Vero water bottles

susiesan

Do all cabins have a reusable water bottle to put the Vero water in? Can we take them off the ship on excursions? If not, are there disposable water bottles handed out at the gangway when disembarking at the ports? Should I bring my own refillable water bottle to take ashore? Just one more thing to pack if O doesn't provide water bottles to take ashore.

6 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Do all cabins have a reusable water bottle to put the Vero water in? Can we take them off the ship on excursions? If not, are there disposable water bottles handed out at the gangway when disembarking at the ports? Should I bring my own refillable water bottle to take ashore? Just one more thing to pack if O doesn't provide water bottles to take ashore.

You are given your own new Aluminum water bottle (2 per cabin) which you can fill from multiple Vero water stations. That’s the good news. The bad news is that they are not insulated. So some folks bring their own. The glass Vero bottles in your room are replaced when you need more Vero water (yes the glass Vero bottles are reused after they are sanitized. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Robjame said:

“Bottle Water Cleaner” tablets are available on Amazon. These not only clean but they take away that metallic taste from new metal bottles. We plan to throw a few tablets in our bags for this purpose.

You can also ask the cabin steward to run them through the sanitizer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

“Bottle Water Cleaner” tablets are available on Amazon. These not only clean but they take away that metallic taste from new metal bottles. We plan to throw a few tablets in our bags for this purpose.

Thank you for the reminder.  I have these but need to pack them.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

When full, the Vero bottles are rather heavy and definitely not for on shore use.

How big are they  ?

I would not think the thin metal bottles would be that heavy

The heavy glass Vero water bottles are separate and distinct from the aluminum water bottles that are complementary to passengers. I was very unimpressed with the aluminum water bottles on Riviera last November. I will be packing an insulated water bottle to use.

• Like 2

The aluminum bottles are cheap pieces of c**p.  Had a bad cap on one, plus they generate a ton of condensation if you put a cold liquid in them.  They are another example of virtue signaling - we replace recyclable plastic with metal that will likely just get tossed into a land fill because it's junk.  Plus, you can't tell how much water is in the metal bottle unless you are Clark Kent.

Wonder whose cousin works for Vero and got the contract for the bottles and dispensers?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I understand that people have their own different opinions on that matter. But personally we just don’t like the taste of Vero water at all, especially when poured in the aluminum bottle provided by Oceania.

In the past we were able to pre-order Evian and San Pellegrino to be stocked in our cabin fridge. If it’s not possible anymore I would plan to buy bottled water ashore to bring on the ship as needed and use my own reusable water bottle of better quality.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, osandomir said:

I understand that people have their own different opinions on that matter. But personally we just don’t like the taste of Vero water at all, especially when poured in the aluminum bottle provided by Oceania.

In the past we were able to pre-order Evian and San Pellegrino to be stocked in our cabin fridge. If it’s not possible anymore I would plan to buy bottled water ashore to bring on the ship as needed and use my own reusable water bottle of better quality.

Not a problem to pre-order Evian and San Pellegrino for your room and order around the ship....they are trying to stop handing out plastic bottles water to people going ashore and for drinking around the ship

1 hour ago, Micro986 said:

I think removing the plastic bottles is a great move. I was shocked when we took ATVs around Aruba,  there were small beaches  covered in plastic. It was shocking to see. 

5813A6B2-6040-40A1-965E-2A4A6FDF2415.jpeg

IMO, that looks far more like locals just dumping trash than the occasional tourist with their 500ml plastic bottle.

But, whatever you want to believe.  Hopefully someone can find at least one 500ml water bottle in that giant mess, to help bolster your case.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It doesn’t take much research or imagination to realize that the replacement of plastic bottles of water with Vero water is a smart move for Oceania, travellers and the environment.

Those in denial can always pop up to the gym and grab some plastic bottles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Robjame said:

It doesn’t take much research or imagination to realize that the replacement of plastic bottles of water with Vero water is a smart move for Oceania, travellers and the environment.

Those in denial can always pop up to the gym and grab some plastic bottles.

It's obviously working if they are making people feel like it's a positive move by them. Every little bit helps, but.................

Off topic a bit

Here  they are limiting /banning single use  plastics  

Many take away places  have reverted to cardboard containers

paper bags  (like before plastic bags were popular )  dating myself here LOL

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/managing-reducing-waste/reduce-plastic-waste/single-use-plastic-technical-guidance.html

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

the metal bottles are ok but the glass Vero bottles, when full, are a few pounds.

I do not think the glass bottles were meant to  be carried around  they are just for the cabin use

Someone will correct me if wrong

• Like 3