Transportation From Sydney Airport to Hotel

Mylisa

10 minutes ago, Mylisa said:

What is the best and most economical way to get from the airport to the Rendezvous Hotel Sydney the Rocks?

I would go by taxi. We have never had to wait in a queue for a taxi at Sydney airport. The other options are train (a tiny bit cheaper but less convenient) or a shuttle bus ( takes ages as it makes numerous stops).

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I would go by taxi. We have never had to wait in a queue for a taxi at Sydney airport. The other options are train (a tiny bit cheaper but less convenient) or a shuttle bus ( takes ages as it makes numerous stops).

Where do you catch the shuttle bus as you leave the domestic terminal and would you know how much it costs?

1 minute ago, Rassa said:

Where do you catch the shuttle bus as you leave the domestic terminal and would you know how much it costs?

A couple of times we pre-booked and pre-paid for a shuttle bus to take us from the domestic terminal to the cruise ship. Never again. We had to wait ages - more than an hour - even though we phoned a couple of times. The shuttle bus stopped at a few hotels before taking us to the ship. It took probably twice as long as a taxi would but it would be a matter of luck whether you were first to be dropped off, or last.

At that time there was a desk near the luggage carousel where you could book a shuttle bus. This could be worth checking out. I cannot tell you what the cost is now.

• Like 1

Sorry to jump in on the OP but I also have a question about this.

There are 4 of us, each with a suitcase. Would we still be able to get 1 taxi for all 4 of us with luggage from airport to Circular Quay as this would be cheaper than 4 train tickets.

1 minute ago, DT1304 said:

Sorry to jump in on the OP but I also have a question about this.

There are 4 of us, each with a suitcase. Would we still be able to get 1 taxi for all 4 of us with luggage from airport to Circular Quay as this would be cheaper than 4 train tickets.

Get a maxi taxi (a van). If you request a maxi taxi it is a little bit more expensive than a normal-sized taxi, but for a group of four with luggage, it would be the best way to get to the cruise terminal.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Next month, our flight will arrive on a Monday morning around 7 a.m.  So probably around 8 a.m. or so will be done with Customs. We want to take a taxi to our hotel in Circular Quay.  Since we will not be able to check-in to the hotel that early, we can leave the airport at a later time to avoid morning heavy traffic when people are going to work/school.  

Sydney morning heavy traffic usually ends around what time?   

Thank you.

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Traffic will be lighter by 9 -9.30am.

Thank you.  Then around 9:30 a.m., we will see if we can get an Uber ride.  If not, then find the taxi area and get a taxi.

Any idea how much is the taxi cost in AUD from Kingsford airport to Circular Quay?  And about how long is the ride?  TIA. 

30 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I would work on 30 minutes (depends on traffic) & the fare in a range A$60-80

If we don't want to carry our luggage (2 of us, each have a 28" luggage and a 22" carryon) and walk about 10+ minutes from the Marriott at Circular Quay to the Oversea Passenger Terminal, how much do you think a taxi will cost us (around 10:30 a.m. on a Tuesday morning)? It is probably a very short ride.   TIA.

I think you can walk to OPT quicker than a taxi will take you, as the taxi will need to take a roundabout route with one-way streets, and likely delays with traffic, including entering the OPT.

The walk would be easy with no uphill sections & you'll likely be able to see the ship all along your walk. That said, I can't imagine the fare would be more than $10-15 - check with the hotel concierge. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I think you can walk to OPT quicker than a taxi will take you, as the taxi will need to take a roundabout route with one-way streets, and likely delays with traffic, including entering the OPT.

The walk would be easy with no uphill sections & you'll likely be able to see the ship all along your walk. That said, I can't imagine the fare would be more than $10-15 - check with the hotel concierge. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

If we don't want to carry our luggage (2 of us, each have a 28" luggage and a 22" carryon) and walk about 10+ minutes from the Marriott at Circular Quay to the Oversea Passenger Terminal, how much do you think a taxi will cost us (around 10:30 a.m. on a Tuesday morning)? It is probably a very short ride.   TIA.

It is about a 450-500 metre walk along Pitt Street, under the Cahill Expressway and along the path to the OPT. I am not walking very fast due to a knee injury but I could do that walk in much less than 10 minutes. Google maps says a taxi would take around 10 mins.

3 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Downhill walk, easy 10 mins. I did it in September. Marriott checkout is 11am.

Pic from my room at Marriott pre Coral Princess.

1F71B76B-BB0A-43B6-8997-7EE79D66BF6F.thumb.jpeg.33b545abe4c474e32269560f668fb44d.jpeg

Enjoy your cruise,

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, possum52 said:

It is about a 450-500 metre walk along Pitt Street, under the Cahill Expressway and along the path to the OPT. I am not walking very fast due to a knee injury but I could do that walk in much less than 10 minutes. Google maps says a taxi would take around 10 mins.

Sounds not too bad.  Thank you.