Bermuda resort day pass.

Carol28

Has anyone been to a resort for a day on Bermuda?  I just went on Resortpass.com and found Newstead Belmont Hills Golf Resort and Spa. I know nothing about it and haven't done any other research for other resorts yet. Usually we feel our cruise ship is our resort and enjoy its pool while others are on shore. However, we just enjoyed the Coco Beach club on Coco Cay (RCCL's private island) and may try a resort. We have 2-3 days in Bermuda on this Oceania cruise; I'm not sure of the timing.  Any recommendations would be welcome.

3 hours ago, Carol28 said:

Has anyone been to a resort for a day on Bermuda?  I just went on Resortpass.com and found Newstead Belmont Hills Golf Resort and Spa. I know nothing about it and haven't done any other research for other resorts yet. Usually we feel our cruise ship is our resort and enjoy its pool while others are on shore. However, we just enjoyed the Coco Beach club on Coco Cay (RCCL's private island) and may try a resort. We have 2-3 days in Bermuda on this Oceania cruise; I'm not sure of the timing.  Any recommendations would be welcome.

It won't be like Coco Cay. For one thing it is not on a beach. Why are you cruisng  to Bermuda? Bermuda is a destination to experience not to waste staying  on the ship. If you want to sit by a pool you could book a nice resort in Florida. In any case if all you want o do is sit by a pool without a beach you might as well stay on the ship than pay for a day pass at Newstead where your view at the pool will be your ship docked across Hamiton Harbour. On the ship you will be in the center of Hamilton on Front Street. There are not may day pass options in Bermuda but there have been a couple of day pass options that at least are on a beautiful beach. I will let others comment on those as I have not done them. 

Edited by Charles4515

4 hours ago, Carol28 said:

I do appreciate your response. May I ask for your suggestions to enjoy Bermuda?  We did book a boat tour of famous homes. We aren’t scuba or snorkel people. 

I think that famous homes boat tour is a good excursion. I would take a look at the tourism website GotoBermuda https://www.gotobermuda.com for ideas on what to see and do. Bermuda is easy to get around on your own. Also the Island Tour Centre.has a bunch of excursions.  https://www.islandtourcentre.com

On 12/11/2022 at 10:25 AM, Carol28 said:

Usually we feel our cruise ship is our resort and enjoy its pool while others are on shore.

Bermuda has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world (not an exaggeration). We've done the Insignia a few times down there and frankly, while we love the smaller ship and the ability to dock at Hamilton/St George, the small pool onboard leaves a lot to be desired. Perfectly servicable while at sea or for a quick dip but not where I'd want to spend my vacation lounging for a week. 

Get out there and go to a beach. Like Charles said there area few limited number of resort for a day options. We have also gone and booked a hotel for a night, while on a cruise, and used their facility over two days which was a lot of fun and provided access at a nicer resort that doesn't do day passes. 

5 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Bermuda has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world (not an exaggeration). We've done the Insignia a few times down there and frankly, while we love the smaller ship and the ability to dock at Hamilton/St George, the small pool onboard leaves a lot to be desired. Perfectly servicable while at sea or for a quick dip but not where I'd want to spend my vacation lounging for a week. 

Get out there and go to a beach. Like Charles said there area few limited number of resort for a day options. We have also gone and booked a hotel for a night, while on a cruise, and used their facility over two days which was a lot of fun and provided access at a nicer resort that doesn't do day passes. 

What beaches would you recommend?  Something easy to get to, if possible, that has shade available.

• 1 month later...

I second Horseshoe Bay.  Other things to do would be:

Fort St Catherine in St George

Putt putt at Dockyard (not normal putt putt)

Frog & Onion pub has excellent food and drinks.  Oldest brewery on island

Harbor Nights Festival in Hamilton depending on when your cruise arrives

Crystal Cave tours

World class golf courses to play

to name a few others

Edited by Buckeyefrank100

3 hours ago, ORV said:

I think Carole is on Riviera in March, which will be at the Dockyard. 

I looked at the port schedule and Riviera will be at the Dockyard in March.  In March the air temperature will be pleasant, high 60 s or low 70s. Chilly water temperature. Nice walking, golfing, touring type temp but not beach or pool weather. 

7 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I looked at the port schedule and Riviera will be at the Dockyard in March.  In March the air temperature will be pleasant, high 60 s or low 70s. Chilly water temperature. Nice walking, golfing, touring type temp but not beach or pool weather. 

Yep, too big for Hamilton or St George. 

21 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yep, too big for Hamilton or St George. 

I was on Insignia to Bermuda and tend to forget Oceania has the larger ships which I have not yet been on. The R class are perfect for Bermuda because they can do Hamilton and St. George’s which is in my opinion the best Bermuda itinerary. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I was on Insignia to Bermuda and tend to forget Oceania has the larger ships which I have not yet been on. The R class are perfect for Bermuda because they can do Hamilton and St. George’s which is in my opinion the best Bermuda itinerary. 

Yes, I've been to Hamilton & St George on Regatta a couple of times and it was great parking right at the town. Once they cancelled St George due to winds and stayed at Hamilton, another time we made it there. Been at the Dockyard on Celebrity before, much prefer docking at the towns. 

• 1 month later...

I did Coco Reef about 10 years ago with a Day Pass.

The resort was pretty and in great shape and the staff was helpful. 
The pool area was very nice and our lunch was enjoyable.

However, it was many steps down to the actual beach and water.

I would recommend it only you are fit and don’t mind stairs, or are satisfied with only the pool and lunch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 6:40 AM, mdtcoll said:

Does anyone have any experience with a Day Pass at either Coco Reef or Pompano Beach resorts? Any info would be appreciated. 

We did Coco Reef last July. Pool was awesome. About 20 min taxi ride. Lunch is 3 courses - huge portions, so I recommend spacing them out throughout the day if you can. Drinks not that pricey. We did not go down the beach as yes its a steep staircase that looked very rickety, but we were happy wtih the pool.