cruise got cancelled because it was past final payment?

babycutie

Good point!! But travel summary still says there's a $100 cancelation fee if not paid by final pymt date. So OP lucked out

Just paid off my next cruise even though FPD is 1/16/23. Now watch the price drop tomorrow 🙃 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dog said:

I never get emails from Princess when I book directly but I am familiar with my contract/ personalizer and pay atleast a week in advance.

OP said she knew final was due…

@kitkat343 @dog The problem with not getting emails regarding final payment for your Princess bookings may be due to a corrupt or old email address in your Princess profile. I suggest that you log in to your "My Princess" account and go to Profile and edit your "Contact Email". Even if the email looks correct edit and delete the contents of the email field and reenter the email and save.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, brisalta said:

@kitkat343 @dog The problem with not getting emails regarding final payment for your Princess bookings may be due to a corrupt or old email address in your Princess profile. I suggest that you log in to your "My Princess" account and go to Profile and edit your "Contact Email". Even if the email looks correct edit and delete the contents of the email field and reenter the email and save.

I do get other emails from Princess, just not payment reminders.  All equipment is new in past 2 years.

15 hours ago, dog said:

I do get other emails from Princess, just not payment reminders.  All equipment is new in past 2 years.

That is just plain strange. I take it you are getting the "Booking Confirmation" email after final payment is made or are you just receiving marketing related email?

I have no idea if I'm getting final payment reminder emails...because I always pay close attention to that date and always have it paid off well before.  It *would* be nice to know, however, if that system works.  I do get the periodic confirmation emails.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 6:14 PM, Ombud said:

Good point!! But travel summary still says there's a $100 cancelation fee if not paid by final pymt date. So OP lucked out

Just paid off my next cruise even though FPD is 1/16/23. Now watch the price drop tomorrow 🙃 

And if it does, you can probably get it, unless it is for new bookings only. Again, pre-paying final payment does not affect these things. 

• Like 3

This happened to me with Celebrity last year. I never got a reminder that my final payment was due and my reservation was canceled. I rebooked but the cost had gone up significantly ($2,000 more!!). They would not honor the original price I booked at. I was devastated. The next day I emailed the CEO of Celebrity and the day after got a phone call from one of the secretaries in the executive office. She apologized and said I should have received a reminder that my payment was due. They refunded my $2,000 within 5 days and I was able to cruise at my original price. And I kept all my OBC too. I was ecstatic! Amazing customer service!

Edited by rndenise81
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, rndenise81 said:

This happened to me with Celebrity last year. I never got a reminder that my final payment was due and my reservation was canceled. I rebooked but the cost had gone up significantly ($2,000 more!!). They would not honor the original price I booked at. I was devastated. The next day I emailed the CEO of Celebrity and the day after got a phone call from one of the secretaries in the executive office. She apologized and said I should have received a reminder that my payment was due. They refunded my $2,000 within 5 days and I was able to cruise at my original price. And I kept all my OBC too. I was ecstatic! Amazing customer service!

It seems to me that you have some responsibility in this transaction.  You should have noted the payment due date on your calendar and paid it in time.  I use Google calendar to keep track of stuff that has to be done at a specific date and Google calendar has the option to send me an e-mail or text message as many days as I wish of the date.  I am sure that Apple has the same feature.  As far as I am concerned a final due date is a final due date and the cruise should be cancelled with relevant penalties if payment is not made in time.  Why call it a "final due date" if it is really a "sort of final due date" and if you miss it it is OK w us.

DON

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

When you book your cruise, write in your diary/phone the date for final payment..or even a week before.  Not that difficult, surely ????? Take responsibility.

She said she knew final payment was due but didn’t care to….

Two lucky people so far.

• 4 months later...
On 1/7/2023 at 12:35 AM, donaldsc said:

It seems to me that you have some responsibility in this transaction.  You should have noted the payment due date on your calendar and paid it in time.  I use Google calendar to keep track of stuff that has to be done at a specific date and Google calendar has the option to send me an e-mail or text message as many days as I wish of the date.  I am sure that Apple has the same feature.  As far as I am concerned a final due date is a final due date and the cruise should be cancelled with relevant penalties if payment is not made in time.  Why call it a "final due date" if it is really a "sort of final due date" and if you miss it it is OK w us.

DON

My ongoing advice is if you are going to act as your own travel agent, then you better be able to manage your cruise as well as a travel agent.  That means check on your reservation regularly, know and keep track of all dates, be prompt with payments, and ensure all information in your record is accurate and updated. There is no need for "reminder" emails if you have all the information at your fingertips. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shippy said:

I have NEVER got a reminder email from Princess

.Luckily my internet TA gives me a heads up about a week before the due date.

I book directly with Princess and always receive at least one reminder.   First is usually 21 days out.

Sounds like your reminders are going to your TA and they are not passing along.   

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 1

I always book within 100 days of sailing so I have always had to pay in full at booking.  Except this time, when I booked a cruise 7 months in advance 😉  Now I know and have put a reminder in my calendar.  

I book directly online with Princess, place a courtesy hold and then my PVP takes over. I've always received multiple final payment reminders in my email. Just got one yesterday! Not that I need them. I have the final payment dates posted all over the place: on my calendar, in my planner, on an index card I keep prominently placed on my desk just for keeping track of my various cruises. I always have several booked and my memory is not the best so I lean toward overkill. 😆