Days before trip to out in C&A gift requests

topnole

You do have to call. And that is probably the best way, because they are out of most things. I don't remember what the day limit is, but it is worth a try. ☺️We received a lot of water, and truffles. There was a form onboard, for other things wine, cupcakes, we could request to change our selections. (That would be delivered onboard) 

Edited by Coralc

Which specific ‘gifts’ are you inquiring about?  

It is my understanding your ‘selections’ are fixed from your last request, until you request something different. If you move up to the 340 and 525 points selection, it is your responsibility to get the latest options by visiting a LA on board or calling C&A on land.

For the welcome drinks if you do not make a selection, the default is water.

The inventory of the tote bags and towels seems to vary depending on the ship also the availability of particular wines is very limited. You will receive whatever the bar manager has decided is a substitute for your selected wine if it is not available. I just completed the TA on the Brilliance of the Seas Rome to Tampa, Nov 5-20. I was given a substitute for the 2 bottles of the Red I had selected. One was a full bottle and the 2nd bottle was a half size bottle. Thought that was strange to give me a half bottle, I was able to exchange it for a different full size bottle.

Edited by wallyj

9 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Which specific ‘gifts’ are you inquiring about?  

It is my understanding your ‘selections’ are fixed from your last request, until you request something different. If you move up to the 340 and 525 points selection, it is your responsibility to get the latest options by visiting a LA on board or calling C&A on land.

For the welcome drinks if you do not make a selection, the default is water.

The inventory of the tote bags and towels seems to vary depending on the ship also the availability of particular wines is very limited. You will receive whatever the bar manager has decided is a substitute for your selected wine if it is not available. I just completed the TA on the Brilliance of the Seas Rome to Tampa, Nov 5-20. I was given a substitute for the 2 bottles of the Red I had selected. One was a full bottle and the 2nd bottle was a half size bottle. Thought that was strange to give me a half bottle, I was able to exchange it for a different full size bottle.

Thanks.  I just can’t recall what we do last time.  I know it was beverages and not towels etc.   Not a huge deal either way.  We are in a loft suite near the SL.  Just was curious on the cut off so I can have time to get through via phone.  

How was your TA weather?  Considering one next November of similar timeframe.  My others were all in Oct so hoping it would be similar weather in November.  

1 hour ago, topnole said:

Thanks.  I just can’t recall what we do last time.  I know it was beverages and not towels etc.   Not a huge deal either way.  We are in a loft suite near the SL.  Just was curious on the cut off so I can have time to get through via phone.  

How was your TA weather?  Considering one next November of similar timeframe.  My others were all in Oct so hoping it would be similar weather in November.  

Are you talking about loft suite amenities or crown and anchor as they are two separate things, and you specifically mention your cabin which has no bearing on c&a gifts

Edited by Spurschick

1 hour ago, topnole said:

The TA weather was mostly good till we got closer to FL. The days got cooler with some rain, and I read this last weekend, Tampa was fogged in and the Brilliance and Serenade were very late getting back into Tampa , 8 hours late?

You should be able to switch out your selections to whatever is available on board, if you decide what is delivered you want to change. So no need to call and then you can have LA update your preferences for your next sailing if needed.

1 minute ago, Spurschick said:

Are you talking about loft suite amenities or crown and anchor as they are two separate things, and you specifically mention your cabin which has no bearing on c&a gifts

No I’m just talking C&A per my thread title.   I mentioned my cabin because if I miss the cut off it isn’t that big of a deal.  I’d like to have a bottle of wine as the gift, but on this trip the SL bar will be very close.  So not as big of a deal if I can’t confirm my choice.   A glass of wine won’t be far away regardless.  

1 minute ago, wallyj said:

The TA weather was mostly good till we got closer to FL. The days got cooler with some rain, and I read this last weekend, Tampa was fogged in and the Brilliance and Serenade were very late getting back into Tampa , 8 hours late?

You should be able to switch out your selections to whatever is available on board, if you decide what is delivered you want to change. So no need to call and then you can have LA update your preferences for your next sailing if needed.

Thanks for that info.   Interesting weather.   On two prior west bound TAs we had great weather when approaching Fl.   That was in there Oct Nov timeframes.   I love the he TAs.   My favorite cruises.  

8 minutes ago, topnole said:

No I’m just talking C&A per my thread title.   I mentioned my cabin because if I miss the cut off it isn’t that big of a deal.  I’d like to have a bottle of wine as the gift, but on this trip the SL bar will be very close.  So not as big of a deal if I can’t confirm my choice.   A glass of wine won’t be far away regardless.  

Your cabin will not effect the cutoff as if not sorted in advance you will get the cupcakes on day 1 and then not able to substitute. The cupcakes became a standard item if choices not made in advance if you are entitled to 2 amenities. (Like anyone needs more food😂) and if not selected you will get whatever RC chooses)

Edited by Spurschick
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

Your cabin will not effect the cutoff as if not sorted in advance you will get the cupcakes on day 1 and then not able to substitute. The cupcakes became a standard item if choices not made in advance if you are entitled to 2 amenities. (Like anyone needs more food😂) and if not selected you will get whatever RC chooses)

I think we have a beer and champagne.   Just not 100%.   Agree.  Don’t care about cupcakes.   

10 hours ago, topnole said:

Do you still have to call in to select the complementary gifts?   How many days before sailing does this need to be done?   

No, we never call. The gifts are always left in our cabin.

On our Anthem cruise last week, the Loyalty Ambassador sent a letter to our cabin and we had to fill it out and leave it at his desk. The letter was manly to show what they are currently out and what we can choose instead.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, topnole said:

From our past experiences with making changes, allow yourself two weeks for them to make the change in their systems. While the LA on board can see what your selections are, he/she doesn't have the ability to update the shoreside system to make changes. They can (and have for us on several occasions) do a swap out of one of your selections if they have stock available. The suite concierge is also a very good resource to get things like that done for you if shoreside didn't deliver what you requested pre-cruise in your suite.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

No, we never call. The gifts are always left in our cabin.

On our Anthem cruise last week, the Loyalty Ambassador sent a letter to our cabin and we had to fill it out and leave it at his desk. The letter was manly to show what they are currently out and what we can choose instead.

@Arzeena- you just got off the Anthem?  Drat.  Guess where I am!  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

@Arzeena- you just got off the Anthem?  Drat.  Guess where I am!  

OH NO! We missed each other?

We always talk about you and wonder where you are and how you are doing!!!! I try to look you up on CC. We miss you! Hope we get to see you soon. Jan 2 Anthem????? Yes??????🥰

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

You do have to call. And that is probably the best way, because they are out of most things. I don't remember what the day limit is, but it is worth a try. ☺️We received a lot of water, and truffles. There was a form onboard, for other things wine, cupcakes, we could request to change our selections. (That would be delivered onboard) 

Yeah call is better for most. I emailed to change 2 my usual Choices but it took them 6wks to respond. This last June

• Thanks 1