Princess Laundry Options

jennaja

3 hours ago, pompeii said:

I'm looking to order some laundry sheets for our upcoming TA so thanks for the recommendation.  There are so many available on Amazon I'm trying to narrrow down the options and I think I'm overthinking it, lol.  I'd like to buy them locally but I can't find anywhere that actually stocks them. 

Anyway, do you use one or two sheets for a regular load?  

I get these from Amazon and use them exclusively at home. I have sensitive skin, and these are no problem. They come in a cardboard sleeve. They're in twos, so I tear them apart and use one of the halves for each load. AmazonSmile: Tru Earth Eco-friendly, Biodegradable, Zero Waste, Cruelty-Free Laundry Detergent Sheets/Eco-Strips for Sensitive Skin, 32 Count (Up to 64 Loads), Fresh Linen Scent : Health & Household

• Thanks 2

Why does almost everything contain a "fragrance"?  To me they all stink. When people in the neighborhood use dryer sheets I can't stand being outside as the stupid "fragrance" pollutes the entire area. I don't want my clothes to have whatever odor the stupid detergent or dryer sheets impart.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

In 20 or so cruises as Elite, have never had that happen. Stopped using the laundry room as soon as we hit Elite.

I also stopped using the free laundry service despite being elite many times over. Faded clothing, torn underwear...it just wasn't worth it!

On 10/11/2022 at 5:18 PM, SuiteTraveler said:

Running 1 load of wash on our recent Enchanted Princess Cruise was $7.50 to get the tokens and detergent.  There didn't seem to be a way to just get the tokens if I had brought my own detergent either.  However, I only needed to do one load, so no big deal.

I have no idea what you are talking about. You buy your tokens and then use them in the washer or dryer and different tokens for the laundry products. I always take my own laundry products and have sailed twice recently on Enchanted, doing wash each time and ni issues just buying tokens for the washer/dryer. 

16 hours ago, CHK said:

I also stopped using the free laundry service despite being elite many times over. Faded clothing, torn underwear...it just wasn't worth it!

I wish Princess would provide free laundry tokens for Elites.in addition to the free laundry service. I'm sure it would cut down on amount of send out elite requests and give elites the opportunity to do their own for free if they want. Think it would be a wim-win for Princess. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, cjpj said:

I wish Princess would provide free laundry tokens for Elites.in addition to the free laundry service. I'm sure it would cut down on amount of send out elite requests and give elites the opportunity to do their own for free if they want. Think it would be a wim-win for Princess. 

I would be happy to just get free tokens for the self  laundry and give up the Elite laundry.  Would be nice to have the option to choose  so that would give everyone the type of laundry service they prefer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cjpj said:

You might find  that these would be sold on at a discount to other passengers.

Regards John

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, john watson said:

Regards John

They they can give you X tokens per week or something. I can't see someone going to the laundry room to buy tokens, the stand around in the room and try to sell them or give them away to make 10 bucks. You could say the same thing about ordering drinks or coffee for others or putting your friends laundry in your elite bag. There will always be people who game the system.

7 minutes ago, cjpj said:

They they can give you X tokens per week or something. I can't see someone going to the laundry room to buy tokens, the stand around in the room and try to sell them or give them away to make 10 bucks. You could say the same thing about ordering drinks or coffee for others or putting your friends laundry in your elite bag. There will always be people who game the system.

So true and it usually will have a negative impact on the benefit 

2 hours ago, john watson said:

Princess could prevent this by giving OBC with a bonus ($3 token worth $3.25 or $3.50 if turned in & using the free laundry).

Sell it to another cruiser at a discount ($3 token and get $2) or turn it in for extra OBC.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 1:13 PM, CHK said:
On 10/15/2022 at 7:16 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

In 20 or so cruises as Elite, have never had that happen. Stopped using the laundry room as soon as we hit Elite.

I once had socks fade. I was comped $10 after I showed the onboard accountant what they would cost new ($7 + tax + inconvenience). They were really old

42 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I once had socks fade. I was comped $10 after I showed the onboard accountant what they would cost new ($7 + tax + inconvenience). They were really old

That's why I just send DH socks and hankies.  All are white so figure that their hot water will keep everything either whiter or bleached/faded out.  

35 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

That's why I just send DH socks and hankies.  All are white so figure that their hot water will keep everything either whiter or bleached/faded out.  

Except I profited. Not a lot. Socks still usable but wearing out due to age. No he didn't want them. That was the only issue I ever had. Hate laundry at home. Really hate it onboard

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Except I profited. Not a lot. Socks still usable but wearing out due to age. No he didn't want them. That was the only issue I ever had. Hate laundry at home. Really hate it onboard

Have a lot of tee shirts with pin holes in them but learned how to mend them.  Took some to Customer Service once  and they had the seamstress or someone on board do some mending for me.  Was mad one time and took DH undies down to show them the holes - did not leave to be mended though they did offer.  I hate laundry too but refuse to wear my outdoor work clothes on board which is the only clothing (besides the sock/hankies) that I would put through the ship's laundry.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

Does anyone know if the self-serve laundry room is open on embarkation day, maybe in the evening after sailaway?  We're spending a week pre-cruise in Rome and are going to be in need of some clean clothes.  

I've use the laundry many times on the first day of the 2nd segment of a B2B.  Mostly, used during the early hours before walking off the ship.

• Thanks 1

Our January cruise will be the first one where we are Elite, and I was really excited about the free laundry. And then all the negative comments! Anyway, we will give it a shot and see how it goes.

Also, another option for the self-service laundromat is WashEZE 3-in-1 sheets, which include detergent, softener, and dryer sheets in one. We've been using them for years and would never use anything else. Both scented and unscented available. Also available on Amazon.

WashEZE Laundry Detergent Sheets 3 in 1 soap sheet

On 10/16/2022 at 6:03 AM, cjpj said:

On 10/16/2022 at 8:30 AM, cjpj said:

What a novel and practical solution to the long Elite wait times for free laundry service.  Thanks..  

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2022 at 8:05 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

What a novel and practical solution to the long Elite wait times for free laundry service.  Thanks..  

If  only Princess would do it. Wanted to add to my last cruise survey, but never received one. I eventually found it in my junk mail, but it had expired. Maybe Princess reads the board.

50 minutes ago, cjpj said:

If  only Princess would do it. Wanted to add to my last cruise survey, but never received one. I eventually found it in my junk mail, but it had expired. Maybe Princess reads the board.

I suggested this on-board to the customer service desk and on my post cruise survey for a 2019 cruise to Greenland that had so many elites that the turn around time was 4 or more days.  They said "great idea" but didn't hand over any tokens, lol.  

On 10/19/2022 at 1:05 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

If any Elite passenger wishes to get around the long wait times for the free laundry service they can simply request the Express Laundry Service.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Haha 2