Sea Dog is Live with Life on Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness in the MDR. 10-16.

Sea Dog

Back to reality, Greg , I hope you are not driving back to KC in one day . 

My husband scheduled his second knee replacement for late Nov which is six months after first knee replacement. He had a much easier time than you and his knee is clicking when he walks .  He’s not saying if he is in any pain .  

• Like 5

@sushitex- Sorry that you experienced what my husband experienced. At least you were home in your bathroom. We were on a plane taxiing to the runway !

We are supposed to be flying Southwest again on Sunday morning.

You can bet,he will be drinking a LOT of water,eating a good breakfast and trying to relax without an additional dose of anxiety medication!

Although,today he is fussing about catching Covid on the flight despite being vaxxed to the max and wearing a mask until we reach our destination. All this fussing is taking away from the pleasure of getting away and seeing different scenery.

I may just have to take one of his calm down pills myself !!!

Hoping for a pleasant vacation- 🙄

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Flow Rider Slo Mo test of the new iPhone 14 Pro Max. Thank you unknown rider @A&L_Ont was unavailable for the making of this video.

Original clip was 30 seconds but when uploaded turns out to be over 3 minutes long.

I'm certainly no expert but I will venture to say your two videos passed the test!

• Like 1

Sea Dog, thanks for posting about your Liberty experience. Hubby and I just stepped off the ship on October 16th - we have sailed on her probably for 13 or 14 cruises, but the October 9th cruise was poignant because it was likely our last cruise on her for who knows how long. As most of us know, she’s moving her home port to Ft. Lauderdale at the end of the month, and as Texans, we mostly sail from Galveston. Liberty was our first Royal Caribbean  ship - she opened our eyes to the fact that other cruise lines exist besides NCL and Carnival, lol. 

Edited by sushitex
  • Like 6

44 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@sushitex- Sorry that you experienced what my husband experienced. At least you were home in your bathroom. We were on a plane taxiing to the runway !

We are supposed to be flying Southwest again on Sunday morning.

You can bet,he will be drinking a LOT of water,eating a good breakfast and trying to relax without an additional dose of anxiety medication!

Although,today he is fussing about catching Covid on the flight despite being vaxxed to the max and wearing a mask until we reach our destination. All this fussing is taking away from the pleasure of getting away and seeing different scenery.

I may just have to take one of his calm down pills myself !!!

Hoping for a pleasant vacation- 🙄

MJ🙋🏻

Good luck and Bon Voyage! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sushitex said:

Indeed, water IS your friend. My story goes like this:

Thanks for sharing your story. The ER doc says he sees this kind of thing all the time. I’m glad you are ok. I’ll be fine but it will take a little time.

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Back to reality, Greg , I hope you are not driving back to KC in one day . 

My husband scheduled his second knee replacement for late Nov which is six months after first knee replacement. He had a much easier time than you and his knee is clicking when he walks .  He’s not saying if he is in any pain .  

Linda will do most of driving going home. But I can drive with one arm.

Wow your husband is a real trooper. Jury is still out when or if I will do my other knee. My knee was hurting today.

59 minutes ago, sushitex said:

Sea Dog, thanks for posting about your Liberty experience. Hubby and I just stepped off the ship on October 16th - we have sailed on her probably for 13 or 14 cruises, but the October 9th cruise was poignant because it was likely our last cruise on her for who knows how long. As most of us know, she’s moving her home port to Ft. Lauderdale at the end of the month, and as Texans, we mostly sail from Galveston. Liberty was our first Royal Caribbean  ship - she opened our eyes to the fact that other cruise lines exist besides NCL and Carnival, lol. 

I was so happy to sail on Liberty for one of her last sailings out of Galveston. She may be dated but she was clean and we experienced no problems. I would like to sail on her again.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm certainly no expert but I will venture to say your two videos passed the test!

Thanks I’ve been pleased so far. I need to do some more playing around. Sure is nice to take good pictures with something small that fits nicely in your pocket.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2022 at 5:17 PM, DaKahuna said:

You should bring a bottle of Widow Jane to the next meeting. 
While the oak barrels are from the south, the product itself is from N Y.

On 10/18/2022 at 6:45 PM, Sea Dog said:

I’m a big fan of Widow Jane.

I don't even like bourbon and I'm a big fan of Widow Jane. 

I shouldn't say I don't like bourbon, but I don't drink it often. A bottle of the Widow will last years in my house.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:45 PM, HBE4 said:

I'm determined to keep up with this live review & not fall weeks behind. Like I usually do. 😃

Ok, so maybe I didn't quite keep up to date as just finished reading up from last Tuesday. But I am up-to-date and determined to stay that way.

More importantly, after reading a few comments, I think I'm going to join the Kraken Klub. I'll still need to buy some but I already wrote down @Ocean Boy recipe.  Just have to google what a rock glass is. 😄

• Like 4

It’s Lobster Night!!

Always a crowd favorite Lobster tail night is something I always look forward to. Pre dinner cocktail always a Old Fashioned.

13A285B7-AA7D-4829-9B9C-904064A53C7A.thumb.jpeg.e45126fff4f77ed1e9b012ac7749cc6d.jpeg

Assistant Waiter Dwayne knows me and our reservation time. After I sit down within a couple of minutes a Old Fashioned is brought to me. 

98D0BA41-EA94-4CD7-B4A0-6CE26769B2BD.thumb.jpeg.2370bf64209b6c91d818ec16d827e3d4.jpeg

Escargot again. I never tire. I also got a shrimp cocktail. No pic you know what it looks like.

DD3DBC4F-F4A5-4883-9FDF-2CC74B5D7F7C.thumb.jpeg.dd12fff391b562b3e2903810fae68377.jpeg

Tonight with the Lobster tail we went with the up-charge on a Chops filet. It’s not there big 9oz but it looked bigger than the petite 6oz. It’s a $16.95 up charge and comes with baked potato and veggies. Sorry for bad focus didn’t get the focus scare pushed.

D6186B08-D64D-488F-BD41-196A1F3101A7.thumb.jpeg.f085ba5abc462a25cc902e8a9dd93789.jpeg

One Lobster Tail.

FC429434-BF2B-4E31-A312-0A7BD35F7FA4.thumb.jpeg.3ad45ac2b0382779d744b7224740abf9.jpeg

Two Lobster Tail.

And not pictured Three Lobster Tail and Four Lobster Tail. Yes I was a pig. I normally don’t eat that much but in a effort to give you an accurate reporting. Yes!  you can have as many tails as you want. I’ve heard of people eating 6-8 tails no problem.

E108D179-24B5-47F7-BB21-59E526411559.thumb.jpeg.08767b7822b73b38f636bf3fe96666fa.jpeg

And for dessert Warm Chocolate Moulten Cake with ice cream. It was like eating at Chops without the Chops price.

This was our last dinner in the MDR. We will eat at Sabor on our final night.

So final thoughts on the MDR. Remember I am not a food critic. Food taste is subjective. What I may like someone else may not. I thought every meal was very good. The only dish I did not care for was the Chicken Parmesan. Food was hot, well seasoned and served in a timely manor. The service from waiter Eka and assistant waiter Dwayne was outstanding. I hope I tipped them well. The ability to have the same waitstaff helps build not only a relationship but a friendship. We truly left the week feeling like we made new friends. We all agreed that we hope to see one another again. All the dinners were about an hour and a half from time we sat down to leaving. You don’t have to worry about leaving hungry. You can order as much as you want. Gluttony is encouraged here. You are paying for it so why not have it all. 

So last Month we had the UDP.  How does it compare? It doesn’t, two different animals. The specialty restaurants serve a particular style of food where it may be Italian or Japanese. The MDR tries it hand at everything for the most part. Will I still go to specialty restaurants? Yes when I want that type of food. But if you want a good meal and you don’t want to pay extra the MDR or just eating in the windjammer may be your best option. In a future review I’ll do one on just the WJ. But until then, I was extremely happy with the food. The Main Dining Room has something for everyone. Come hungry and leave full. After all isn’t that what a restaurant should do?

Ok what to do about a food coma?

Cocktails?????

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Ok, so maybe I didn't quite keep up to date as just finished reading up from last Tuesday. But I am up-to-date and determined to stay that way.

More importantly, after reading a few comments, I think I'm going to join the Kraken Klub. I'll still need to buy some but I already wrote down @Ocean Boy recipe.  Just have to google what a rock glass is. 😄

Genuine RCI rock glass 😉 freshly emptied.🙂

20221021_224619.thumb.jpg.5fbeea7b73b18f91c03c277a588d0549.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Genuine RCI rock glass 😉 freshly emptied.🙂

20221021_224619.thumb.jpg.5fbeea7b73b18f91c03c277a588d0549.jpg

I am doing a medical procedure for last month , good thing is no restrictions on liquor other than don’t drink anything sweet which I normally do anyhow, but it ends next week and I will have my first kraken then 😁😁

• Like 3

38BE0E88-08C8-45ED-97E8-A3BCE096D376.thumb.jpeg.331d29b04eed5f18aff34baf9b857ab8.jpeg

I wish all of you were here to be on our aft balcony. The stars look amazing. It’s a bright clear sky. I’m trying to capture it on the Go Pro with a 30 second shutter. It still doesn’t capture the beauty that I see. When you look up and see millions of stars it’s breathtaking. I feel so small yet so alive.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 22