Verifly Now?

Daniel A

Since HAL has significantly relaxed health protocols, is Verifly still a good option?  My next cruise is in 2023 and HAL isn't putting out 2023 protocols yet.  If no testing is required, how do you get Verifly approval if there are no test results to upload?

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

is Verifly still a good option? 

What purpose would Verifly serve?

It serves no purpose if it was used for uploading documents not needed (vaccine cards & test results).

HAL's "online check in" covers the health form. 

I'd love to hear from peeps that have cruised since the requirements were dropped to confirm.

(I've deleted mine and hope never to go down that route again)

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2022 at 5:25 PM, Daniel A said:

I just downloaded the Verifly app, and it won't accept my booking number.  Possibly, because HAL hasn't promulgated the health requirements for 2023 cruises yet?

If they are still using Verifly you need to be within 30 days, I believe. It would not take my booking number until we were inside 30 days.

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2022 at 9:27 AM, Daniel A said:

Since HAL has significantly relaxed health protocols, is Verifly still a good option?  My next cruise is in 2023 and HAL isn't putting out 2023 protocols yet.  If no testing is required, how do you get Verifly approval if there are no test results to upload?

Thank you.

Don't do it!

On 11/3/2022 at 2:25 PM, Daniel A said:

I just downloaded the Verifly app, and it won't accept my booking number.  Possibly, because HAL hasn't promulgated the health requirements for 2023 cruises yet?

Agree it is a crappy app, but uploading covid info a good idea as protocols change.  Colombia started requiring proof of vaccination for example.

3 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

We just checked in to the NA.  I saw the Verifly sign and watched as they turned it around to face the wall. Never asked for it.  Deleting the app.

Thank you for reporting real world experience.  I appreciate it very much.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

For some reason I can't load my booking reference on to the Verifly app. It says error every time. We are sailing out of Sydney and need to test before we go and show our documents for entry. Not sailing until January so maybe that could be a reason.

I did not see a Verifly line when we entered terminal 19 today.  Our assigned boarding time was noon.  We arrived at 1045 and there were already over 100 people in the terminal.  When entering the building there was a 4/5 Star/Neptune line and a second line for going through the baggage xRay.  The 2 separate lines for facial recognition scan/passport scan - then upstairs to the priority waiting area.  We basically never stopped walking and were seated in the waiting area before 1100.   Then at 1130 boarding started.   All very smooth and all of the HAL shoreside people were great.  Overall very smooth process.  We were the only HAL ship in port today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

I did not see a Verifly line when we entered terminal 19 today. 

Thanks for reporting back to us the good news....Also, seems like Port Everglades still has that great "no stopping" embarkation procedure down!

Enjoy your cruise!