Did Anyone Else Receive a Cunard Survey?

LibertyBella

Mrs. Bluemarble received the survey today. She was asked about a couple itineraries I didn't have in my survey. These look a lot like world cruise segments but they did ask what month she would be interested in taking these cruises with options for months that are not typical for world cruises. Perhaps they are suggestions for repositioning cruises. I thought the suggestion of Easter Island was particularly intriguing.

34 night one way trip between New York and Sydney visiting Aruba, Panama Canal transit, Manta, Lima, Valparaiso, Easter Island, Papeete, Auckland and Bay of Islands. Departing April-August 2025.

30 night one way trip between Dubai and Southampton visiting Safaga, Suez Canal transit, Port Said, Heraklion, Naples, Rome, Ajaccio, Marseilles, Barcelona, Malaga, Tangier, Lisbon, Belfast, Greenock and Liverpool. Departing May-October 2025.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

I have just received the survey and it was very much based on the number of ports visited during a cruise. Some of them were 14 day cruises with 5 ports. Very restrictive!  There was no opportunity to give one’s own comments at the end of the survey. Most of the cruise itineraries seemed geared towards someone living in America or Canada 

One part of the survey I thought was odd was they kept asking this same question for each different itinerary they presented:

"Assuming this cruise was available at an acceptable price with the following cruise companies which, if any, of these cruise brands would you consider booking with?

Please select all that apply.

Carnival Cruise Line
Celebrity Cruises
Costa Cruises
Crystal Cruises
Cunard
Holland America Line
MSC
Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL)
Princess Cruises
Regent Seven Seas
Royal Caribbean International (RCI)
Seabourn
Silversea
Viking Ocean Cruises
Virgin Voyages

Another cruise brand

Any of these brands

None of these brands"

This is after they already asked earlier in the survey "Which of the following have you EVER cruised with?" and "Which, if any, of the following would you NEVER consider taking a cruise with?"

I kept repeating the same answer for each itinerary, reversing my answer to that earlier question "Which, if any, of the following would you NEVER consider taking a cruise with?".

Does the list of cruise lines you would consider vary according to the itinerary?

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

And I also received another!

I had the same questions about Alaska and the Caribbean.

I am not sure if they are concerned because I have not yet booked another Cunard cruise, but I am on a Princess cruise this Summer as I like the itinerary better...

I got it today.  I didn’t complete it.  It asked, for example, how likely we were to take a Caribbean cruise, to which answered highly unlikely; but then it proceeded to ask about specific Caribbean itineraries.  I waded through 2 or 3 scenarios before I gave up and closed the page.  

On 3/11/2023 at 7:02 AM, bluemarble said:

One part of the survey I thought was odd was they kept asking this same question for each different itinerary they presented:

"Assuming this cruise was available at an acceptable price with the following cruise companies which, if any, of these cruise brands would you consider booking with?

Please select all that apply.

Carnival Cruise Line
Celebrity Cruises
Costa Cruises
Crystal Cruises
Cunard
Holland America Line
MSC
Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL)
Princess Cruises
Regent Seven Seas
Royal Caribbean International (RCI)
Seabourn
Silversea
Viking Ocean Cruises
Virgin Voyages

Another cruise brand

Any of these brands

None of these brands"

This is after they already asked earlier in the survey "Which of the following have you EVER cruised with?" and "Which, if any, of the following would you NEVER consider taking a cruise with?"

I kept repeating the same answer for each itinerary, reversing my answer to that earlier question "Which, if any, of the following would you NEVER consider taking a cruise with?".

Does the list of cruise lines you would consider vary according to the itinerary?

There are cruise lines that people seem to prefer for certain places such as Princess for Alaska; small-ship lines for Antarctica etc. I have a preferred line for Norway for example which isn't Cunard although Cunard is my preferred line in general, so the line of questioning (so to speak) isn't perhaps as nutty as it may appear.

It sounds like they have as many versions of these questionnaires as they have respondents - how are they going to draw conclusions from that research?

The cruise options presented to me included Caribbean (mostly out of Jamaica, I said that from San Juan would be better for US residents), Hawaii from San Francisco (from LA is easier to add the PVSA stop), and south Pacific between Singapore and Sydney. I don't recall an Alaska itinerary.

I have just completed the survey. Mine focused on 65 night cruises around South America, including the Amazon, which I am quite keen to do. I guess the survey is looking at 2025/26 onwards. I had the opportunity to say which ports, countries and length of stay in port  I liked or disliked. Lots of sea days got a big thumbs down, ports I have not been to got the big fat yes.

• Like 1

I wasn't asked about specific ports. But I found it interesting that the "itinerary" maps showed more ports than the questions asked about. A map for a potential "12 day, 7 port" cruise would show 9 or 10 different possible ports. This made the itinerary look very good, if not accurate.

• Like 3

I got a survey asking about Caribbean cruises.

Not sure the people Cunard got to put the survey together really know what they are doing?

I would have been more than happy to tell them how I pick a cruise and why but they didn’t ask.

59 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I wasn't asked about specific ports. But I found it interesting that the "itinerary" maps showed more ports than the questions asked about. A map for a potential "12 day, 7 port" cruise would show 9 or 10 different possible ports. This made the itinerary look very good, if not accurate.

Similar situation with my survey. One of the itineraries I was asked about was a 7 night Jamaica roundtrip Caribbean cruise visiting 4 ports. There were 9 "potential ports of call" shown on the map: Dominican Republic, St Thomas, Tortola, St Maarten, St Kitts, Antigua, Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire.

Not knowing which 4 ports the cruise would actually visit made it hard for me to decide if the cruise appealed to me because it "Visits new places that I have never visited" or I might not choose the cruise because I have "Been to those places before". I provided that feedback via additional comments after choosing "Other" as one of my responses to that itinerary.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Similar situation with my survey. One of the itineraries I was asked about was a 7 night Jamaica roundtrip Caribbean cruise visiting 4 ports. There were 9 "potential ports of call" shown on the map: Dominican Republic, St Thomas, Tortola, St Maarten, St Kitts, Antigua, Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire.

Not knowing which 4 ports the cruise would actually visit made it hard for me to decide if the cruise appealed to me because it "Visits new places that I have never visited" or I might not choose the cruise because I have "Been to those places before". I provided that feedback via additional comments after choosing "Other" as one of my responses to that itinerary.

I felt the same way. I should have used "Other" more.

I had a survey invite at the start of March.  I thought, "here we go", the usual survey questions (like about dress code and dining choices) but this was one i've not done before.  It was about cruise affordability and whether I was going to spend more or less on cruises in the coming years.   I persisted with it, but this wasn't the typical questions. The previous surveys seem to be trying to see if there is justification for diluting the dress code and adding extra costs for speciality dining, this one seemed to be checking that if prices went up would I still cruise with Cunard (probably not is the answer, they have gone up enough already).  Did anyone else get this one?

5 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

We haven't been asked our opinions in years now but then we always have quite a few booked cruises so maybe Cunard feel as we're committed Cunard passengers, there's no need to ask our opinion.

Shouldn’t that make your opinion more worth hearing?

8 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

We haven't been asked our opinions in years now but then we always have quite a few booked cruises so maybe Cunard feel as we're committed Cunard passengers, there's no need to ask our opinion.

You have to set your permissions in your Cunard account to receive the survey invites.  Other family members who cruise with Cunard who have opted out don't. 

If you are logged in click on where it says Hello and your name and then click My Prefences.

Then I imagine under the one that says the following, you would need to tick the box:

Cunard would also like your permission to contact you from time to time with communications that we feel will be of interest to you, such as our Cunarder magazine and information about our services, news, updates and promotions. Our communications may also include offerings of exclusive benefits, privileges and personalised offers including those within search engines, third-party sites with adverts, and on social media.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, richard_london said:

You have to set your permissions in your Cunard account to receive the survey invites.  Other family members who cruise with Cunard who have opted out don't. 

If you are logged in click on where it says Hello and your name and then click My Prefences.

Then I imagine under the one that says the following, you would need to tick the box:

Cunard would also like your permission to contact you from time to time with communications that we feel will be of interest to you, such as our Cunarder magazine and information about our services, news, updates and promotions. Our communications may also include offerings of exclusive benefits, privileges and personalised offers including those within search engines, third-party sites with adverts, and on social media.

Being loyal Cunard passengers, we have had all that in order for years. Both of us.

Mine was largely sample Caribbean itineraries sailing from Jamaica or other various islands.

I answered all the same “inconvenient departure Port”.

Not sure why they seem so intent on operating standard itineraries easily homeported in Port Everglades or Miami out of Jamaica with limited airlift.

Not appealing to me.

I at least got to cast my vote for formality and fixed dining however!

• Like 1