Recent reports on how strict is Celebrity about early arrivals?

Nashna

39 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

Poorest reason ever other than those who feel entitled You have your own car and can go anywhere you want if you are early. coffee shop, store, park, etc. Most of us fly! 

We will continue to do what we have for 30 years living in Florida, we have no problem with arriving early and if we have to wait outside until our designated time, that's fine, we aren't going to melt.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Yes

Well, it's a good thing I got my move up bid to a suite because I forgot to check in and now have a 2:30 time.  Not sure what happened to the person who used to set her alarm for midnight so I could get an early check in.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Poorest reason ever other than those who feel entitled You have your own car and can go anywhere you want if you are early. coffee shop, store, park, etc. Most of us fly! 

Why poorest reason ever?  Because you have to fly and the can just drive!  Blows me away how anyone on here sts in their livingroom actually worryng about what time another boards a cruise they are not even sailing on, 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dateacher said:

Well, it's a good thing I got my move up bid to a suite because I forgot to check in and now have a 2:30 time.  Not sure what happened to the person who used to set her alarm for midnight so I could get an early check in.  

That's one of the suite perks, good on you for not worrying, enjoy that cruise!!!

• Like 2

We sailed in June out of Vancouver. Our checkin time was noon. No one asked what time we were assigned. The place was jammed so clearly there was no control. As it was, it took about 35 minutes to go through the process so no better or worse than before. 

For our next cruise we have a 1:30 time. We’ll be there earlier than that. My only worry is the CC police standing in line checking credentials 🤪 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

We sailed in June out of Vancouver. Our checkin time was noon. No one asked what time we were assigned. The place was jammed so clearly there was no control. As it was, it took about 35 minutes to go through the process so no better or worse than before. 

For our next cruise we have a 1:30 time. We’ll be there earlier than that. My only worry is the CC police standing in line checking credentials 🤪 

I'll be on before you because my 1;30 check-in time sure appears to read 10:30 when I rpint it out.  I'll grab a drink and meet you in one of those Hoppenized rockers in Eden.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Why are they not queue jumping and if they’re not, what’s the point of selecting times? There isn’t one and they should therefore scrap the rule and make it mayhem first come first served. And even it isn’t a hard and fast rule it’s good manners. There’s loads to do in FL to pass time before it’s your turn.

We suffered from queue jumpers (you can call them what you want but my description is accurate) who were boarding the ship before us in September at FL and showing off that they’d got far later times. We had to sit and wait at the last of the seated areas at T25. But if people think this is ok, hey ho, we all have different standards for how we behave and show respect to others. We would rather stick to the rules and show due respect (apart from wearing shorts in the MDR 😂😂😂).

In Celebrity's own words (emphasis mine)
"For your comfort and your convenience we recommend that you arrive to the pier within your selected arrival time. Early arrivals may have a prolonged wait time in potentially warm or inclement weather
conditions."

Unlike the ever-popular dress code topics where people argue that Celebrity stating "are not allowed" means "wear shorts if you like", the arrival time is clearly stated as a recommendation, not a requirement. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jwlane said:

It's funny how "Recent Reports" morphs into "Karen's Opinion".

There was one report here that they endured "mayhem" and suffering" during the boarding process, hmmm 🤫 I'll be at Epcot tomorrow, you want to hear about mayhem and suffering!!

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I understand the potential on the terminal part.  What is unique about the Tampa port that separates the taxi drop off area from the Porters to take your luggage.  Do you have to luggage your own luggage somewhere?

If you arrive when the terminal is open for incoming new passengers, there is no problem.

I am attaching a link to terminal six. It is the terminal often used by Celebrity ships. 

The roadway directly in front of the terminal is narrow and one way.   If one arrives before the terminal is available for incoming passengers, the vehicles will be sent back out of the port area or may be sent to wait in the parking area before the terminal ramp.

The County Sheriff's deputies directing the traffic flow are not impressed by any excuses for early arrival.

https://www.porttb.com/cruise-terminal-6

3 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

We will continue to do what we have for 30 years living in Florida, we have no problem with arriving early and if we have to wait outside until our designated time, that's fine, we aren't going to melt.

This should be the ultimate takeaway from this entire thread. Anyone should be able to show up to the port any time they want as long as they realize they might need to wait once they get there. Simple as that.

• Like 5

First time Celebrity cruiser: how does one get the arrival time? is that something i need to do on the app? Or is it assigned? (I had the app but deleted it because it kept freezing up my ipad until I deleted it…) 

Also, I have read that parking can be a problem in Ft L.  Is that the case? we will be driving and staying over a couple hours from the port the night before. So we could arrive very early or choose to delay. Is it better to delay to let more departing passengers leave or arrive early for less parking hassles?

Just now, TravelingCircusof5 said:

First time Celebrity cruiser: how does one get the arrival time? is that something i need to do on the app? Or is it assigned? (I had the app but deleted it because it kept freezing up my ipad until I deleted it…) 

Also, I have read that parking can be a problem in Ft L.  Is that the case? we will be driving and staying over a couple hours from the port the night before. So we could arrive very early or choose to delay. Is it better to delay to let more departing passengers leave or arrive early for less parking hassles?

It's on the app. When you check in, you will pick a time for arrival.

Don't know about the parking...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

Re: parking

Passengers from the prior cruise have to depart by around 9:30, and the terminal won't open until at least 10:30-ish, so there's no point in arriving while people are still leaving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

Re: parking

Passengers from the prior cruise have to depart by around 9:30, and the terminal won't open until at least 10:30-ish, so there's no point in arriving while people are still leaving.

We've never been that early. 

1 hour ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

It is one of the steps that you need to complete at check in.
If you want an early arrival time, you can pick a time as soon as check in opens at ~12:01 AM on whatever day.  You don't have to do anything else at that point. You can set an alarm for midnight, wake up, pick a time and go back to sleep. 

2 hours ago, Homosassa said:

If you arrive when the terminal is open for incoming new passengers, there is no problem.

I am attaching a link to terminal six. It is the terminal often used by Celebrity ships. 

The roadway directly in front of the terminal is narrow and one way.   If one arrives before the terminal is available for incoming passengers, the vehicles will be sent back out of the port area or may be sent to wait in the parking area before the terminal ramp.

The County Sheriff's deputies directing the traffic flow are not impressed by any excuses for early arrival.

https://www.porttb.com/cruise-terminal-6

Makes sense if there are not accepting any incoming passengers.  A good way to manage it.

Thanks

7 hours ago, D C said:

In Celebrity's own words (emphasis mine)
"For your comfort and your convenience we recommend that you arrive to the pier within your selected arrival time. Early arrivals may have a prolonged wait time in potentially warm or inclement weather
conditions."

Unlike the ever-popular dress code topics where people argue that Celebrity stating "are not allowed" means "wear shorts if you like", the arrival time is clearly stated as a recommendation, not a requirement. 

And that answers the OP question, they may have to wait, and I hope they do. Celebrity should make it a requirement.

7 hours ago, LGW59 said:

There was one report here that they endured "mayhem" and suffering" during the boarding process, hmmm 🤫 I'll be at Epcot tomorrow, you want to hear about mayhem and suffering!!

That was me but you have taken my comments out of context. Never said we had endured that at all, feel free to apologise 

18 hours ago, LGW59 said:

From where I sit, I don't understand why you need to apologize to anyone here.  You got to the port, you presented your credentials they allowed you to board, end of story.  Get on board, grab an all included $85 + gratuity martini and go enjoy all that lovely Kelly Hoppen furniture.

Eh? Excuse my ignorance of this board, I am relatively new, you seem to enjoy being controversial, if true, sad.

• Like 2