Thoughts.

clarets

3 hours ago, 9265359 said:

There are fewer.

It used to be two a week (plus jackets required nights and no jeans) and now it is one a week, no jackets and jeans are fine.

The direction is clear.

Ahhhhh……another ‘fewer’ club member.  A sadly endangered species.  Maybe like the formal club…….😉

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, 9265359 said:

Have you not noticed the difficulty that P&O has filling its ships with traditional customers. 

We have had a few P&O cruises recently. The customers all looked fairly traditional, as far as I could tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9265359 said:

Have you not noticed the difficulty that P&O has filling its ships with traditional customers. 

What difficulty ? 

Forward bookings for the traditional ships are extremely strong. Bookings for the two new ships less so. Seems to disprove your point.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have had a few P&O cruises recently. The customers all looked fairly traditional, as far as I could tell.

Did you not notice they only have one eye in the middle, and they are particularly hairy

• Haha 1

On 10/27/2022 at 12:25 AM, GSPG said:

I don’t enjoy formal nights, but dress up as the others do and think what’s the point, who is all this for. Sceptical mind thinks more money for the company through the photographers. I also don’t like the way people behave looking quite judgemental in their £2,000 jackets compared to something from next. A fair amount of looking down one’s nose.

As regards P&O getting things right through the amount of passengers now, I just don’t know.

From my take on the ship the last fortnight, I got the impression loyal guests did not enjoy the experience through cutbacks, lack of food quality, technology for booking food and shows, families who got up very early to reserve beds and dominated in the infinity pools.

Many people are still cruising first time out of covid, or just taken the cruise using up their FCC.

But it’s not the same experience and product pre covid with cost cutting and what appears to be new customer target for the company in families. Trouble was apart from the pools, there wasn’t much there for the kids.

To be honest most of the formal wear worn by men looks the same to be … not sure I’d know the difference  if they spent £2000 or £50… but wouldn’t make me feel inferior. Wear what you feel comfortable in . Formal nights still existed on our Caribbean cruises in November and March but there were no photographers, so they weren’t making profit from formal nights then. Each to there own.. if you don’t like the cruise line offerering you have other companies to choose from

• Like 7

We do not have an issue with dress code personally I really like dressing up in a DJ its something that we dont do that offen and it makes me feel a million bucks, complimenting my good lady wife' evening attire makes me proud and if anything I think it makes others feel special about the cruise experience whether they 'comply' or not different folks different strokes as they say 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, jono777 said:

We do not have an issue with dress code personally I really like dressing up in a DJ its something that we dont do that offen and it makes me feel a million bucks, complimenting my good lady wife' evening attire makes me proud and if anything I think it makes others feel special about the cruise experience whether they 'comply' or not different folks different strokes as they say 

We feel exactly the same, I don't understand why people get so uppity as to what everybody else does. I would prefer to share a table with interesting people in shorts than people dressed up tutting at what others do. 

• Like 6

Me, hubby and the girls love to dress up. It’s one of the things we do like about p&o actually

we have been on two msc cruises now and they have a much more relaxed take on dressing up and to be honest a lot of the time I felt out of place when I was dressed up on their cruises on formal nights, with p&o you kinda of feel out of place if you aren’t dressed up. Hubby is actually gutted there is only 2 formal nights on our two week cruise soon but we want the bigger ships as they have more to offer as a family and we are obviously very price driven as we are in our thirties and probably the demographic that p&o want for the new ships. 

I do get that some don’t like the younger cruises as generationally we all have different standards such as before how some thought the tight dresses with the low cut top of the “clubbing” dress was appropriate and some did not. 
I think it’s always going to be an argument of opinions and that’s not going to change. 

tbf I would probably wear a tight dress if I had the body for it 😂 

although what I do like is not sharing a table

this is something I really won’t do and on the two msc cruises have gone to the buffet instead of sharing a table of 8. 

• Like 5