Hail stops Ovation boarding

gbenjo

A freak hail storm halted  boarding of the Ovation today in Sydney for about ten or fifteen minutes today. 
Hope you can see the hail in the photo. Sorry for some reason the photo keeps loading upside down, dont know why.

394B75DD-D690-451F-9FD6-9D22063AFF31.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

You spelt chest wrong….pain in the A- - E 😂😂😂

I hope your car didn’t get damage Graham, I suppose you get under cover parking.

You have a lot of people working at OPT.

Every 10 meters there was someone asking if I needed help and have a good cruise. A lovely team .

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I hope your car didn’t get damage Graham, I suppose you get under cover parking.

You have a lot of people working at OPT.

Every 10 meters there was someone asking if I needed help and have a good cruise. A lovely team .

No parking, I catch the train to work 😁 and yes, we certainly have an “abundance” of staff. I was keeping an eye out for you, guess you got through without a problem.what time did you board?

Edited by gbenjo

Gidday fellow cruisers, so nice to hear the ANZAC humour on these boards!

Now Chilli, remember to report on the Johnny Rockets or Fish & Ships matter for me please.

Also, gbenjo, what are the boarding times like?

We are in the Rydges Sydney Harbour hotel & check out at 10am, I think, & have my er, elderly

Ma & Pa with us.  They are Gold & the rest of our crew are lowly Platinum.

What is our best option so that Ma & Pa are not standing too long?

The rest of us can wait if necessary.

TraceyG 🙂

20 minutes ago, dandtgeddes said:

Now Chilli, remember to report on the Johnny Rockets or Fish & Ships matter for me please.

We are in the Rydges Sydney Harbour hotel & check out at 10am, I think, & have my er, elderly

TraceyG 🙂

I would leave them sitting in the comfort of the foyer of the hotel  and walk down and confirm their check in time so they don't have to wait around.  I find staff are always good with elderly people.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

No parking, I catch the train to work 😁 and yes, we certainly have an “abundance” of staff. I was keeping an eye out for you, guess you got through without a problem.what time did you board?

So you rolled the red carpet back up Graham !!    Would Chilli have got the red carpet treatment for being one of the 'speshial people?' lol.

gettyimages-185272316-612x612.jpg.af2d538e4ec032880a41c5e2aec5ea7f.jpg

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, NSWP said:

So you rolled the red carpet back up Graham !!    Would Chilli have got the red carpet treatment for being one of the 'speshial people?' lol.

gettyimages-185272316-612x612.jpg.af2d538e4ec032880a41c5e2aec5ea7f.jpg

More like an old rattan  rug. 😁

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I think it was about 2:00 . I was pretty tired after doing a harbour walk.

I did the final check in with a very sweet lady and I’m sorry I forgot about you.  All your staff where out standing 

Next time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dandtgeddes said:

TraceyG 🙂

We no longer  have “priority lines “ other than for Pinnacle and suite guests.  The new check in system is considered to be so quick that there is no need for priority lines. The only “ bottlenecks” are border force and security screening, both of which are after check in and out of the control of the cruise line, irrespective of whether there are priority check in lines or not.  If allocated check in times are adhered to by guests delays should be kept to a minimum.If  guests arrive out of their allocated time slot  and the lines are not long they may allow them to check in but is dependant on the circumstances on any given time / day.  You could  go to the terminal earlier  and explain to the staff there about your situation ( mention my name if you wish …but no guarantees ) and  if they can help, they will.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think it was about 2:00 . I was pretty tired after doing a harbour walk.

I did the final check in with a very sweet lady and I’m sorry I forgot about you.  All your staff where out standing 

Next time.

I am easily forgotten.

• Haha 1

Thank you gbenjo 😃

Don't need to cut lines, will take whatever time we are given.

Thank you for the security info, will have Ma bring her walking stick, just in case.

Only likely to name drop to say "gidday"

Thanks again 😀

TraceyG 🙂

35 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

We no longer  have “priority lines “ other than for Pinnacle and suite guests.  The new check in system is considered to be so quick that there is no need for priority lines. The only “ bottlenecks” are border force and security screening, both of which are after check in and out of the control of the cruise line, irrespective of whether there are priority check in lines or not.  If allocated check in times are adhered to by guests delays should be kept to a minimum.If  guests arrive out of their allocated time slot  and the lines are not long they may allow them to check in but is dependant on the circumstances on any given time / day.  You could  go to the terminal earlier  and explain to the staff there about your situation ( mention my name if you wish …but no guarantees ) and  if they can help, they will.

Hi Graham, So no priority for diamond + anymore either?  I currently have as 12.30 boarding on 26/11, so will drop bags off and come back. Thanks Cheryle