Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

12 minutes ago, Nekosabre said:

Sorry, use this link instead. The original isn’t getting updated with the new photos when they (very glacially) get uploaded 🙄

BTW, I think your pictures are great! They're very helpful in terms of understanding some aspects of the ship's layout.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nekosabre said:

Sorry, use this link instead. The original isn’t getting updated with the new photos when they (very glacially) get uploaded 🙄

Thank you so much! I saw your photo of the Park 19 area. Do you happen to know if there is a basketball/tennis/pickleball court up near Park 19? 

39 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

This may explain why they moved away from the naming convention of the decks, though I do miss that.  Easier to tap on a pad that has simple numbers instead of "Emerald", "Dolphin", "Caribe" etc.  But I surely will miss the lady's voice as she announces "Aloha".  Her voice always makes my family smile.  Small things, I know. 

Other ships will get rid of the elevator lady saying the deck names. 

Discovery already has.

Easier for crew members. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

Is there a spot for a future 360 dining experience? Does anyone see a circle on the deck plan not being used yet? That's how we knew where it was on Discovery and Enchanted.

Or do we have to make do with 360 being only on Discovery and Enchanted?

Edited by startedwithamouse

15 minutes ago, PurpleStarry said:

Thank you so much! I saw your photo of the Park 19 area. Do you happen to know if there is a basketball/tennis/pickleball court up near Park 19? 

I don’t remember seeing any when I wandered around, but I’ll have a look for you!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

That is correct.  The Press Release states that he will be there via "virtual media."  

Chef McGrady shares his experiences and stories via visual media, interacting with the live host while guests enjoy a spot of tea

Maybe on the large screen at Good Spirits at Sea?

18 hours ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

Is it just me or do others have concerns that Princess ruined the Piazza, something that helped define them as classic and yet casual cruise line. From the videos and pictures I have seen the traditional circular Princess stairs are gone. The whole Piazza is a circular and uniform lacking any classic style and they have added massive flat panel screens. The new tiered seating on the upper levels does provide more seating area to view the Piazza shows but it is pretty bland bench seating lacking any sort of elegance of a traditional Princess Piazza. It doesn't look welcoming or relaxing at all. Hope it is different in person.

Pictures from and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8mJVJRy-gI&t=28s and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bp_4zTeOpc

I couldn't agree more and it was the first thing I thought of.  Compared to the Royal class ship, the Sun's Piazza looks more like the lobby at an office building.  Hopefully it looks better in person.

Sun Princess:SunDec-1732-1707940862.thumb.webp.9f15b70806a117fe902c20986c908040.webp

Discovery Princess:DisPro-11808-1684766409.thumb.webp.6f9e90fbf997f66e01ebcebd4b0822e3.webp

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Is there a spot for a future 360 dining experience?

Or do we have to make do with 360 being only on Discovery and Enchanted?

I think "Love by Britto"  is the Sun's version of 360.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Well, for all the people who complain about a lack of privacy while on their balconies, BOOM, they now have a solution! 

Just don’t hold a conversation. Those “balconies” will be echo chambers, and every word will be magnified. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Interior 2 passenger Cabin

Photo Cred FB Elena C

Seems what looked like a mini sofa in the renderings is an ottoman 😂

Thanks for posting the video of a 2 person interior cabin.  I wonder if you put the beds together if you would have enough room to walk around the outside of the bed to get into it?  We were thinking of booking an interior cabin on Sun Princess, but now we are rethinking if we should pay more for an oceanview cabin with a little more room and hopefully a small couch?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Love the gangway button.  How many times have we gotten in an elevator and debated which deck the gangway was on that day?

Or for ports with large tidal swings, which deck for the morning or afternoon?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, connie higley said:

do anyone know whenthe productions shows will opening?

Someone on fb said April/may but I don’t know where they got it from. Hoping it’s earlier.

7 minutes ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Thanks for posting the video of a 2 person interior cabin.  I wonder if you put the beds together if you would have enough room to walk around the outside of the bed to get into it?  We were thinking of booking an interior cabin on Sun Princess, but now we are rethinking if we should pay more for an oceanview cabin with a little more room and hopefully a small couch?

I am staying in an oceanview cabin (see photos in my previous post). The couch is actually quite large (3 seater). Normally I enjoy a balcony room but the oceanview on Sun feels plenty spacious. 

• Like 4

I'm noticing a trend: many of the people NOT on the ship are wailing and gnashing their teeth about the things on the ship that they haven't even seen in person, but the people who ARE on the ship seem delighted with the ship. WEIRD! 😂

Cheers to those on the ship!!🥂

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, jwattle said:

I'm noticing a trend: many of the people NOT on the ship are wailing and gnashing their teeth about the things on the ship that they haven't even seen in person, but the people who ARE on the ship seem delighted with the ship. WEIRD! 😂

Jo, you’re very observant and I was thinking the same.  Wish I was onboard to see for myself!

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, jwattle said:

I am going to have implants from all my teeth gnashing if I don’t see a video on my cabin asap.   J/K.  It’s the banging of my head against the wall that has my wife worried.

• Haha 7