Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

I feel so sorry for everyone on this sailing, such short notice is not acceptable. I’m booked April 8th, I wish if they aren’t going to be ready that they would cancel it now. At least people could make other plans. 

Edited by Trafficgirl123
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Trafficgirl123 said:

I feel so sorry for everyone on this sailing, such short notice is not acceptable. I’m booked April 8th, I wish if they aren’t going to be ready that they would cancel it now. At least people could make other plans. 

We are on the March 29th sailing and have the same opinion.  PCL should make a committed decision on thr next few sailings and tell people now, else the PR issues will impact any good feelings surrounding the ship

• Like 3

O M G....

WOW....

Should we all begin to see what exactly this corporation 'Princess' is that we have been dealing with....

I know that everyone booked is probably very very upset and angry and overwhelmed.

I am just wondering what the heck is going on, systemically and at the upper levels...

Talk about total lack of trust and credibility.

Is this total dysfunction or what!!!

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

FB_IMG_1707879930409.jpg

FB_IMG_1707879936459.jpg

Bad Form Princess! As a stockholder I am peeved! People are en route already! They are pissing off a whole lot of customers RN. Lost future revenue IMO. They know and have known. They need to call a time out and assess what’s really going on with this ship. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

they have invited Media on the March 9th sailing so I think they will be ready by then but I have to wonder about Feb. 28th.

Where did you see that media is invited on March 9?  I don't see any news anywhere on this?  Can you provide a link?  Thanks!

• Like 2

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Where is that thread? 

I actually posted that on a new thread that someone started about the cancellation.  That thread then was merged into this one so my comment is now in the thread I was referring to LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, fpsphil said:

Is it just me or is Princess just not drumming up that much excitement over this launch? I feel like I saw the Icon of the Seas splattered on every social media blogger for weeks even before it got to Miami

I don’t think Princess has a bead on how to market any of their products right now, let alone the new ships and experiences. The amount of potential change injected with the new ships will make the experiences across ship classes radically different, which also complicates the strategy. With the lack of communication about the new features, I’m curious what may disappear and not be present on the Star or what may change on the Sun over time due to the investment in radically new concepts and the amount of staff required to make those successful.

2 minutes ago, Pauly99 said:

Where did you see that media is invited on March 9?  I don't see any news anywhere on this?  Can you provide a link?  Thanks!

No links at all. I follow various cruise channels on YT...big names. in the vlogging arena have been invited...Don Terris of Dons Family Vacations...Tony at La Lido Loca and others. they talk about it on their videos.  They were on the Feb. 8th cancelled show.  It is not all media but some.  These social media influencers are important to the cruise lines to get the word out. They do ship tours and reviews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Princess should let everyone know what is going on. Cruisers on the next sailings should be given the choice of canceling or staying booked in hopes that they will sail. Make the offer now Princess instead of another last minute cancellation. Just awful! 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Maybe we should start a petition for John Padgett's removal?  I think his time at Princess has come to an end!!!

I second that motion, and I think many of us on here are shareholders! Maybe we should see if he is going short on the stock! 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Maybe we should start a petition for John Padgett's removal?  I think his time at Princess has come to an end!!!

Completely agree, nothing worse than seeing his face on the TV when you turn the cabin tv on

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Somebody needs to cal a time-out and assess what is going on with this company.....

well they’d have to call the offshored call centre to get that assessment, which means a lengthy hold time, and then getting a canned response from an ‘agent’ reading from a knowledge base article written by an outsourced team ……

I think that alone sums up what’s going on with Princess. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

well they’d have to call the offshored call centre to get that assessment, which means a lengthy hold time, and then getting a canned response from an ‘agent’ reading from knowledge base article written by an outsourced team ……

I think that alone sums up what’s going on with Princess. 

Carnival Corp needs to sort the management out, Padgett needs to resign, if not be kicked out

• Like 11

Definitely losing confidence in Princess Cruises.  These close-in cancellations with vague excuses are concerning.  They have an entire team at the shipyard and should be well aware of the progress of the ship, or lack thereof well before 4-days prior to sailing.  The first time sent up red flags but twice?   It’s also odd the lack of PR the ship is getting.  When you look at Royal’s flawless introduction of ICON and the amount of PR it got … well night and day to Princess and SUN PRINCESS. 

• Like 10

I find the timing of the announcement very curious. About 6pm in Santa Clarita but 3am in Italy. They discovered in the middle of the night they had a problem with the ship? Not during business hours in either place.

We’re supposed to board Apr 27 and at this point, have still not made any non-refundable commitments and won’t until it actually enters service (air and pre/post cruise hotels are all cancellable at no cost). Even holding off on insurance beyond what the credit card I used will provide until sailing is more or less assured.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I actually posted that on a new thread that someone started about the cancellation.  That thread then was merged into this one so my comment is now in the thread I was referring to LOL.

Where is the new thread?