Carnival Dream, LIVE 10/8/22-10/16/22

MeganGC1983

1 hour ago, blarko said:

Good point. Why would they have had them on the table???

When we get on the ship I generally put our keys in the safe and leave them there until the end of the cruise when I put them in my pants pocket. One time I put the keys in my backpack to go through security getting on the ship and apparently forgot to put them in the safe. When we left I was sitting in one of the waiting areas waiting for our zone to be called and suddenly realized I didn't have the car keys in my pocket. Moment of panic. I was sure the safe was empty. Scramble to look through everything. Found them in my backpack.

Perhaps the same thing with them? But why they didn't immediately put them in their pocket I can only imagine. I'm sure a spouse is to blame.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Number one reason why you need a sports bar. They aren’t here for soccer or surfing. 

76208320-5CDB-4363-9057-B2C9F3EEE5A9.jpeg

My number one complaint about Carnival ships is the sports bars aren't nearly big enough! And the overflow goes to Red Frog Pub (on ships that have them) and they don't have enough TVs in there - or they only have two or three games on them.

9 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

That is something. 

image.jpg

What the heck??

Megan, I'm so sad "our" cruise is over! I've had so much fun following along. My niece got married on the Dream 11 years ago in Port Canaveral. We went to the wedding on the ship but didn't stay on for the cruise (we had a UCF home football game the same week - we don't miss home games). I thought it was a beautiful ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisemom2 said:

Megan, I'm so sad "our" cruise is over! I've had so much fun following along. My niece got married on the Dream 11 years ago in Port Canaveral. We went to the wedding on the ship but didn't stay on for the cruise (we had a UCF home football game the same week - we don't miss home games). I thought it was a beautiful ship.

University of California-Fresno?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

University of California-Fresno?

9 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

Is that a serious question? Assuming it is—University of Central Florida.

It's not a serious question - Greg is funny.  Although once we were in Boston for the UCF at Boston College game (many years ago) and a bus driver asked us the same question. He also didn't know Boston College had a football team so 🤷‍♀️

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

This was a wonderful review and I enjoyed living vicariously through these posts and photos. 

I wondered, however, about the drink count which seemed to be 15 drinks per day. Was this a personal goal or was this the allowable amount through a drinks package? Just curious. 🍹🍷🧉🍹

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BarbieGee said:

This was a wonderful review and I enjoyed living vicariously through these posts and photos. 

I wondered, however, about the drink count which seemed to be 15 drinks per day. Was this a personal goal or was this the allowable amount through a drinks package? Just curious. 🍹🍷🧉🍹

It’s the allowed amount with cheers! Thanks for following along. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarbieGee said:

You are limited to 15 drinks per day on the Cheers program or without, with the exception of buckets, etc.

• Like 1

Now that I’ve recovered from a long, wet car ride and caught up on some work, I wanted to thank you all again for coming along with us. Doing a live is fun, but it does get a little taxing especially with the kids. But I’ve always enjoyed the reviews on here, so I don’t mind it. 
Final thoughts on the Dream:

She’s not a bad ship. There is the normal wear and tear, soft spots in the hallways, sewer smell occasionally when walking down a hallway, our main shower didn’t drain quite quick enough, so we did have a flooded bathroom a couple of times… had to space out the shower schedule a little more. The food was ok. We never ate on the Lido for dinner, but I heard it wasn’t very good. In the MDR, there were some items I loved on other ships that were just decent on this cruise. DH was definitely not happy with the “filet” on the second elegant night.
The service was pretty good. We enjoyed Saw and Owin at Red Frog Rum Bar. Also, a few MDR waiters, were excellent. Vasko and the Alchemy guys were a highlight as well. There were a few that just seemed “off”. The back pool bar was not a favorite and few waiters had some issues. You never know why that is, but it was obvious. 

Our steward was fantastic. L was as sneaky as you need a “stewart” to be. It’s hard to clean up after 5 people, and I tidied a bunch, but it’s still a lot of work to do and add in the other how many other cabins he had. I appreciate the hard work it is. 
MarQ was enjoyable. As was most of the fun squad. The entertainment was good minus the comedian issue. 
Overall, I enjoy an 8 night, but it was a lot with the kids. By the time the sea days came around after the ports, they were tired and ready to go home, so the next one with them will definitely be shorter… probably out of Tampa 😉. They definitely enjoyed Atlantis and Half Moon Cay. Key West wasn’t great for them and Freeport was just fun enough. It is a great itinerary change from Galveston instead of your typical western choices. 
As for the grown ups, we have 29 days until we sail the Scarlet Lady. Then in 45 days, we will sail the Carnival Panorama. 
If there is any questions, I’ll be happy to answer them. Thank you all again for following along and hopefully enjoying our trip. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 11