Port cancellations cause cruise cancellations and itinery changes

Carnival have cancelled a couple of their cruises to the Pacific Islands during 2022 and changed the itinery of the January cruise

Mare and Isle of Pines are closed so we have been given an extra day in Mystery Island and a stop in  Lifou   wish they had stayed overnight in Fiji instead

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, windsor26 said:

Carnival have cancelled a couple of their cruises to the Pacific Islands during 2022 and changed the itinery of the January cruise

Mare and Isle of Pines are closed so we have been given an extra day in Mystery Island and a stop in  Lifou   wish they had stayed overnight in Fiji instead

The 17th Jan cruise is now going to Lifou and Noumea twice. Cancelled the other ports.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Ouch. Three days in Noumea!! Be still my beating heart. That would almost be enough to make me cancel.

And I don't think they are offering refunds either. Time to get the texta out and draw another line on the RAT.

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Ouch. Three days in Noumea!! Be still my beating heart. That would almost be enough to make me cancel.

Almost as bad as being being stuck in Melbvegas for 3 days the other week on Coral Princess, due to weather.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LincolnLegend said:

@windsor26I hope it's good snorkelling weather for our 29th jan cruise!

I just hope we will have some warm weather  I came to Australia to get warm but they lied!!!!  8 weeks in UK this year were superb and too hot to sleep a couple of nights

• Haha 4

I booked a cruise for may 2023 which stopped at 6 islands but today got a email that we wont be going to mare or isle of pines anymore. They replaced 1 day with another island and the other day with fun day at sea. 😒 Ayyone know if cancellation is possible or change to another cruise when you have a non refundable deposit?

8 hours ago, NSWP said:

Noumea is a dump, I could be more specific.

🚽🧻

An expensive dump. Having said that, we took a local shuttle to the aquarium and really enjoyed that - the girls behind the counter giggled to themselves and charged us senior entry fee, even though we hadn't asked for it and didn't qualify age-wise. We also did the Amadee Island trip which was very enjoyable. We bought a ridiculously expensive ice-cream🍦 at Lemon Bay - you just have to make the most of these places. We didn't rate the Roulades - food trucks - not into crepes and otherwise similar offerings to our local food trucks 😕 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nehaahen said:

I booked a cruise for may 2023 which stopped at 6 islands but today got a email that we wont be going to mare or isle of pines anymore. They replaced 1 day with another island and the other day with fun day at sea. 😒 Ayyone know if cancellation is possible or change to another cruise when you have a non refundable deposit?

They have it in their t&c they can the itinerary for any reason

12 hours ago, nehaahen said:

You are free to cancel, but would lose your deposit. The changes aren't considered as significant enough for them to offer a refund. Although unlikely, ask them or your T/A to confirm.

11 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

One of my favourite places in Noumea. You just have to get out of the city around the port -- on foot!!  in La Baie des Citrons25_1_orig.jpg

I would have to go there, the bar is named after me, lol. I cannot see the cougars that Chiliburn mentioned, lol.  Hiding in the trees perhaps.lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, arxcards said:

And I don't think they are offering refunds either. Time to get the texta out and draw another line on the RAT.

Noumea.jpg.daeaa12860649df30aec9cde8a3a245d.jpg

On the serious side, they now request for you to take a photo of your test, next to your photo ID and a time stamp of some sort.

I wonder if that is to weed out those positive that want to board anyway, or whether it really is to stop those who are actually negative but have changed their mind and want a credit instead of boarding???

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Noumea.jpg.daeaa12860649df30aec9cde8a3a245d.jpg

On the serious side, they now request for you to take a photo of your test, next to your photo ID and a time stamp of some sort.

I wonder if that is to weed out those positive that want to board anyway, or whether it really is to stop those who are actually negative but have changed their mind and want a credit instead of boarding???

Bit of both Geoff. Tightening up the covid policies, good idea.  I see photos posted on Princess board of CC with pax wandering around public areas, no masks on and I cringe.  No wonder they are still dying like flies in the Land of Tipping, UK as well.

I think some of these pax on their way here, from USA, doing Trans Pacific and few if any mask requirements, well certainly not mandatory anyway, will have have a shock if they stay on board to do the cruises in Aust/NZ where mask mandate is current. They will not be happy little cruisers.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I think some of these pax on their way here, from USA, doing Trans Pacific and few if any mask requirements, well certainly not mandatory anyway, will have have a shock if they stay on board to do the cruises in Aust/NZ where mask mandate is current. They will not be happy little cruisers.

I think the cruiselines are trying hard to have their ships arrive here without too many positive cases. Grand Princess are requiring masks and testing passengers onboard for their cruise that leaves US tomorrow to Oz. I believe Majestic has similar rules. Sparky said that Carnival Splendor had similar.E5B2B69D-AF4F-4B0E-8941-AD8E12831F8F.thumb.jpeg.05945c17ef202a365f6af61bff36a563.jpegE5B2B69D-AF4F-4B0E-8941-AD8E12831F8F.thumb.jpeg.05945c17ef202a365f6af61bff36a563.jpeg