Charges on Final Folio

travellingnana

Has anyone ever gotten charges like this on their final invoice from Princess?

23-Oct Shareholder Benefit (non-refundable)  $8.54   and   23-Oct Referred to Corporate Finance  (with a much bigger amount after it)

If never gotten anything like this before.  I've emailed customer relations, but that will take a couple of weeks to get an answer and I'm curious now!

Thanks for your insight!

Referred to Corporate Finance means you have a credit coming back to you by mail.  It won’t say it’s from Princess so don’t toss it.

My husband doesn’t always use his non refundable credit so at the end of the cruise they deduct it from my balance owing since all our changes go on my card.

3 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Nobody said it was, the OP said only the larger amount was.

3 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Has anyone ever gotten charges like this on their final invoice from Princess?

23-Oct Shareholder Benefit (non-refundable)  $8.54   and   23-Oct Referred to Corporate Finance  (with a much bigger amount after it)

The first line specifically says non refundable. The second just says referred to corporate finance and is over $400 which is way too much for me to get back. And both are under charges, not credits.  

We just got off the Enchanted Princess (Oct.15-22) & went on with around $150 in non-refundable OBC (shareholder’s & TA).  We upgraded a few glasses of wine & cocktails, I figured I would use the rest in the Princess Logo shop…when I looked at the balance on Friday AM I had something like $600 coming back to me as refundable credit!

We had refundable port fees (missed two ports); refundable 10% shore excursion discount; refunded missed shore excursions, a partial refund on a shore excursion that had gotten off to a late start and they used the non-refundable OBC when we booked a shore excursion at the substitute port.  

The accountant in me had to work through their funky accounting on the back of an envelope but I arrived at the same number using my equally funky system.  I am looking forward to getting my nice fat check soon!

My guess is that their funky accounting can’t handle the math when there are non-refundable & refundable credits, thus you are being referred to the higher ups.  By the date on your bill looks like you might have been on the same cruise.  

p.s. I didn’t spend a dime in the Princess Logo Shop.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, travellingnana said:

The first line specifically says non refundable. The second just says referred to corporate finance and is over $400 which is way too much for me to get back. And both are under charges, not credits.  

The "referred to corporate finance" amount is the amount (in form of a check) that is going to be mailed back to you........hopefully it won't take more that 8 weeks to get to you. 

We just got off of our cruise and have over $300 coming to us......just in time for Christmas!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

What?   The shareholder credit is not refundable.   Thus why would it be refunded?

I never said the shareholder credit is refundable. I said that the OP had $8.54 that was nonrefundable. The OP failed to spend all of the nonrefundable OBC. The OP had some other credits that were refundable. The OP did not state what the source of those was. On my cruise in August, I had refundable OBC from a refund for port fees for missing Nuuk, from a refund for the shuttle bus from the airport to the port, and from a refund for the lousy internet. (The ship automatically gave everyone credit for 10 days of lousy internet out of 16 days.)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, travellingnana said:

They show the over $400 as a charge to zero it out...

• Like 1

Any idea what the following on my folio means:

Contra - Premier Beverage Package   60.88

I did have the premier package and it looks like another one of the many charges that are listed on my  folio but were included in the package (They went thru as charges and used all my OBC, refundable and non-refundable.

17 hours ago, travellingnana said:

If they send it to you...take it!!

Is it more than you thought was owed?

It's definitely not "way too much". We've gotten a lot more than $400 on occasion (we usually have very large OBC).

I meant  that they are sending you that amount, that they show as a charge, referred to corporate finance, to zero out the books . That is how they do the ledger entry to make it credit back to you.

13 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Yes they did!  I am owed $231.50. But why zero it out?  I’m guessing I’m  going to have to fight them for my $231. 

I have been through this several times on recent cruises and Princess has always sent me the amount that they have shown on the "referred to corporate finance" line of your folio.  

If you haven't received your $ in 6 to 8 weeks, then start your inquiries.........  

We had a combination of $360 refundable and non-refundable OBC on our cruise a few weeks ago.  When we checked our statements the last night it showed my wife owed $91 and I was $96 to the good.  I assumed they would merge the account balances (same CC) and maybe send me a $5 check.  But when we got home we noticed they had charged the CC for her $91.  I sent Princess a message asking about my $96 (not knowing if the refundable/non-refundable thing was in play) and pretty much put it out of my mind.  But today I received a check for $96.55.  We got off the ship on 10 October - so not bad, and obviously they do what I had been told - they use the non-refundable credit first and what's left they will refund.

6 minutes ago, emairs said:

FCC from three days in Covid isolation.

I don't think this FCC is refundable. We finished a cruise on Sep 30, refundable OBC arrived ~ Oct 22 and included a refund for pre-paid excursion, port fees etc. We were granted FCC for missed port compensation, to be used during the next year. So not a refund.

32 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I don't think this FCC is refundable. We finished a cruise on Sep 30, refundable OBC arrived ~ Oct 22 and included a refund for pre-paid excursion, port fees etc. We were granted FCC for missed port compensation, to be used during the next year. So not a refund.

We are not expecting a refund, but a FCC to our next cruise, which we have had booked for some time.