Can I remove a travel agent from a Celebrity booking?

newtocruiseinblue

On 12/8/2022 at 11:09 AM, 39august said:

mahdnc No, I just looked for a new TA for the next cruise. But, how I miss Lori and Non. They were so great and so  proactive. I met Lori a couple of times, the last on a group cruise on Harmony just a couple of months before she died.  And I also noticed the name had been sold and is now in a northern state. 

I found Non she is still working as a TA

1 hour ago, pamkev said:

Non still working as a TA

I did locate Non in Jan 2018. After a self imposed break she moved on to work for another travel agency. She gave me a recommendation for the TA that I'm currently using. 

• Like 1

Hope you can get it moved.  I just wanted to say that as we all know the cruise lines dictate the prices and they change up and down all the time.  I used to use a travel agent that gave great perks and decent service until she just became to difficult to deal with. I now use a travel agent that give us not as many perks but finds group space when possible but the big thing is she gives fantastic customer service. To me the trade off is worth it. 

18 hours ago, volk904 said:

I used to use a travel agent that gave great perks and decent service until she just became to difficult to deal with.

I know we can't comment on specific TA's by Company name, however, if it's within the Guidelines of CC, do you mind expanding on this ?

For me, service is the most important thing a TA can provide--- A few $$ higher, an extra few $$ OBC , a bottle of cheap wine, a fruit cake , etc , doesn't make a difference. 

I just don't have the patience to wait for return calls.

Let's " git 'er done " now.

4 hours ago, Pinboy said:

I know we can't comment on specific TA's by Company name, however, if it's within the Guidelines of CC, do you mind expanding on this ?

For me, service is the most important thing a TA can provide--- A few $$ higher, an extra few $$ OBC , a bottle of cheap wine, a fruit cake , etc , doesn't make a difference. 

I just don't have the patience to wait for return calls.

Let's " git 'er done " now.

My TA (with the discount) is very responsive and we communicate mostly via e mail.  I get my quotes and ask my questions.  I always pay via a phone conversation.

Just off a cruise. I had an OBC issue, $$$ that showed in my Confirmations (not from TA) were not in my account onboard. Guest Services could do nothing. They contacted Miami. A day later, nothing. I emailed my TA. She is on safari in Rwanda. She replied within 2 hours, called Celebrity, about 4 hours later told me that my OBC was now there in my account. Not the first time I have had great support from her! I still do some bookings on my own, but a good TA can be VERY helpful.

Stan

I'll be curious to see which way Celebrity goes with this one.  If you don't need further service and the ex-MIL is doing her job with no issue, then not sure I'd bother.  She ultimately loses the commission on it so it will probably inflame any tensions that already exist if she's asked to give it up.  OTOH I can understand not wanting her to have a say over any part of it, particularly if you're afraid she's going to do something you don't want her to do.  If you won't lose a deposit, you could also just cancel outright.  Was the ex also going on this trip?  How is that working now?

If you keep the booking with her and book another on the ship, be sure you let the future cruise people know that you don't want the booking going to your existing TA.

Edited by bEwAbG
  • Like 2