Infinity and revolutionized?

Larainerenee

4 minutes ago, Larainerenee said:

When will Infinity be "revolutionized"? We were recently on the Apex and loved the Retreat sun deck and lounge. Will Infinity be getting these with an update?

Even when it gets “revolutionized” don’t expect outdoor area will be anything like Apex , we did Edge then did summit which has been updated, no elevator to get there , no bar , no pool . Only reason to use it is if you want a lunch on port days when Luminae is closed. 

Not any time soon.    The Revolution is on hold until RCL revenues is restored.

Two other M-Class (Summit and Millennium) had the revolution and had the Sun Deck installed and re-done Retreat Lounge.    The M and S Class will never have the large lounge and sundeck like the E class.  

The footprint of Retreat remains the same but is a lighter brighter interior.  Unfortunately the Kelly design gives you uncomfortable seating and poorly designed elements like table so small you can't fit 2 tea cups on them.  Definitely many feel form over function.

The sun deck has lots of seating 90% in full sun, an outdoor bar  and a hot tub.   Nice but no where near the size of the E Class.

16 minutes ago, George C said:

Even when it gets “revolutionized” don’t expect outdoor area will be anything like Apex , we did Edge then did summit which has been updated, no elevator to get there , no bar , no pool . Only reason to use it is if you want a lunch on port days when Luminae is closed. 

We cruised on the Summit post revolution in 2019 and 2022 and there is an elevator(outside starboard) to get to the retreat deck and also there is an elevator (outside starboard) to get to the roof top terrace. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

We cruised on the Summit post revolution in 2019 and 2022 and there is an elevator(outside starboard) to get to the retreat deck and also there is an elevator (outside starboard) to get to the roof top terrace. 

Don’t know how we missed that but no big reason to use that retreat, will look again in March we have a music charter in a royal suite again. Looking forward to Beyond retreat next month. 

• Like 1

Pure speculation that perhaps once revolutionizing starts again, it could be much different than the previous ones since several years have passed and there was a pandemic.  What will change is anyone's guess but I could see a greater focus on the Retreat experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

However, for whatever reason this elevator is unavailable without help from staff.  When we were on the Summit in June, we had to get the Retreat Concierge (Penelope - delightful!) to operate it so that my mom could get to the Retreat deck.  It was such a pain to do this, that we rarely took advantage of this nice perk.

• Like 1

I hope the Infinity and Connie get upgraded sooner than later. We were on Millie Dec. and she was really nice. Yes the elevator was out but it made the sun area even nicer. We were the only ones using…lol. 

Millie and Summit seem fuller than Connie and Infinity so maybe that’s the clue to start thinking upgrade…

1 hour ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

I hope the Infinity and Connie get upgraded sooner than later. We were on Millie Dec. and she was really nice. Yes the elevator was out but it made the sun area even nicer. We were the only ones using…lol. 

Millie and Summit seem fuller than Connie and Infinity so maybe that’s the clue to start thinking upgrade…

I hope they don’t upgrade the ships to have a Retreat area 

E5239CE5-A25D-4527-9534-131953DCFD96.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Cool.   Yes. 

So true.  

Colors were really nice everywhere and wow the internet service was outstanding. I heard its not so good on the infinity. Regardless we love the Millie class ships 

Was on the Infinity in July, the Millie this past Feb and last month.  A lot of it has to do with the ship capacity but I would not call the Millie's internet service "outstanding".  I would rank the Millie a 4 out of 10 and the Infinity a 3 out of 10.  Eventually it will be a moot point with starlink.

image.jpeg.1a3c26af6e8311aef0bd0e46a351013a.jpeg

i'm on Infinity and solstice next year. 😞

at least with solstice, it was refurbed last year. hopefully wifi was improved at least?

infinity was last refurb in 2018 so it's due to dry dock in 2023. (every 5 years to pass inspection)

unfortunately, i'm sailing on her in feb 2023 (Antarctica) so 5yrs since last refurb, i'd expect her to be a little shabby. 😞

Edited by fstuff1

57 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

image.jpeg.1a3c26af6e8311aef0bd0e46a351013a.jpeg

i'm on Infinity and solstice next year. 😞

at least with solstice, it was refurbed last year. hopefully wifi was improved at least?

infinity was last refurb in 2018 so it's due to dry dock in 2023. (every 5 years to pass inspection)

unfortunately, i'm sailing on her in feb 2023 (Antarctica) so 5yrs since last refurb, i'd expect her to be a little shabby. 😞

Probably not yet hopefully Starlink gets deployed.  There was a starlink timeline but once we posted it here on CC it would seem X updated it by replacing the timeline image with "coming soon".  Solstice was supposed to go live on the first sailing of the 2023. 

On 10/28/2022 at 4:50 AM, tomcruiser1234 said:

Summit was full because of where it was sailing.  Iceland and Greenland for August followed by Boston to Canada for several trips.

The cabins are brighter and very pretty.  The table and chairs feel right out of a government waiting room.  Awful.

You can't blame X or their parent company for not yet resuming the revolution of ships, look at the stock graph below.  I know this isn't a huge deal for many on here but the addition of Starlink is HUGE.  Cruising #1 competitor are all inclusive land resort with fast wifi.  And like it or not, when parents are paying to bring their Gen Y/Z kids along, they'll see X in a positive light.

image.png.2b1541d7bf27ca628f78efc01893d81d.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Also, wasn't the 'Nox refurb abruptly cut short without any reason given before the pandemic?

Equinox Revolution was cut short/delayed as she was intended to undergo it at the Grand Bahamas shipyard in Freeport. When the Crane collapsed on the Oasis and closed the yard temporarily RCG was able to get a small time window in Cadiz to do some, but not all, of the work initially planned for Equinox. Most of the soft good supplies had already been shipped/procured and were either in Florida or the Bahamas. This led to a partial refit of things that could be done in a shortened timeframe, with the limited supplies that could be sent over with the ship, or whilst in service.  Any major structural changes originally intended to be completed in 2019 we’re supposed to be done in her next drydock in 2023/24 but at are now on indefinite hold due to financial constraints resultant from the pandemic shutdown

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Thanks 1