For those of you who've just cruised: Just curious during the "health check" upon boarding....

Sheltielover73

They have not taken temperatures since the restart.  Our first cruise since the restart was August 2021 and we have done a number since and never had our temperature taken.  There used to be a questionnaire with a lot of health questions that opened in the app around 1:00 the day before boarding, you did that in the app and then at the ship they asked you if there were any changes.  For our cruise on September 3 on the Infinity all the paper work suggested that still existed but there was no longer a place for it in check in in the app, we didn't get asked to do it and we didn't get asked anything at boarding.  The questions in the App are now if you have your first two COVID vaccines, if you have your COVID booster and if you will be X months pregnant before the cruise.  On the September 3 sailing (before the testing changes), they scanned our express pass, scanned our passport, look at our vaccine confirmation and looked at our test result and we were walking onboard. 

We are cruising on October 24 and all of the notices we get still suggest the health questionnaire will open in the app before boarding, but the space for it still isn't there, so I think that is just a left over that they haven't fixed in the emails they are sending out. 

12 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

They have not taken temperatures since the restart.  Our first cruise since the restart was August 2021 and we have done a number since and never had our temperature taken.  There used to be a questionnaire with a lot of health questions that opened in the app around 1:00 the day before boarding, you did that in the app and then at the ship they asked you if there were any changes.  For our cruise on September 3 on the Infinity all the paper work suggested that still existed but there was no longer a place for it in check in in the app, we didn't get asked to do it and we didn't get asked anything at boarding.  The questions in the App are now if you have your first two COVID vaccines, if you have your COVID booster and if you will be X months pregnant before the cruise.  On the September 3 sailing (before the testing changes), they scanned our express pass, scanned our passport, look at our vaccine confirmation and looked at our test result and we were walking onboard. 

We are cruising on October 24 and all of the notices we get still suggest the health questionnaire will open in the app before boarding, but the space for it still isn't there, so I think that is just a left over that they haven't fixed in the emails they are sending out. 

good to know. im out of miami on Summit Oct 27 so was just curious. 

Last Dec on APEX they did a temp check. 

No temperatures taken and the health check are the same questions you fill out in the App.   For some reason they still go down the list and fill in again (at least for us on all of our recent cruises and B2B's).

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No temperatures taken and the health check are the same questions you fill out in the App.   For some reason they still go down the list and fill in again (at least for us on all of our recent cruises and B2B's).

good to know! thanks Jim! And good point on the back to back as well-- I'm on a back to back the end of this month. Did they end up testing you between the cruises? I know thats at Celebrity's discretion based on how many positive cases on the ship

3 hours ago, Sheltielover73 said:

good to know! thanks Jim! And good point on the back to back as well-- I'm on a back to back the end of this month. Did they end up testing you between the cruises? I know thats at Celebrity's discretion based on how many positive cases on the ship

We were tested and both B2B's on our B3B.    Initially they didn't plan on testing but near the end of each cruise we went above the 3% rate and had to be tested.   On our last one at 9:00 AM they told us we would not be tested and then 3 hours later there was an appointment time on our door.   I believe going forward it will be dependent on how many cases of Covid pop up.    All of the cruises were over 11 days so more chance people will test positive while still on the ship. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

We were tested and both B2B's on our B3B.    Initially they didn't plan on testing but near the end of each cruise we went above the 3% rate and had to be tested.   On our last one at 9:00 AM they told us we would not be tested and then 3 hours later there was an appointment time on our door.   I believe going forward it will be dependent on how many cases of Covid pop up.    All of the cruises were over 11 days so more chance people will test positive while still on the ship. 

this makes me so nervous! but just going to go and enjoy and hope for our entire 14 days of heaven!  Thanks Jim! 

There were no temperatures taken during the 2022 Alaska season.  There were a list of Wellness questions during most of the season, but in early September the questions asked for both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean were down to only (3) three:

Will you be 26 weeks or more pregnant at any point of this cruise? 

Are you fully vaccinated?  

Have you received a booster shot?  For the booster question there was no wrong answer - it was almost like a survey question.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on 8 cruises since resumption of cruising.   Never had my temperate taken.

Health check was you were suppose to answer the questions in the app but one every cruise they asked me the same questions at checkin.    They were the normal -  Have you had any flu or cold symptoms withing the past 5 days, Are you pregnant etc. etc.

Interesting that on my December Solstice Cruise - Check in started yesterday.   The Health Check was open to be filled out and only had 3 questions.

1.   Have you been Vaccinated

2.   Have you had a Covid Vaccination

3.   Are you Pregnant

Our cruise is only 8 days long and from a U.S. Port so no testing or vaccination required.     There was no requirement to upload Vaccination Record or Tests.

• Thanks 1

A word to the wise: double and triple check your answers to the health questions before hitting Submit. You cannot go back and change answers after submitting. 

For example, if you are a 58 year-old biological male, and you accidentally click Yes on the Over 27 Weeks Pregnant question, it will become quite a hassle to get it fixed, and you will be heartily laughed at (with) each and every step of the way.

Not that we have any personal experience with this particular error or anything.

• Haha 5