Accomodation Pre Cruise from Sydney??

Hi fellow cruisers.

March, 2023 doing the big lap around Aussie, Sydney to Sydney and looking for 1 night accomodation in Sydney with an easy walk or transfer to the Overseas Cruising Terminal near the Quay. 

Can anyone please recommend any hotel under $200 that has its own bathroom???.

Kind Regards Bob 👍

Hard to beat Rydges at the Rocks for location.

Disclosing that while I have stayed at lots of Rydges, stayed at the hotel when it was Holiday Inn but not since the change. 

Couple of hundred metres at most walk to the Terminal.

Now a couple of things, 

One what your budget is.

Two are you a member of any loyalty programs.

Edited by GUT2407

Good luck with that.

AUD: doubtful 

USD: possible, if you are lucky.

I suggest to check hotels.com or booking.com, or similar sites.

(It helps the Cruise Criti brains trust to know the exact date.)

🙂

38 minutes ago, portcbob said:

Hi fellow cruisers.

March, 2023 doing the big lap around Aussie, Sydney to Sydney and looking for 1 night accomodation in Sydney with an easy walk or transfer to the Overseas Cruising Terminal near the Quay. 

Kind Regards Bob 👍

Try the great southern.

I haven’t stayed there for many years but people swear by it.

Its just near central station and there’s a light rail station just out the front which will take you straight to circular quay.

It’s clean,comfortable and you should get it for under $200 with breakfast.

Its a place that really works  on a budget for cruises.

https://greatsouthernhotel.com.au/great-southern-hotel-sydney/

• Like 2

If you like it a bit quirky - we recently stayed at the Mercantile Hotel 25 George St, The Rocks. Just a little further up the hill from Rydges. Very easy, downhill walk to the OPT. It's Edwardian era. Get a Queen room, with private bathroom. Our huge bathroom had a spa bath, and separate shower. Our bedroom had the most beautiful cast iron fireplace with decorative tiles and carved mantlepiece. You would have to be reasonable mobile as there is one flight stairs and no lift. It was comfortable and clean. It cost us $129 AUD for the night. We were there on a Sunday night. There is an Irish pub on the ground floor, with live music. It stopped at 9.30pm. The street outside is closed from Friday morning to Sunday evening to set up for the Markets.

• Like 2

We have stayed the last few times but precovid at the Ibis budget at Sydney airport.  They have 2 levels we go for the superior of the 2.  Easy less than 5 mins walk from airport then back next morning to get the bus/train to the ship.   KFC right next door along with Krispy Kreme but heaps of food options at the airport.  Last time we stayed was 2019 and $119 for triple room.

Not gonna fit within the $200 budget either AUD or USD but for what it's worth we always stay at the Amora Jamison whenever we're in Sydney - https://www.amorahotels.com/sydney/ .  Based on what others are saying and given that I come from the other side of the country, it's looks like a $200 hotel in walking distance of the Quay is a bit of an ask.  Good luck though.

On 11/18/2022 at 7:24 AM, portcbob said:

Hi fellow cruisers.

Kind Regards Bob 👍

Bob, I have stayed at De Vere Hotel, a three star hotel in Potts Point, for years, because I love the location. 

devere-hotel-sydney.h-rez.com  You can check on line what the rate for bed and breakfast will be on the date you are interested in.  I get a shuttle to the door from the airport.  (I used to get a local bus to the wharf but they have changed the route now.  One bus goes to Sydney Theatres on the harbour and the other goes to Central Station.  Also you can walk to Kings Cross Station.) 

Try Holiday Inn, Kings Cross, on top of KX Railway Station. on Illawarra Line.   If you join IHG Loyalty Club, you should get a room under AU$200, they also have a bistro on site, good prices.   

17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Try Holiday Inn, Kings Cross, on top of KX Railway Station. on Illawarra Line.   If you join IHG Loyalty Club, you should get a room under AU$200, they also have a bistro on site, good prices.   

Great location for train travel.  You can catch train to Circular Quay with one change. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Or a taxi/Uber, not that far from KX to OPT.

The hotel books a return shuttle to the airport.  When the shuttle didn't turn up, the hotel paid for a uber.  From the footpath, we saw it drive past and keep driving.  Hotel booked another uber and I made airport on time.  I don't have faith in Ubers.  I usually book my own shuttles and have never had a problem.