Choosing Arrival Group

Raxter54

18 minutes ago, Raxter54 said:

Feb 19 2023 will be our first ever Princess cruise on the Ruby Princess. How far out from your sailing date will you be able to select your arrival group on the Medallion app?

Generally about 60 days out, give or take a day or two. Note that Princess generally does not observe Arrival Groups and you can pretty much show up whenever you want.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raxter54 said:

Feb 19 2023 will be our first ever Princess cruise on the Ruby Princess. How far out from your sailing date will you be able to select your arrival group on the Medallion app?

It used to be 59 days before.  But it varies between ships, depending on the port clearances.

I’ve seen it lately as late as 14 days before.  So, I just keep checking.  Join your roll call for your sailing, as someone usually posts when it opens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arrival groups is a joke.  It's an attempt to spread out embarkation, but in reality most people ignore it and clog up the boarding area.  Post Covid return to cruising even Platinum and Elite couldn't bypass the lines and were stuck in hours long lines.
It's gotten better, but everyone still ignores those times.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raxter54 said:

Someone on the roll call usually posts availability.  Other than that you can keep checking about the anticipated time it becomes available,

Regards John

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Honestly, it really does not matter. We were in the "Green Lane", but when you get to the port, you just follow the lines and crowd. However, because we are Platinum , we were able to sit in chairs after the Elites and board after them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jaycruising said:

We cruise in one week and ours won’t work… we are just showing up. 

I was able to get it on the previous 6 cruises but not this upcoming one.  In fact OM Help Desk told me to just ignore that step. 

• 4 weeks later...

We are 26 days out and it is still not available.  Called Medallion folks as suggested by Princess chat, they told me that they were not even available in their system yet and to give it a few weeks.  Like others have said, i think i will arrive when I want.

4 hours ago, Peytonhead said:

We are 26 days out and it is still not available.  Called Medallion folks as suggested by Princess chat, they told me that they were not even available in their system yet and to give it a few weeks.  Like others have said, i think i will arrive when I want.

Yes. It has been 12 days before our sailing. Don’t worry.  Depends on port clearance.

2 hours ago, Peytonhead said:

And i wonder if this is due to Regal Princess doing a TA cruise right now and will be in the USA on 12-2/3???

If you are on first sailing after ship return from Europe, expect a delay in boarding start if not the start of check-in.