Beyond

IZZYDAD

1 hour ago, Texed said:

Jelayne,

We hope you have a wonderful crossing. We were on Beyond for the September 24th cruise.  We could tell there was a staff shortage. But, we had a wonderful cruise. 😎

Thanks! We are having fun.

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Can you elaborate on this? I don't remember reading any accounts where there's mention of damage to the ship? 

No damage to ship. 

Now however with rough seas and unexpected lurches of the ship there will be a reduction in the inventory of plates, cups and glasses.  Just left lunch, a sudden lurch and bins with dishes in the clean up areas slid  off the counter as well as plates and glasses sliding on the tables, most were able to catch their plates but a few hit the floor.

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Can you elaborate on this? I don't remember reading any accounts where there's mention of damage to the ship? 

"I don't want to put a damper on our cruise, but I have been reading up on information about the TA of the Beyond. Evidently they hit some rough seas and from what I read there was a lot of damage on the ship . One of the Martini Hot tubs glass shattered, the Elephant are work poolslid toppled over, and a ceiling in the retreat area came down along with other damage that was not revealed.  Now i don't know this first hand but I read it on the FB Beyond on Oct 26th cruise page.   Im hoping that it's not as bad as some were talking about. Also they had many quarrentined in their rooms. No one said it was Covid or due to the rough seas. They said many were scared on the ship through the rough seas."

Edited by mfs2k
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

Captain Demetrius 

CD Luigi

Kate & Bug on board but not working, probably on for the press and events surrounding the arrival.

Haven't tried the spa. 
There will be crew leaving in both Cape Liberty and Port Everglades as many have been on since March.  

Thanks for your reply..  your feedback is always helpful.

I forgot they would stop at Cape Liberty before Port Ev,..

Our cruise  will just be a taste of Beyond..but fit our dates and desire for a shorter cruise..no tests, etc,

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

"I don't want to put a damper on our cruise, but I have been reading up on information about the TA of the Beyond. Evidently they hit some rough seas and from what I read there was a lot of damage on the ship . One of the Martini Hot tubs glass shattered, the Elephant are work poolslid toppled over, and a ceiling in the retreat area came down along with other damage that was not revealed.  Now i don't know this first hand but I read it on the FB Beyond on Oct 26th cruise page.   Im hoping that it's not as bad as some were talking about. Also they had many quarrentined in their rooms. No one said it was Covid or due to the rough seas. They said many were scared on the ship through the rough seas."

We'll be on her soon..Hopefully in calmer seas!

Long ago we were on Mercury,.( our fav ship) 

Ship.hit a freak storm on way  back up to Florida during he night. The ship listed so badly that  we fell out of bed,  We put on our life jackets but they were  not needed,  Ship was a total mess in the  morning,  Flooded on several decks,  auto doors not working...wide open.   Many dishes  etc were broken as they fell. Staff worked all night to clean and tidy whatever they could.,,

We sloshed our way off  at debarkation  and felt bad for staff & those coming aboard...

Sailed on her afterwards,.all fixed!

• Like 1

The reports of damage are not accurate.  The Martini shaped Hot Tub did not shatter, 1 panel of the glass surround broke.  The Elephant did not topple and is standing just as it was.  The Retreat Sun Deck has been closed all day, as have all other outside decks.  We have spoken to a few Retreat Staff who have heard nothing about any roof collapsing.  With the winds we have had it wouldn’t surprise me if some of the wind screens around the outdoor bar were blown down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The reports of damage are not accurate.  The Martini shaped Hot Tub did not shatter, 1 panel of the glass surround broke.  The Elephant did not topple and is standing just as it was.  The Retreat Sun Deck has been closed all day, as have all other outside decks.  We have spoken to a few Retreat Staff who have heard nothing about any roof collapsing.  With the winds we have had it wouldn’t surprise me if some of the wind screens around the outdoor bar were blown down.

A voice of sanity. Hope you are enjoying the cruise despite the weather.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Thank you for providing an update.  You've earned my trust re: your ship reports, through your earlier posts. 

I did have images in my head of the elephant rolling off it's perch, into the sea..

Edited by mfs2k
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Thank you for a more accurate update. We've done over 20 TAs and TPs and can understand rough weather, especially those sailing from NYC on a Northerly route. Why people choose to embellish their reports is beyond(Pun unintended) me. Just report the facts!

• Like 4

Not sure which thread is still active so posting this again here...  quick question:  

on one of the board reviews it said " 'The Club' has live music as well, and also turns into a nightclub after midnight."   Can you confirm?   If you were up after midnight in the club. 

One of the downsides of Celebrity over the years is everything goes very 'sleepy' late night... or that the lounge music was a little old fashioned (you can only listen to jazz and violins so much).   There was no more DISCO like I remember on cruises in the 80's and 90's... or RCCL's infamous Crown Lounge. 

When I sailed on the Edge pre covid I thought that the ship was more understaffed than it should have been.

Most of this had to do with the E-class where they consolidated the intimate venues such as the martini bar into larger loud and shouty venues where you would wait a long time for a drink.  Not a fan.

Pre covid they did not have enough staff for their larger venues to give people the same experience as S class or even an RCL cruise.

Edited by NMTraveller

6 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

When they closed the outside decks because of rough weather was the Solarium pool still available?

No all pools where closed. The side to side motion was bad and the pool water was splashing all over the deck.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...