Celebrity just called us to try and downgrade our

LinnieRed

18 hours ago, zitsky said:

Is there history of any pax getting bumped down?  Involuntarily?

I don't know of any.  People have reported being moved due to setting aside quarantine cabins, but usually it was a different cabin or a move up, and certainly not a downgrade from a suite

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

You know precisely what I meant.

If you meant what you wrote, then you wouldn't have asked the question. AQ bookings come with AI perks is what the person you questioned clearly meant. Not butlers, luminae, etc. as you wrote.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 9:41 PM, Guppy99 said:

I doubt that this is an opportunity to negotiate.  Also, what exactly do you mean by suite benefits. You would still expect a butler? Meals in Luminae? stocked bar?

There is always room for negotiating.  You never take the first offer.  The worst someone can say is "no" but you don't know if you don't ask.  I never use the Butler so I can take or leave this.  Stocked bar is not a big deal either.  I can bring a drink back from any bar.  The only valuable things to me are eating in Luminae, priory boarding/disembarking, the suite OBC and suite lounge.  I forgot my sea pass card because it's my souvenir from my trip.  

15 hours ago, hcat said:

On E Class like EDGE, All AQ cabins have the Infinite Veranda..no balc and inclyde dining at BLU...bad location, no view..loud acoustics!

I would yell NO WAY!

I haven't tried the IV yet.  I have an upcoming Beyond sailing in one.  I think I am going to like it.  I don't spend much time on the balcony.  There are not enough sunrises/sunsets off the ocean to see and I like the extra light in the room but hardly open doors and go out.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2022 at 5:36 PM, LinnieRed said:

We have our first Celebrity cruise coming up in a week and are booked in the retreat. We had a phone call this morning where they wanted to downgrade us into the aqua class. They offered us $200 onboard credit +50% of our cruise fare back, but we declined. They didn’t mention anything about the perks of the retreat so I imagine we would’ve lost those.

I think this is super interesting that they oversold. Does this seem like a common occurrence? The rest of the ship looks almost empty based on the availability of cabins. 

Which ship?

27 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

There is always room for negotiating.  You never take the first offer.  The worst someone can say is "no" but you don't know if you don't ask.  I never use the Butler so I can take or leave this.  Stocked bar is not a big deal either.  I can bring a drink back from any bar.  The only valuable things to me are eating in Luminae, priory boarding/disembarking, the suite OBC and suite lounge.  I forgot my sea pass card because it's my souvenir from my trip.  

I haven't tried the IV yet.  I have an upcoming Beyond sailing in one.  I think I am going to like it.  I don't spend much time on the balcony.  There are not enough sunrises/sunsets off the ocean to see and I like the extra light in the room but hardly open doors and go out.  

Good advice.  The next time I book a cruise I’ll try to get more OBC.  I didn’t push hard last time because we were trying to replace a cancelled cruise and few Aqua class cabins were available.  I did get some from TA but nothing from Celebrity this time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Good advice.  The next time I book a cruise I’ll try to get more OBC.  I didn’t push hard last time because we were trying to replace a cancelled cruise and few Aqua class cabins were available.  I did get some from TA but nothing from Celebrity this time.

If I don't get obc I ask for wine and always get it and excellent wines to boot. Actually more than I can drink so bring a couple home. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

We were okay with the IV on EDGE...keepIng the bI-folds always open added more space and light to the small cabin... keeping the doors open made it easier for dh to get out of the bed next to the doors.  We turned the  veranda furniture inward to make a  seating area..  we did open the 1/2 window for fresh air and sea views.p and photos,,but in short spurts.  Trade off was being in AQ and having access to BLU and Thermal suites.  

On a later cruise we gave up AQ..did not miss BLU due to its location on EDGE

(No view) but did miss the thermal suite access.  Loved the large Sunset Veranda and outdoor balc and the 4 mdrs..( great views)

Variety and choices always good!  Having fun in a cruise..how bad can it be!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drakes2 said:

If I don't get obc I ask for wine and always get it and excellent wines to boot. Actually more than I can drink so bring a couple home. 

You’re probably in a suite though?  I’m in Aqua class.  

Last cruise when I asked for wine they told me I was cut off.  I only danced on the table that one time, promise!

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

Bad idea to encourage someone to go 'polestal', even in a supervisory role!

You have been added to the USPS ban list.  Ask me how I know.  Don’t cry when you don’t get your mail order catalogs anymore.

I don’t answer stamp questions from people on the ban list.  🥸

Edited by zitsky

On 10/21/2022 at 5:36 PM, LinnieRed said:

We have our first Celebrity cruise coming up in a week and are booked in the retreat. We had a phone call this morning where they wanted to downgrade us into the aqua class. They offered us $200 onboard credit +50% of our cruise fare back, but we declined. They didn’t mention anything about the perks of the retreat so I imagine we would’ve lost those.

I think this is super interesting that they oversold. Does this seem like a common occurrence? The rest of the ship looks almost empty based on the availability of cabins. 

Personally, unless the cruise was a special celebration, I would have countered by asking for 75%, access to Retreat areas & Luminae, plus the prem bev, wi-fi, & OBC. Worst case is they say no & thank you for your time.

Regardless, hope you have a very enjoyable first cruise on X.

41 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

The logistics once on board would be totally unmanageable and a nightmare imo.  

Everything should be able to be associated to their Seapass cards, so I don't see how it would be a "nightmare".

Since the OP is in a Sky Suite, even the butler service might be doable depending on which ship they're on and where the AQ cabin is relative to the sky suites. For example, on the Apex deck 10 there are AQ cabins right next to the sky suites.

2 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

AQUA. SKY SUITES ?

Is this a new class ?   I’m wondering if they have the suites benefits plus spa benefits like the Aqua class

I’m curious to know more about this Aqua Sky Suite 

It is newish. You can check out the website (https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/aqua-sky-suite) or this brochure. I suspect the website is more accurate but perhaps less detailed. My impression is that they do indeed have the suite benefits (similar to Sky Suites) and also spa benefits.

CEL_04_28_FlyerAquaClassSkysuiteBY.pdf