What ship are you hoping will come to NJ?

What ship are you hoping will take on Port Liberty Bayonne 2024?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. As many of us eagerly await RCCL's announcement on Dec. 12th for deployment of Cape Liberty itineraries for summer 2024, here is what we do know! Carnival Cruise will have itineraries from NY aboard Carnival Venezia, and MSC will have itineraries aboard Meraviglia. These are 2 heavy hitters! RCCL must answer to that with 1 or 2 great ships to compete. The ships in the poll are ships that are not yet accounted for for summer 2024.e!

• Allure of the Seas
    • Mariner of the Seas
    • Freedom of the Seas
    • Harmony of the Seas
    • Symphany of the Seas
    • Liberty of the Seas
    • Serenade of the Seas
    • Independence of the Seas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/13/2022 at 12:30 AM

As many of us eagerly await RCCL's announcement on Dec. 12th for deployment of Cape Liberty itineraries for summer 2024, here is what we do know! Carnival Cruise will have itineraries from NY aboard Carnival Venezia, and MSC will have itineraries aboard Meraviglia. These are 2 heavy hitters! RCCL must answer to that with 1 or 2 great ships to compete. The ships in the poll are ships that are not yet accounted for during summer 2024!

with both Royal and MSC doing the same Florida-Bahamas itinerary , i wish Royal does better itinerary like what Carnival is doing with the Venezia.

also dont forget about NCL with the Norwegian Joy doing the Bermuda runs in the summer

Edited by shof515
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Symphony & Liberty according to this thread (post #551): 

Liberty will be doing the itinerary summer 2023, but nothing that I see has been released to verify it will return Summer 2024.  Even Matt at Royal Caribbean Blog hasn't released any info.

I would prefer Mariner/Freedom/Independence over Liberty because they have been amped. 

Also at this moment all of my RC cruises have been on Oasis class ships and I don’t really want to go on them again anytime soon.

I enjoyed them I just don’t love repeating ships and not even having a new itinerary.

I'd love some new itineraries but geography is limiting. I'd also love some mixed departure days of the week, like a Wednesday to Wednesday cruise (12 hour shift HCW could take this cruise without using vacation time). Which ship is probably at the bottom of my concerns.

1 hour ago, AspiringCindy said:

Liberty will be doing the itinerary summer 2023, but nothing that I see has been released to verify it will return Summer 2024.  Even Matt at Royal Caribbean Blog hasn't released any info.

Ship depoloyment is always leaked here on CC before the blog has the story.

It is SY and LB.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

After the Magic experience out of NYC Labor Day weekend on a 5 day to Bermuda this past August, I think other than my September 2023 Greenland cruise, Im avoiding NY, Bayonne, Carnival and Bermuda for the near future.  Being able to drive to the port sometimes isn't enough.  We may look at leaving out of Baltimore also.

25 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

After the Magic experience out of NYC Labor Day weekend on a 5 day to Bermuda this past August, I think other than my September 2023 Greenland cruise, Im avoiding NY, Bayonne, Carnival and Bermuda for the near future.  Being able to drive to the port sometimes isn't enough.  We may look at leaving out of Baltimore also.

Leaving from Baltimore is a unique experience, however the ships tend to be much smaller and the itinerary is similar to NY/NJ. 

• Like 1

How was the Magic? We are really thinking  about Carnival Venezia. We will wait after a few cruise reviews before deciding to take it or not. My friend who is a long time RCCL cruiser, had recently take the Oasis of the Seas out of Miami. They were not to impressed. Food was OK. But they did say the entertainment was top notch.

3 hours ago, AspiringCindy said:

Leaving from Baltimore is a unique experience, however the ships tend to be much smaller and the itinerary is similar to NY/NJ. 

I definitely liked the port of Charleston as a stop on the typical Bahamas run. Haven't seen that out of NJ. The Bermuda runs you get a much better time period in Bermuda from NJ than Baltimore. Gotta pick and choose. 

23 minutes ago, death_star said:

I definitely liked the port of Charleston as a stop on the typical Bahamas run. Haven't seen that out of NJ. The Bermuda runs you get a much better time period in Bermuda from NJ than Baltimore. Gotta pick and choose. 

We've done Charleston out of Baltimore 3 times and have another booked for Spring 2024 on Vision that goes there.   EN did a 6 night to Bermuda a couple of times this past summer.  We arrived at 4 pm and spent two nights and on the third day, left around 3 I think.  

I'm waiting for fall 2024 out of PC (Wonder prob) to open for booking.  We have two next cruise certificates we bought on Jewel last month to use for that timeframe for a b2b.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, franncos said:

How was the Magic? We are really thinking  about Carnival Venezia. We will wait after a few cruise reviews before deciding to take it or not. My friend who is a long time RCCL cruiser, had recently take the Oasis of the Seas out of Miami. They were not to impressed. Food was OK. But they did say the entertainment was top notch.

It would have been ok for us if the staff had controlled the amount of people in for the thermal pass, the parents had controlled their kids onboard, less fist fights at the pool, fist fight outside the guys bbq shack...  We had a spa balcony with our adult kids on another spa balcony.  Our room steward came 1x to tell us she could only clean room 1x a day and then never came back until day 4 when she left the tip envelope still with no towels.  We would get towels from the cart in the hall and made up the bed ourselves.  We told her to come at night.  First cruise we removed tips.  

I think it was shortly after our sailing, Carnival made the rule of no one under 18 allowed out past a certain time.  Kids were up all hours of the night banging on doors per my FB group.

Kids never bother me on travel.  I like seeing them having fun.  This was just poor behavior and obnoxious parents who just did not care.  The adult fights were a little disconcerting.  I really have not seen that on my travels both land and sea.  

The food unfortunately in the buffet was awful.  Lines were terrible. Guys BBQ was delicious.  The breakfast MDR was really good.  I went there for breakfast because I couldn't stand the lines in the buffet.

I think the Magic may be a good ship to sail maybe other than a 5 day and out of NYC.  We had our family so we did have fun.  We found deck 5 outside near a bar to be fun.  Just the main pool area and buffet were overcrowded.

Seem to remember that in order to secure financial support from PANYNJ for Cape Liberty development Royal obligated themselves to carrying a minimum number of passengers from NJ for a number of years.  Achieving that passenger count required basing either an Oasis or Quantum class ship in NJ.  Also recall  this agreement being waived during covid lockdown.