Is Club Class worth it ?

Shippy

Another benefit of Club Class dining is that with faster service (if you want it) you can get out and enjoy your evening sooner.

Several times we've told our waiter we were trying to make a certain showtime at the theater and he helped us by keeping the courses moving. Nice bonus.

Jim

On 10/10/2022 at 9:36 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

Did you ever hit any rough waters, especially going across The Ditch to/from New Zealand, if you cruised to there as well? If so, how was the ride up in front?

Haven't been to New Zealand yet.  Several trips up front through the Caribbean, with a few storms with swells, had some rocking, but sleep like a baby.  It makes you feel like you are on a ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skents said:

Haven't been to New Zealand yet.  Several trips up front through the Caribbean, with a few storms with swells, had some rocking, but sleep like a baby.  It makes you feel like you are on a ship.

We like the Bay of Biscay ! So rough that you can't have a shower!

13 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

An Iberian cruise is one of those that we will definitely look forward to booking. Nothing like a few 5-7 meter waves to make things exciting! 😂

An Iberian cruise does not necessarily mean a BoB transit.

32 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Do you think a potential cruise that includes a stop in or near the Bordeaux, France region as well as at Bilbo, Portugal would also get us a ride through the Bay of Biscay? 

Depends where your departure port is. If from Southampton,  yes, definitely.  

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Depends where your departure port is. If from Southampton,  yes, definitely.  

Cool! Southampton is definitely the embarkation port we were planning on. 

OK, sorry for throwing a squirrel into the thread. Back to determining if Club Class is worth it, which in our minds, it is. 😁

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Cool! Southampton is definitely the embarkation port we were planning on.

In that case you will definitely have the opportunity to enjoy the delights of the BoB !

Having said that,  we have only had one rough passage in numerous transits, but that was extreme.  Force 10 winds, and literally being thrown in the air when lying in bed !

• Like 2

our first club class cruise was on the Regal last spring....we enjoyed the consistent  and painless immediate seating., and great service...so much that we booked club class on the regal transatlantic this November.

recently we booked two more princess cruises...being fiscally prudent and savvy... I suggested perhaps just book  a regular mini suite, and not club class...truth be known? ... I absolutely insisted we just book a regular mini suite. 

Upon further review and consideration...

my wife of 42 years explained to me if I wanted to make it to 43 years.... I should reconsider my position on  declining  and  deferring on a club class room....

happy wife ...happy life!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, fpsphil said:

Is club class worth it for a m6 mini suite? Yes.

worth hundreds extra for a standard mini suite? No

+1

I have about a dozen cruises booked on Princess.  Only 1 CC mini, an M6 in April 2024. 

• Like 1

We have never waited for a table in CC.  We have always had either one of two extra choices at dinner.  The additional item (2) could be ordered as a small appetizer or as a regular dinner size.  I can understand why some people would not want to spend the extra money, but I generally hate the MDR experience on Princess.  (Too much of a Zoo at times).  Personally I would most likely not cruise with Princess without the CC.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jagoffee said:

but I generally hate the MDR experience on Princess.  (Too much of a Zoo at times).  Personally I would most likely not cruise with Princess without the CC.

My first post-pause cruise was a zoo and a half in the MDR.  Lost reservations, long lines to be seated, understandably frustrated serving staff.  The next cruise is my first with CC, and if I can convince DH it is worth it, the next (and final) Princess cruise will be CC, too.  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Martin17 said:

I'm in an accessible concierge class cabin this summer  Is there anyway I can pay to upgrade to Club Class.  There are no Club Class accessible cabins.  I have a feeling the answer is no.

I have never heard of concierge class on Princess. Regardless only full suites or club class mini suites can use club class dining. You cannot pay to get it. 

Loved Club Class on the Majestic. Having the dining section was so convenient, never had to worry about getting a table, had the same servers the entire trip. Really liked the larger stateroom with the sofa area and the bathtub! At disembarkation we were in a separate room to wait for our debarkation time. Nice touch! We chose not to receive the canapés each day. 
Going forward, plan to book only club class!

• Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 12:55 PM, Sea Hag said:

Eclipse cruise?

Yep, that's it.  Really looking forward to that cruise, several friends and family joining us for the big event. 

DW and I are on the roll call.

12 hours ago, symui said:

Yep, that's it.  Really looking forward to that cruise, several friends and family joining us for the big event. 

DW and I are on the roll call.

Nice! I'm on that roll call too, but I don't always recognize somebody else as being on it.