than any other document with the same date on it. Any proof only shows ownership at that time, I could sell them immediately after the OBC is credited.

30 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I know zero about different share accounts.

My simple mind can't see why a contract note dated yesterday is less proof than any other document with the same date on it. Any proof only shows ownership at that time, I could sell them immediately after the OBC is credited.

Would your mind see it differently if the contract note was dated ten years ago?  

I bought a 100 shares 15 years ago and have the old style paper version from equinti .Ever since all I have done is emailed twice every year asking for obc to be given for my cruises .This went pear shape this year on first email when they asked for proof I emailed back and said this was the first time in 20 cruises I had to do this they apologised as it was someone new and added my obc to my cruise. I think now a days these shares are  electronic and are handled slightly different to the old paper shares

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I used email to send in proof of shares for OBC last month.  The shareholder benefits team sent me an updated booking confirmation in a couple of days.

1 hour ago, devonuk said:

My contract note is well over 3 months old and never been questioned 🤷‍♂️

But why risk rejection when you could just as easily submit a current up to date statement or do you have share certificate. If so you just need to submit the share certificate number which P&O can check on the share register. 

Brian

Edited by BrianI

On 10/3/2022 at 10:35 PM, wowzz said:

Your wife will have to be booked seperately from you if you want to get double obc.

Apologies if you are already aware of this stipulation.  

We have two cabins booked. My wife in one with one of our kids and me in another with one of our kids. Different P&O Booking reference numbers. That works right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pmd98052 said:

We have two cabins booked. My wife in one with one of our kids and me in another with one of our kids. Different P&O Booking reference numbers. That works right?

I would say that is correct, as you can apply for obc for the shares you own for your booking reference,  and your wife can do likewise.

• Like 1

Market sentiment still appears to be quite negative on cruising, share price (CUK) now a smidge over £5, for anyone not yet a shareholder & with a couple (or more) 14 day cruises booked might be worth a punt given the £150 OBC for each cruise (for cruises up to Jul 2023). Not financial advice just an opinion.