What Did You Forget?

Mr&MrsBennifer2022

One time I did a final wash of undies.....but left them in the laundry room.  We were able to buy some in the shop onboard.

I now have two hair brushes so I can pack one, and still brush my hair before we rush out for the trip.

Honestly, apart from documents required for the cruise, and a credit card, the rest is not the end of the world.

Ask again in 50 years, and the answer could be dentures, hearing aids, meds, glasses.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

You're on your honeymoon, all you need is each other. In February I left a full carry-on on the bed. Fortunately it only had my meds and some clothes in it. I was able to pick up some of the meds OTC and of course a new carry-on bag at the port city before the cruise. Congratulations!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Phone or Kindle chargers! Don't leave them plugged in where you were topping off your devices!

ETA: Best wishes for a good cruise and a happy life together!

Ditto on the chargers, cables and even batteries. Bring what you need because you may not find the type of cable or battery you need onboard.  And any medication you all may need. Have a great honeymoon! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Phone or Kindle chargers! Don't leave them plugged in where you were topping off your devices!

ETA: Best wishes for a good cruise and a happy life together!

I did a cruise once to S. Georgia Island which started at Ushuaia.  One of the people on board forgot the charger for his camera batteries and he did not bring a spare camera.  The photo store at Ushuaia did not have the proper charger and there are obviously no stores on S. Georgia.  He decided not to buy a new camera in Ushuaia and his camera was a common type so he hoped that someone on board would have a camera that used the same type of batteries.  He lucked out on that but he came very close to no S. Georgia pictures.

DON

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, charmingtortoise said:

Travelled with someone that forgot to pack underwear

A recent first-timer here (me).  I thought of everything.  Too many things.  But when I unpacked there were no underwear.  Just the BVDs I was wearing.  Washed the one each of the 7 nights.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Longford said:

A recent first-timer here (me).  I thought of everything.  Too many things.  But when I unpacked there were no underwear.  Just the BVDs I was wearing.  Washed the one each of the 7 nights.

If you just turned them inside/out, you would only need to wash every other night!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 12/1/2022 at 2:41 AM, Mr&MrsBennifer2022 said:

Leaving for our honeymoon in just a few hours!  Can’t believe that it is finally here! Please tell me what you have left behind so I can double check that I have it. 

Thanks! 

I can't think of anything that I have forgotten, but my wife cannot say the same thing.  We had driven to New Orleans and checked into a hotel when she made the discovery.  The only bra that she had was the one that she had on.  Now I liked the free look but she, being a modest person, was in a panic.  Luckily there was a K-Mart next door.  I still remember some of the looks that I got while digging through the bra section of the store.  It all turned out well in the end.  We boarded the ship the next day and she had all of the support that she needed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Make sure it doesn't have a surge protector which is a fire risk for ships' electric.

Also they will take it away from you if they find that it has a surge suppressor.  Something like this will work and it is also small and cheap - https://www.amazon.com/3-Outlet-Grounding-Kasonic-Extender-Heavy-Duty/dp/B075PJYVMG/ref=sr_1_6?crid=92P2GYV9DB3L&keywords=triple+electric+plug&qid=1670992168&sprefix=triple+elect%2Caps%2C141&sr=8-6

DON

• Like 1

if I forget to pack something, I just wait until the next port to purchase it.  Rarely happens.  Although, when in Europe, I always buy some article of clothing as a souvenir.  I used to buy shoes overseas, but now as I have aged ( things get wider), I don't do that.  Now it'd mostly funny aprons from different countries.

• Like 1

On the trip to the airport for my very first cruise I must have checked and rechecked that I had my passport at least 2 dozen times.  

Can't say that I've ever forgotten anything of great importance though I have forgotten  underwear on 2 different occaisions (not a cruise).  Easy enough to buy.

If I had to give advice it would be: passport/ID, credit cards and/or money.  Print out or screenshot any email confirmations.  I hate standing at the airport trying to prove I prepaid something and not being able to easily access my email.

Chargers or batteries for your camera.  And 2nd most important to your documents would be comfortable shoes.

• Like 1

on our very first cruise I neglected/forgot to bring regular flip flops, which resulted in me completely killing my very nice dressy sandals which I wore to the pool deck and got wet, and my sneakers which I wore on our Belize cave tubing trip. We had an inside cabin, so nothing dried out properly... 

I must have looked unusually fashionable by the pool in something like this:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdsD2vOM_8a3gF-kb2UeP6dT-QSfF8vt1uHclsxC4yNvb3geXTPWL4qaSnjHOOhWXxTGkO34Mr0-3WeqzHliYKmHFmBwGG0KL4tUiNi2XjdcPL02BT_53bZWY&usqp=CAE

So, now instead of dressy sandals I bring rubber flip flops and athletic flip flops... just in case.

My DH forgot his toothbrush... so we had to buy the most basic toothbrush in the ship store which cost us $4 at the time ($0.50 at walmart).

I also once forgot my hairbrush... The ship store had none, so I bought it at our very first port in PR. Unfortunately, the ship broke down that day and that was also our last port on that cruise. Now I keep that brush in my suitcase so I never have to pack it again.

• Haha 1

I forgot a flashlight once, but it was on the ship.  I had a really neat magnetic light that I stuck to the wall by our bed.  Really handy when you need to hit the can in the middle of the night.  Our cabin steward probably appreciated it.