Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

13 hours ago, eyecantwait said:

This will definitely be my go to when nothing else really appeals to me. Glad to know this is an option.

Thanks for all the pictures you're posting. I'm having a wonderful time on your trip! 

Last night they had the Full size Filet on the Luminae.   They also had the Turbot and we both chose that instead.  It is a perfectly composed dinner.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Love your Stud Puffin shirt Jim. You must have got it on your last cruise visiting Nfld. Congrats on the move up. 

Yes that's where I got it.   It is a fun shirt.    They only place I saw it was in a little gift shop a couple blocks from the main street.     I even had someone in a car lean out and Yell Hey Stud..  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Redking said:

Woohoo. What number. Our last cruise just pre the Rona was on the Solstice in 1241. Enjoy!

Happy it will be on deck 10 -  1118.   It's a long climb up the stairs from al Bacio to Deck 12.   When I passed the 10th this morning I thought how nice it will be next week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. Congratulations on the upgrade. By the way I emailed you a while back to check on the results of your eye surgery. I am thinking it was successful. Best regards! 

Sorry if I missed the email.

Last Friday I the stitches removed after 2 month.   

The doctor said he was finally able to "almost"  declare it a success.    I've been tapering down the Prednisone  to 2x a day for 2 weeks  and 1x  for 2 weeks when we return in a week.    He wants to to see me 2 weeks after I'm off prednisone.  

It's amazing what they can do with micro surgery.   The side benefit was they  did a Cataract Surgery at the same time so now I no longer need glasses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

It’s interesting, on Cunard you are visited by the upgrade fairy.   It’s a no cost upgrade and at times we have been upgraded from Britannia class, regular verandah, to the Queens Grill lowest level suite.   We are on the QM2 now for 19 days and the ship is full, 2300 passengers -150 K ton ship.

The first crossing is a Literary cruise with about 20 popular authors plus the editor of the London Times book review and past editor of the New York Times book review.   BBC TV and radio hosts are chairing discussions with the authors.   We are really adding to our “books to be read” list.   The upgrade fairy works well for Cunard because once you eat in their top restaurant, you are never quite as happy in the lower level restaurants.    I have looked at the menus in the Britannia, regular MDR, and there are much better choices than in Luminae.  

Cunard is on our short list of our first adventure off of Celebrity after 23 years.  Right now the leader of the pack is Ponant.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chemmo said:

So pleased about your upgrade, hope you enjoy!

Really enjoying the sunshine you are bringing to my morning coffee (or afternoon tea today)…

The weather has been perfect.      The first day out of LA is a bit cool at about 18-20 C but quickly warm up by day at sea number 2.  

I've been living in shorts and a T during the day for the past week.   I do bring sun lotion as the sun is really strong

Oops.... I just announced ==== This is your wake up call -  get your A@@ out of bed it is 9:45 -   Ol grumpy said -- No it's not - we gained our hour back last night.

I forgot to update the time on my laptop. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Oops.... I just announced ==== This is your wake up call -  get your A@@ out of bed it is 9:45 -   Ol grumpy said -- No it's not - we gained our hour back last night.

I forgot to update the time on my laptop. 

So many time changes on this itinerary, I will be sooooo confused.  

On 12/6/2022 at 10:27 PM, abbydancer said:

Interesting, including your comment about non-revolutionized ships on have one Michael's concierge.  We were on the Eclipse this past summer and there were 2.  I know on the Summit in 2021, they said there were two because of the sundeck.  On our second cruise that year there was one, but she said it was because the retreat manager went on vacation and the other person was doing that job.  

On the Silhouette last month, we had 3, but one was leaving soon.

I've just been skimming this review, but I also thought that was interesting.  On the Eclipse last April, which is also non-revolutionized, we had two Michael's Club/Retreat Concierges and one Suite Manager.  On the Solstice both in June and September we again had two Michael's  Club/Retreat Concierges and one Suite Manager.

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Was notified yesterday that we were moved up to a Royal.    Yea. 

8006A00F-3144-4E10-9ED1-E237DB1ED4F3.thumb.jpeg.fb13a27b143ee671e0f7666b98e65ec6.jpeg

Congratulations to both of you.  Smart move to hold off on the Specialty dining until the second cruise.  Since you were booked in a CS, you already have the standard Retreat  perks.

Jim, this might be a good cruise to see what comes with a RS.  A lot of amenities as you know.

Am I correct to assume  you do not have the four device each internet plan on your current cruise and the planned upcoming CS cruise?

If not, it will interesting to see if you get that amenity/perk with your RS upgrade.  I would guess yes.

Do not forget to make your Specialty dining reservations.  Enjoy Murano’s and Tuscan.

So happy for you.

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Happy it will be on deck 10 -  1118.   It's a long climb up the stairs from al Bacio to Deck 12.   When I passed the 10th this morning I thought how nice it will be next week.

Congrats! We have 1116 on this ship in March, first time in a RS. Will look forward to your experience!

Cabana Time

7379114A-4D28-4853-9A17-4D880CFD35E9.thumb.jpeg.e8f4f7fb6850e93a962cdfc81c8355eb.jpeg

C496D843-3A05-444C-AAB7-E11DC3873103.thumb.jpeg.9c4f66cfa56bbd037a95c6d241894a8a.jpeg

There was one being used today (sea day). 

these are on Starboard (heading north) 

One was booked Port Side and looked like in shade (morning)

I met Mansur and had a chat.  He normally works at Murano.   He confirmed the Menu I posted is the same on all ships but also said you could also order anything off of Room Service Menu

19BA5033-883F-4F82-B395-D6A941115D60.thumb.jpeg.b5959871c571fee1ce2b732bd8315f57.jpeg

He said we go out of our way to fill requests and dietary requirements 

616F3703-08A2-42A2-8847-2B8DF073CD38.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

I've just been skimming this review, but I also thought that was interesting.  On the Eclipse last April, which is also non-revolutionized, we had two Michael's Club/Retreat Concierges and one Suite Manager.  On the Solstice both in June and September we again had two Michael's  Club/Retreat Concierges and one Suite Manager.

Hmmm.. maybe they are going to work Mar heavy.    Ken who is a Customer Service person was suppose to leave last week but with Pennappoli's unexpected need to return home was extended a cruise and Mar was shifted here (1 day prior to the cruise).

13 minutes ago, Hrhbob said:

Hello guys. Hope to meet you when we board this Sunday. Do you know if Solstice showed the Monday Night Football game last Monday? Good game on this coming Monday and would love to see it!

Sorry - I really didn't notice.     I have YouTube TV and am able to watch live as well as record and watch when available.

17 minutes ago, Hrhbob said:

Hello guys. Hope to meet you when we board this Sunday. Do you know if Solstice showed the Monday Night Football game last Monday? Good game on this coming Monday and would love to see it!

Yes it was on the TV in the cabin, not sure if it was on the big screen on the lawn.

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hmmm.. maybe they are going to work Mar heavy.    Ken who is a Customer Service person was suppose to leave last week but with Pennappoli's unexpected need to return home was extended a cruise and Mar was shifted here (1 day prior to the cruise).

The "powers that be" should just admit that they are short staffed.  Mr. Singh was supposed to leave before you boarded.  And the Captain's Club host was to start her leave on September 24th but had to stay on the second leg of our September B2B.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Cabana Time

7379114A-4D28-4853-9A17-4D880CFD35E9.thumb.jpeg.e8f4f7fb6850e93a962cdfc81c8355eb.jpeg

C496D843-3A05-444C-AAB7-E11DC3873103.thumb.jpeg.9c4f66cfa56bbd037a95c6d241894a8a.jpeg

There was one being used today (sea day). 

these are on Starboard (heading north) 

One was booked Port Side and looked like in shade (morning)

I met Mansur and had a chat.  He normally works at Murano.   He confirmed the Menu I posted is the same on all ships but also said you could also order anything off of Room Service Menu

19BA5033-883F-4F82-B395-D6A941115D60.thumb.jpeg.b5959871c571fee1ce2b732bd8315f57.jpeg

He said we go out of our way to fill requests and dietary requirements 

616F3703-08A2-42A2-8847-2B8DF073CD38.jpeg

Thank you for the pics and information!!