New MDR menus yet?

16 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I think a "Live From Jewel of the Seas with the "New" Menus would be  a great thread. If you could show pictures and name the dish that would also be very helpful. 

Unfortunately I am unable to post pictures.  😞 

10 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

That's OK....enjoy your cruise and, when you can, share your impressions of the new menus. 

Thanks!  It's been hit and miss...but happily plenty of hits for me.  Mostly the salads.  I am trying to make myself try things I might never try. 

As a few that I can remember.....the Smoked Salmon salad was excellent (could make a meal out of that).  The Buttermilk Calamari was terrible.  The Vegan Butternut soup was good, but too salty. The Vegan Maple Soy Tofu and Avocado salad...also delicious!  Had the Indian dish last night for dinner, Rustic Chicken Korma...wonderful!  

Once again...all according to personal taste.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/4/2023 at 4:49 PM, davekathy said:

Yes I do. Agree, there are always plenty of selections to choose from, even when certain items show up every evening. Like Breakfast in the MDR. I remember when RC tried substituting scallops for snails. That didn't go over big with Kathy. She got shrimp cocktail instead.  Now don't screw with my Mac n Cheese from the kids menu! 🤣

Is it like Kraft MacNCheese, or the baked kind? Not that either is bad, as long as it's not out of an industrial sized can!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FlatFooted Freda said:

Is it like Kraft MacNCheese, or the baked kind? Not that either is bad, as long as it's not out of an industrial sized can!

Pile of yellow goo. Not baked. I kike it. My wife calls it yellow death. What does she know, she likes escargot. 😁

• Haha 1

My only gripe now about the menu is that my favorite pasta, cheese tortellini is on lobster night.   My cruise is 5-nights and I don't think the cruise before or after is any longer.   So, they won't have that on the ship,   I do still think I'll be modifying what I order.  

21 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Seriously, right??  There aren't so many snales and other crawly things that people HAD TO EAT before farming. And yes ancient people would die for our braised lamb shanks and polenta!!

I think it might be more accurate to say that ancient people often died for lack of lamb shanks and polenta -- snails and crawly things aren't particularly filling.  

I suspect none of us cruisers are in danger of starving, regardless of what menu set we favor.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

Wouldn't they show in the app (if you can trust the app) for each evening?

Yup, I read the app menu to Bucky early each day....naturally I have to keep it to just that night, as you know your bro......he forgets from one day to the next.  😄 😄 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I think it might be more accurate to say that ancient people often died for lack of lamb shanks and polenta -- snails and crawly things aren't particularly filling.  

I suspect none of us cruisers are in danger of starving, regardless of what menu set we favor.  

Indeed tough to go hungry on a cruise ship with the usual over abundance of food.  😉 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, piercetc4 said:

it would be nice if we knew in advance which night each theme night will fall so we can decide what night to possibly dine elsewhere?

Check out the pdf document from suzyluvs2cruise about 17 posts earlier.  In blue text it describes the order of how the menu works for various lengths and types of cruises.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1293247&key=1aee828bd76e357f70a532fe72b9b344

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yup, I read the app menu to Bucky early each day....naturally I have to keep it to just that night, as you know your bro......he forgets from one day to the next.  😄 😄 

Hey, I resemble that remark. Same with reading the Cruise Compass to me at night. Of course I fall asleep and don't hear most of what Kathy is reading to me.  😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

Hey, I resemble that remark. Same with reading the Cruise Compass to me at night. Of course I fall asleep and don't hear most of what Kathy is reading to me.  😁

Simple selective hearing for husbands.  😄 😄 

On 1/18/2023 at 1:56 PM, Biker19 said:

The app should show that for both sailings. 

I love the new menu too but the Apps is currently showing the wrong menu. What I meant is, I am going for 11 nights but the Apps is showing 8 nights cruise menu (no second formal night / no complimentary lobster night). And I am sailing in the next 4 days, come on RCI, pull yourself together!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1