Help! Selected wrong pregnancy status for 10 year old daughter

kimmy_bos

Hi there

I have just made a huge huge error. I accidentally ticked the box to say my 10 year old daughter was more than 24 weeks pregnant in the app. It is now saying she is denied boarding. She is not pregnant will this be able to be resolved by telephone if I call when the lines open tomorrow - I feel such an idiot I just didn’t read properly.

Thanks 

kim 

9 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It not via the phone, they will take care of it at the port. Don't stress.

How will they take care of it if she is denied boarding? Would they allow the parent to book the cruise for her since she can't board?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

How will they take care of it if she is denied boarding? Would they allow the parent to book the cruise for her since she can't board?

I’m hoping I can sort by phone tomorrow. They open at 8.30 uk time. If anyone has no any experience of ticking the wrong box previously would really appreciate any support you can give. 

15 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

When they show up at the port and say I answered a health question wrong, obviously my 10 year old daughter is not pregnant, they will fix it.

• Like 2

They will certainly sort it on the phone or at the port. We messed something up regarding covid vaccines/paperwork on the App in May on Anthem and were technically denied boarding but  this was quickly sorted at the port.

I wouldn't be concerned about this, its an obvious mistake that will be rectified.

Edited by Tin can
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, kimmy_bos said:

Hi there

I have just made a huge huge error. I accidentally ticked the box to say my 10 year old daughter was more than 24 weeks pregnant in the app. It is now saying she is denied boarding. She is not pregnant will this be able to be resolved by telephone if I call when the lines open tomorrow - I feel such an idiot I just didn’t read properly.

Thanks 

kim 

Don't even bother calling.  They won't be able to help you and the port will be able to board her without a problem.  Yes, I know it's frustrating and stressful - we had the same issue when a male was checked as being pregnant and after 2 hours calling them that's what they told me.  You can still get to the setsail passes if you print them off from a computer or you check in a different place in the app (I forget exactly where)  Don't stress, I promise even though it looks scary.

• Like 2

Lots of people on my last sailing made this mistake. Quite easy to make it actually, since the "correct" answer to this question is the opposite of the other two...

As said, it is easily fixed during check in at the port. Didn't hear about anyone's planner purchases being cancelled because of that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Is there a possibility that Royal would cancel any cruise planner purchases with the current "denied" boarding status?

I didn’t have anything booked for Emilie (daughter) so that is not a concern to me. I have just been onto

the cruise planner and I can still add things for Emilie which is reassuring.

I wouldn't worry about it either. During this past 2023 Alaska season, if there were any mistakes with any those 3 questions & answers (vaccination y/n; more that 26 weeks pregnant y/n; or have you been boosted y/n), the check-in agents behind the counter would add the passenger's name, stateroom # and which question and correct answer.  This list was then sent to the ship. 

I know I had one passenger who was a 3 yr old boy whose parent checked the 26 week pregnant box.  Same with some international male travelers who also checked the box indicating that they were 26 week or more pregnant.

Don't worry, it can be handled at check-in.

• Like 1

I think that the worst thing that could happen is that when the agent with the tablet tries to embark the  child,  a message will pop up on the agent's tablet saying "Send to Counter", where an agent with a laptop will have to deal with it.  It happens all the time.  Nothing to be worried about.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

When they show up at the port and say I answered a health question wrong, obviously my 10 year old daughter is not pregnant, they will fix it.

What if they cancel the booking because she doesn’t qualify to board? That would be my concern. Better fix it now than just show up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

What if they cancel the booking because she doesn’t qualify to board? That would be my concern. Better fix it now than just show up.

Why would they cancel the booking when clearly there are other people on the same booking...makes no sense. It is just a simple matter of a clerical error that will be resolved at the port during embarkation.

3 hours ago, kimmy_bos said:

Spoke to royal Caribbean they have detailed can be easily fixed at port - no need to be concerned. They have said it can be fixed and boarding will not be denied. Phew! 

Great news, I thought that would be the case. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rolloman said:

Why would they cancel the booking when clearly there are other people on the same booking...makes no sense. It is just a simple matter of a clerical error that will be resolved at the port during embarkation.

Makes no sense that a simple phone call can't fix it either. Plenty of things with RCI"s IT make no sense.

• Like 7

When I do the health assessments forms for my husband and myself, I always carefully check with him to determine if he is pregnant before checking no....

Reminds me of the informed consent questionnaire I needed to fill out before undergoing breast reconstruction with implants after bilateral mastectomies - I had to acknowledge that the implants may interfere with breast feeding.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, kimmy_bos said:

Hi there

I have just made a huge huge error. I accidentally ticked the box to say my 10 year old daughter was more than 24 weeks pregnant in the app. It is now saying she is denied boarding.

I have always wanted to check that box, but I don't.  On a recent cruise I was chit chatting at check in and mentioned that.  I was told that if you do, by mistake, they have to take you to a supervisor and it can get resolved.  My take on this was that being a smartass would cost me some time.  You should be fine at the port.  You're not the only one who has made this mistake.

Enjoy your cruise

• Like 1