Will be on Allure for the first time in Feb. Owners Suite Pros and Cons?

Con:  Doorbell.   

Too many "darling snowflakes" running wild all night long down the hallways thinking it was just soooo funny to ring your doorbell in the middle of the night.  😠

We ended up having ours disconnected.  

Pros:  Love the "extra toilet".  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, poocher said:

OMG the OS on Harmony spoiled the you know what out of us.  How do I get hubby back in a regular suite now??  And we had ZERO doorbell rings, not even one.

While I enjoyed our owners suite, we are really happy with grand suite, plenty of room for two and same perks. But wouldn’t go back to anything less than a grand suite.

Thanks for the responses. We've stayed in Owners, Grands, a Junior once and the Royal Suite once. Looking forward to an Owners on Oasis class. As far as "officer visibility", have there been Captains receptions, Officer meet and greet, etc? We got off Celebrity Infinity on Sat (Oct 😎 ) and had a number of interactions with the Captain and his Officers, particularly in Michael's Club (Suite Lounge equivalent). I know its personal preference, but any particular recommendations for food venues? Choices seem very nice.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

There are worse ports to sail out of if you want the check-in/boarding suite perks

I was thinking more about the hassles of getting there, plus the limited ports 

As far as Terminal, Galveston should have a very suite friendly operation when it opens next month. At least that's my guess

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Owners suite is really nice , big plus for us is separate tub and shower , dining table , huge balcony, standard suite perks , CK, concierge, happy hour with unlimited drinks normally 5 to 8. Priority disembarkation. 

I and especially Bucky...dislike the separate shower.  We think it is too small.  The tub on the side...wasted space IMHO.  Would rather have a larger walk in shower.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I and especially Bucky...dislike the separate shower.  We think it is too small.  The tub on the side...wasted space IMHO.  Would rather have a larger walk in shower.  

Agree could be larger but I am 6’4” and over 250 lbs and it’s ok for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George C said:

Agree could be larger but I am 6’4” and over 250 lbs and it’s ok for me.

OMG...I have to deal with "Scotty Beam me up" canister shower on the WC...with shower curtain.  Yuck!!   Yup, would rather have that tiny OS shower indeed.  😉 

• Haha 1

About the only “con” we noticed is that it is not on deck 17, as compared to a Crown Loft. 

We never used the tub ( or the bidet) and would rather that space be dedicated to a larger shower— think Oasis/Allure Crown Loft. 

We would do it again in a heartbeat, depending on price differential to a CL. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

About the only “con” we noticed is that it is not on deck 17, as compared to a Crown Loft. 

We never used the tub ( or the bidet) and would rather that space be dedicated to a larger shower— think Oasis/Allure Crown Loft. 

We would do it again in a heartbeat, depending on price differential to a CL. 

mac_tlc

But with OS I don’t need to deal with stairs .