"Flights by Celebrity"

Talldkny

19 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I have read multiple posts on this forum that Air Canada will not let you select seats when you book thru FBC.

You have to pay for the flight first, then you can book your seats with Air CanadA.

My experience. I book all flights, domestic and international, through FBC. I fly on American or Delta. I go to airline website, find the flights that fit my needs including seat selection. I then call FBC give the information to the customer service rep and in five minutes I am ready to go. When using a foreign carrier seat selection is not possible until after full payment and sometimes not until you check-in at the airport.   

9 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

My experience. I book all flights, domestic and international, through FBC. I fly on American or Delta. I go to airline website, find the flights that fit my needs including seat selection. I then call FBC give the information to the customer service rep and in five minutes I am ready to go. When using a foreign carrier seat selection is not possible until after full payment and sometimes not until you check-in at ths e airport.   

For our upcoming April TA our return flights didn't even exist on any websites except FBC.  The return is Amsterdam to Toronto with a connection in Philly.  I avoid Heathrow like the plague. My friend who just returned from a cruise last month missed her connection in Heathrow and travel agent had to put 26 guests in overnight hotels then get a flight  home the following day.  I told her she needed a new agent. 

Edited by drakes2

6 hours ago, HoneyDad said:

I may to cancel and re-book direct or a different airline through FBC.

This is the best approach.  Since air ticketing has gone online, booking your flights directly through the airlines give you the most control.  More importantly, long distance discretionary flights should really be booked in a premium class using miles - or in a way that helps your status with the airline. And that's best done direct.

Another reason to not use FBC (the change fee is enough for me to avoid them) is you have to call in if you need to change.  Book with the airline you can make changes online and probably make changes faster than you can find the FBC #, call in and go through the prompts

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Illsticktocrusing said:

I wonder if something has changed in general with FBC, I booked an AA flight and can not choose my seat even thought I have been able to do it in the past.  I am less than 90 days out and I have made full payment.  

What are the details of your flight?  Operated by AA?  Is your FF number on your reservation when reviewing the flight in AA.com?

7 hours ago, Illsticktocrusing said:

I wonder if something has changed in general with FBC, I booked an AA flight and can not choose my seat even thought I have been able to do it in the past.  I am less than 90 days out and I have made full payment.  

I had to call FBC to book a particular seat on AA. 

8 hours ago, Illsticktocrusing said:

There is definitely something different with AA. We just booked tickets to Venice through FBC and also cannot choose seats. The flight is booked and operated by AA. I have status with AA but still can't book seats through the AA website. I called FBC today and they were able to access the seating chart and assign us seats. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Have you received your ticket yet? I have an AA return flight May 9th but it won't be ticketed till some time in March. 

No, I just recently made my final payment so I should receive my ticket soon.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, STLCRUISIN said:

There is definitely something different with AA. We just booked tickets to Venice through FBC and also cannot choose seats. The flight is booked and operated by AA. I have status with AA but still can't book seats through the AA website. I called FBC today and they were able to access the seating chart and assign us seats. 

Does the AA flight show up on My flights when you log into AA.com?

Just had the issue of being less than 90 days out and fully paid.  Called FBC yesterday and ask them to allow my flight on AA to be ticketed.  The CSR did so and said by tomorrow you should be able to go in and change or pick your seats.  I did the same thing on RCCL air2sea back in March for my Alaska flights.  Just asked once final payment went through to allow the booking to be ticketed.  This morning I was able to go into AA.COM and pick my seats.  

• Like 3

On 12/1/2022 at 8:49 AM, Illsticktocrusing said:

call fbc and ask them to ticket your booking so you can choose your seats.  Don't let them do it as they will give you far in the back seats.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 12:50 PM, drakes2 said:

For our upcoming April TA our return flights didn't even exist on any websites except FBC.  The return is Amsterdam to Toronto with a connection in Philly.  I avoid Heathrow like the plague. My friend who just returned from a cruise last month missed her connection in Heathrow and travel agent had to put 26 guests in overnight hotels then get a flight  home the following day.  I told her she needed a new agent. 

That's odd that you can't see it anywhere else. I did a spot search of 10 different dates in April on AA.com and can see the AMS-PHL-YYZ route each day (AA 203 connecting to AA 6116). As far as Heathrow goes, to each their own...I know it's not ideal, but I connect through it many times each year and rarely run in to issues. 

43 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Not so, if you tell FBC which seats you want. See post #27.

I've had better success just having them ticket and pick my own seats.  Example.  Early yesterday I called FBC to ticket.  The CSR said she was unable to do so but would pick what seats I wanted.  I chose 5a and 5b on one flight.  She said no I can't get higher than 25A and 25B.  So I call back later and got a different rep who ticketed me.  And I went on AA.com and got 5a and 5b.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Zach1213 said:

That's odd that you can't see it anywhere else. I did a spot search of 10 different dates in April on AA.com and can see the AMS-PHL-YYZ route each day (AA 203 connecting to AA 6116). As far as Heathrow goes, to each their own...I know it's not ideal, but I connect through it many times each year and rarely run in to issues. 

@Zach1213my return from Amsterdam is May 9 2023 and the flights are Finn Air 5712 operated by AA connecting in Philly to AA 6116.  Possibly as its a code share may be the reason it is no longer available.  Its also the weekend of the Kings Coronation another reason to avoid Heathrow.

3 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

@Zach1213my return from Amsterdam is May 9 2023 and the flights are Finn Air 5712 operated by AA connecting in Philly to AA 6116.  Possibly as its a code share may be the reason it is no longer available.  Its also the weekend of the Kings Coronation another reason to avoid Heathrow.

That makes a lot more sense now. I only search April since your post only mentioned April. I do still see the AA+AA flights available on their website for 9 May, but obviously a moot point since you already have them. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

If you mean "Find My Trip", yes it does when logging in with last name and AA Record Locator Number. 

I was referencing “Your Trips ” that list all your upcoming flights.  I mistakenly called in My instead of Your.

From my experience, I sometimes need to add my FF number after I “Find my trip”.  The flight then shows up in Your trips and I am able to select seats based on my status.  
I just thought perhaos this was why you could not select seat on AA.com.  AA allows me to select seats even before you book the flight.

22 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Not so, if you tell FBC which seats you want. See post #27.

We just finished booking Premium Economy seats for our son and family (4 seats) as well as our daughter and family (4 seats). When we wanted to select their seats, the system had automatically assigned both families into Rows 37 and 38 of the plane (not even Premium Economy seats). FBC had to do seat changes for 8 people.

We actually booked a total of 10 seats for a family trip. All in all, the phone call with FBC was 2 hours and 24 minutes. This may have been the last time we use them.

Randy

4 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

We just finished booking Premium Economy seats for our son and family (4 seats) as well as our daughter and family (4 seats). When we wanted to select their seats, the system had automatically assigned both families into Rows 37 and 38 of the plane (not even Premium Economy seats). FBC had to do seat changes for 8 people.

We actually booked a total of 10 seats for a family trip. All in all, the phone call with FBC was 2 hours and 24 minutes. This may have been the last time we use them.

Randy

I don't blame you. I used them for a Western Europe TA in April 2023 then my sister and I decided to each have our own cabins next to each other.  This created a new booking and trying to transfer her flight to the new booking wasn't easy but finally got it done.  I hate to call them incompetent but .....  simple procedure?  You would think so.