Courtesy Hold Problem

tromvest

I will want  to put a courtesy hold tomorrow on a cabin for a cruise being released tomorrow and then have my travel agent take it over later. 
I have done a few mock bookings to see how do I  put a courtesy hold on a reservation. What’s  weird is sometimes the option is available to place a courtesy hold and then if I try it again later I don’t get the option and all that pops up is a page 

to place a deposit with a credit card. 
Has anyone had this same experience or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, tromvest said:

I will want  to put a courtesy hold tomorrow on a cabin for a cruise being released tomorrow and then have my travel agent take it over later. 
I have done a few mock bookings to see how do I  put a courtesy hold on a reservation. What’s  weird is sometimes the option is available to place a courtesy hold and then if I try it again later I don’t get the option and all that pops up is a page 

Has anyone had this same experience or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. 

There are multiple website issues.  If I have gone to place a courtesy hold and then not completed the hold; the system locks me out for X hours as it assumes I have a hold in place.

Any reason you are not simply calling your TA?

47 minutes ago, tromvest said:

I've recently started to see the option to do a courtesy hold doesn't always appear when before, if I went to the "Lock it in" page with the final prices and hit the Celebrity logo (top left), it would ask me 99% of the time.. maybe they're limiting courtesy holds?

26 minutes ago, behtyas said:

I've recently started to see the option to do a courtesy hold doesn't always appear when before, if I went to the "Lock it in" page with the final prices and hit the Celebrity logo (top left), it would ask me 99% of the time.. maybe they're limiting courtesy holds?

Strangely, my experience is the exact opposite!!

I have been wanting to do a courtesy hold for quite a few times before now, but when I get to the Confirm Your Choices panel and click on the X logo, I only get asked if I want to exit the booking. Today, for the very first time, I had the option to get a courtesy hold. 

I didn't expect that and my mouse moved faster than my brain (lol) and I existed the booking. Went back in and couldn't get the darn hold!

Cleared my cache/cookies (again) then was able to get a hold.

Thank you Celebrity IT...not!

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Logged in I had trouble getting a Courtesy Hold.  Log out and redid the booking, clicked on the X and got the Courtesy Hold option.

Yes, this works consistently *if* I also clear my cookies...thanks!

39 minutes ago, kayehall said:

I should have done a courtesy hold this morning when I was looking at Alaska.  The cabin I priced at 730a was $600 dollars more when my TA booked it at 930a.  Talk about a scam.  I think I will price HA to compare.

Prices can and do change...fairly often in my experience.  

Thank you for all the replies. So last night I was able to place a courtesy hold on a cabin that I wanted for a Norway 2024 cruise. I was assured that I have 24 hours in which to keep that courtesy hold. So today I called my travel agent and was told that tje “hold”was canceled last night at 11 PM. I was sleeping last night at 11 PM so it certainly wasn’t me. I called the Executive Offices of Celebrity and all they said is they have no idea, but it was canceled. Today I wrote a letter to Lisa Perlo. This was totally unacceptable and our second choice cabin had already been taken. The first choice cabin was gone as well so we chose our third choice.

The courtesy hold system is definitely broken. It would show the hold was in place for 5 days (with a countdown), and still end up canceled less than 24 hours later. I don't mind, but why show a horrible inaccurate hold timer?

I'm amazed at all of the website issues Celeb/RCL have.. it's a wonder anything works! 😂