Suite experience questions - been away from Princess for over 10 years

WonderMan3

So I am a former Princess cruiser, having sailed on Emerald and Ruby, but my last cruise was in 2011 so I have some questions about the Princess experience as it currently stands most specifically the suite experience. I have been an active cruiser with Celebrity in suite class over the past decade but have decided to start looking at other cruise lines as their prices are getting a bit much and I like some of the Princess itineraries better. I am looking at a potential cruise on Sky Princess in an aft corner penthouse suite with the premier package. I have reviewed the suite benefits list but need clarity. Sorry for all the questions but just trying to determine if the current Princess experience is for us. The ships look lovely though.

Thank you in advance for any answers.

1. It looks like with Club Class Dining there is no waiting so no reserving a dining time is needed, correct? Is this in a specific area of the main dining room? What are the "additional menu items" that they mention? How many are there per night? Is it the same items each night or do they change?

2. I see that Princess still has formal nights. We are used to the more flexible evening chic nights with Celebrity. How strict is the dress code with formal nights? Are jackets and ties required for men? Typically each night for dinner we wear collared button down shirts and slacks (not jeans). Would that be allowed? Are there any casual dining options (besides the buffet) that would be available on those evenings if we opted not to dress up?

3. I am reading about the Medallion and how you can order anything to your room. What does that include? I see people mentioning ordering alcohol to their room. So can you really have cocktails sent to your cabin? Can you order food from any venue on the ship (paying any specialty fees accordingly)? Just wondering what the limit to this service is.

4. Does Sky Princess have an Elite Lounge? If so what can you find there? If we have a premium beverage package would that lounge be of any use?

5. Is anything excluded from the premium beverage package? I see it says a $20 max per drink. I would imagine that would basically cover everything except maybe some very high end champagnes?

6. Where is the complimentary specialty dining breakfast for suites and what is the menu like?

7. Can the complimentary specialty dining dinner on embarkation for suites be reserved in advance? Or do you even need to? Are any restaurants excluded?

8. What is included in the complimentary mini-bar set-up? Can you choose the liquors that they give you? Can you get complimentary waters, sodas and mixers (juices) refreshed whenever you want? Since there is no butler like Celebrity who would do that?

9. What are the complimentary premium evening canapes like? Can you select what they bring you or is just a random assortment each day? How do you set this up?

10. If you order room service and it's nice weather out will they set the meal up for you on your balcony table or do you have to do that yourself? I saw something about ultimate balcony dining that is offered but that appeared to be some sort of fee option.

11. What are "premium desserts (unlimited)" that is listed in the premier package?

12. Since there is an adults-only Retreat Pool, what is the benefit of paying for the Sanctuary? Is the Sanctuary close enough to walk to any pool?

13. I am seeing reports that Princess is doing away with its "everyday items" section from the main dining room menus. Is this true or only a rumor? If it's true does that mean you won't be a able to order a simple caesar salad or shrimp cocktail anymore if you don't find the main menu items appealing? Also, do they have a limit in the MDR on how many entrees or appetizers each person can order? I see on the specialty restaurant menus they specifically say a choice of one for entree, appetizer, etc.

14. Is the wi-fi in the premier package unlimited? Is the service reliable? Can you upload photos or stream videos or is it just basic email reading and internet browsing?

15. Also, any feedback anyone has on the aft corner penthouses would be appreciated, positive or negative.

Edited by WonderMan3

Hi

We do mid ship penthouse suites

We are not aft view people

1 -No reservation necessary for club class

Yes it is a separate section  of mdr with separate manager and wait staff

There is one extra dish each night

It changes. We generally stick with one table,or at least one waiter when we find one we like

2-No real formal night requirements!

Dh wears a Mexican wedding shirt and slacks

Collared shirt and long pants not shorts will work fine

Some do get more dressed but it is not necessary

3-We don't bother using the medallion to order,things around the ship but many do

7-Yes you can book the specialty first night UT dinner in advance on the app

We prefer to book ahead of time

The app,sometimes looks like it is charging your credit cardmbutmit actually doesn't charge you

8-You get a bottle,of water each day outside of the mini bar

You can exchange things in the mini bar but only for what they have in minis. I mean not all alcohol comes in inis

You only get one full mini bar

Since you have the full pkg you would just order from room service by phone or using the app

9- There is a card describing the apps

You can choose from the list

• Like 1

The suite experience does vary by ship.  Will answer the rest of your questions below - we cruised in a full suite on the Enchanted last month and on the Discovery at the end of October so it's pretty recent experience.

1. It looks like with Club Class Dining there is no waiting so no reserving a dining time is needed, correct? Is this in a specific area of the main dining room? What are the "additional menu items" that they mention? How many are there per night? Is it the same items each night or do they change?  There's no reservations required, go when you want.  It is usually part of the dining room on deck 6 and one of the doors will be labeled Club Class.  The extra dishes vary by ship.  On the Discovery there was one extra dish like Lobster Thermador or Surf and Turf.  On the Enchanted last month they had two dishes - one made by Restaurant Manager in the dining area (mostly pasta but there were shrimp and other dishes as well - and one from the kitchen.  It varies by night and you'll find out what it is when you arrive.

2. I see that Princess still has formal nights. We are used to the more flexible evening chic nights with Celebrity. How strict is the dress code with formal nights? Are jackets and ties required for men? Typically each night for dinner we wear collared button down shirts and slacks (not jeans). Would that be allowed? Are there any casual dining options (besides the buffet) that would be available on those evenings if we opted not to dress up?  Formal nights have gotten less formal but the same old rules about what to wear are still published on the Princess website.  We usually go to the buffet or to a specialty restaurant on formal nights.  Speciality restaurants are always "smart casual". 

3. I am reading about the Medallion and how you can order anything to your room. What does that include? I see people mentioning ordering alcohol to their room. So can you really have cocktails sent to your cabin? Can you order food from any venue on the ship (paying any specialty fees accordingly)? Just wondering what the limit to this service is.  Yes you can.  Remember though that as a full suite passenger you have the ability to order anything from the main dining room menu through room service and have it delivered.  In past years we've had them deliver formal night food to our cabin and have had lobster on the balcony in our shorts and tshirts.  The only negative is that you'll get the entire meal at the same time.  Make sure to tip them if you do this!

4. Does Sky Princess have an Elite Lounge? If so what can you find there? If we have a premium beverage package would that lounge be of any use?  They have a Platinum and Elite happy hour each night where you would pay for drinks (in your case you wouldn't physically pay but they would be charged against your premier package).  But they should have a happy hour every night in the Suite Concierge lounge and all of the drinks are comped.  It's really nice and we've met some very nice people on our last two cruises in the lounge.  On the Enchanted they also had two nights where they moved it down to the Take 6 lounge and the officers attended too.

5. Is anything excluded from the premium beverage package? I see it says a $20 max per drink. I would imagine that would basically cover everything except maybe some very high end champagnes?  You'll see prices shown on the menus and if you choose to get something higher in cost you'll pay the difference plus tip.  We have had the Plus package and have yet to order something that isn't covered by the package so I think you'll be fine unless you have very expensive tastes.

6. Where is the complimentary specialty dining breakfast for suites and what is the menu like?  Sabatini's and it's a very nice way to start the day.  Mimosas and specialty coffees are included and you'll see eggs benedict, waffles, etc. on the menu.  But if there's something you like and you don't see it just ask.

7. Can the complimentary specialty dining dinner on embarkation for suites be reserved in advance? Or do you even need to? Are any restaurants excluded?  Yes, as a full suite passenger you'll get complementary dining in a specialty restaurant on the first night.  In October we were able to reserve it ahead of time in the Medallion app since we actually booked the suite upfront.  We didn't pay.  In December we had bid for a full suite and won the upgrade a week before the cruise.  I didn't see an option to reserve the first night specialty dinner on the app without paying for it so we waited until we boarded.  There weren't good times remaining so we spoke to the suite concierge who was able to get us in at our preferred time.  All restaurants are included.

8. What is included in the complimentary mini-bar set-up? Can you choose the liquors that they give you? Can you get complimentary waters, sodas and mixers (juices) refreshed whenever you want? Since there is no butler like Celebrity who would do that?  It should be 8 little bottles of liquor, 6 cans of soda / club soda, 2 perrier, 2 water, and 2 beer.  However with supply chain issues it changes and you may not be able to trade for what you want.  In terms of getting it refreshed you would call room service but you would pay for it.  However, on both of our last two cruises there was always a supply of water bottles and perrier out all day for the taking in the Concierge Lounge.  And last month they had a supply of sodas available all day too.  They did have orange juice out in the morning.  If you want something ask in the Concierge lounge and they will let you know if they can do it.  And your steward should deliver 2 bottles of water automatically every day.

9. What are the complimentary premium evening canapes like? Can you select what they bring you or is just a random assortment each day? How do you set this up?  There was a menu in the room but we never ordered any.  We nibbled on what was on the mini-buffet in the Suite concierge lounge and you can take those items back to your room too if you wish.

10. If you order room service and it's nice weather out will they set the meal up for you on your balcony table or do you have to do that yourself? I saw something about ultimate balcony dining that is offered but that appeared to be some sort of fee option.  Yes, they should bring a table cloth and can set it up but you're on your own for the rest.  There's a feature in the app where you can ask for room service to pick up the empty dishes.

11. What are "premium desserts (unlimited)" that is listed in the premier package?  Looks like some ice cream and candy devices but since it hasn't started yet so no one knows for sure.

12. Since there is an adults-only Retreat Pool, what is the benefit of paying for the Sanctuary? Is the Sanctuary close enough to walk to any pool?  In the Sanctuary you'll have reserved seating in a quiet area.  It's close to the Retreat Pool and loungers can be hard to come by given chair hogs.

13. I am seeing reports that Princess is doing away with its "everyday items" section from the main dining room menus. Is this true or only a rumor? If it's true does that mean you won't be a able to order a simple caesar salad or shrimp cocktail anymore if you don't find the main menu items appealing? Also, do they have a limit in the MDR on how many entrees or appetizers each person can order? I see on the specialty restaurant menus they specifically say a choice of one for entree, appetizer, etc.  At the point that I disembarked on December 19 the everyday items were still on the menu.  But I've seen new menus too where some of these items have disappeared.  No limit on entrees or appetizers but they may bring you one entree at a time and then bring you a second after.  But Club class tends to be less fussy about that and they will sometimes bring you a second entree to share if you've expressed an interest in a different entree when ordering.

14. Is the wi-fi in the premier package unlimited? Is the service reliable? Can you upload photos or stream videos or is it just basic email reading and internet browsing?  Wifi is unlimited but in terms of reliability it seems to range from barely acceptable to not available.  I've been able to upload photos at times and other times it's just down.  I would not count on being able to stream or do zoom calls etc.

15. Also, any feedback anyone has on the aft corner penthouses would be appreciated, positive or negative.  Haven't been in one for a while but that is the best location.  Some balconies are skinnier than others (Like on Aloha, Caribe, and Emerald decks).  Look at a deck map and the difference is visible.  Other than that there can be soot on the balcony.  It's not an everyday thing but if the wind is blowing just right you may see flakes on the furniture and deck.  The stewards are very aware of this and most will keep everything as clean as possible for you.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 3

1.  Club Class dining is at an alternate entrance to one of the MDRs.  It will be conspicuously signed and, at least on the first night, the host will check your room to ensure that you really are Club Class or Suite.  Think of the additional menu items as a "fresh sheet" you'd see that would tag along with the regular menu at a normal restaurant.  It is usually an item or two per regular menu section which is additional.  They also offer some dishes, maybe a salad or appetizer, which are prepared table side.  We would often, but not always, order an item or two from the additional selections.  It is a nice perk, sometimes filling in where an evening's MDR menu might not be all that interesting.

2.  The "formal nights on Princess" threads are all over the place on the boards.  It is really a mixed bag of "enforcement" on most sailings, but suffice it to say you are very safe with shirt, tie, and slacks; nobody will bat an eye.  You could probably do a button-up and slacks and there would be no issue.  You might even be able to get away with a nice shirt and jeans, especially if they were very dark or black.  Casual dining on formal nights, in addition to the buffet, would be the specialty restaurants, or getting pizza, burgers, or dogs up on the lido.  They way you describe dressing for Celebrity, you will have no problem any night on Princess.

3.  I'm not aware of any beverage service limits associated with Medallion.  Food is whatever is available in the Medallion app, however suite passengers can order dining room room service when the dining room is open and for all meals.  I think you still ask your cabin steward for the MDR menus for the day, and call the dine line, however, somebody else might have better experience with this.

4.  Sky Princess has the Concierge Lounge on Rivera Deck, located next to the amidships suites.  Your medallion will give you access, light food selections and a mix of beverages are available all day, along with concierge services to book excursions, spa services, acquire your airline boarding pass, etc.  If you have Princess Plus or Premier that wouldn't have any impact on your usage or the services available in the Concierge Lounge.

5.  The price cap on Princess Premium is just exactly that.  I don' have a drink menu handy, but I suspect there will be one or two over the top cocktails which may cross the $20 that threshold, but most will not.

6.  The suite breakfast offering is usually in one of the specialty restaurants.  You'll be informed of where in your welcome documents that should be in your cabin upon embarkation.  Last cruise we were on the suite breakfast was in Sabatini's.  The menu is a bit different than the MDR menu, but also shares some MDR breakfast offerings.  The James Beard french toast which is served in the MDR is also available for suite breakfast.  We found that suite breakfast was kind of a short order free-for-all.  If you didn't see something on the menu you wanted, the waiter would start offering off-menu suggestions and you could just assemble the breakfast you wanted.  It was great, actually.

7.  Complimentary reserved in advance.  My experience was no, but that was before the app.  Embarkation night is not a busy night at the specialty restaurants.  We did get an embarkation day reservation for the Crown Grill on our last cruise after we go on board.  When we were at the Crown Grill there would have been no need for a reservation, there were only 3 or 4 other couples dining while we were there.  You'll find that the specialty restaurants on board are much busier on formal nights, mostly for those cruisers that want to avoid dealing with the dress code that is in the MDR.  Of course we have already covered the dress code for formal nights.  These days, all of the restaurant reservation activity will be accomplished on the Medallion app on your phone, or through the Dine Line, or through the Concierge desk in the Concierge Lounge.

8.  It has been a while, but the bar setup includes your typical liquors, vodka, scotch, maybe another whisky.  It will be dealers choice when you get on board.  You can call the Dine Line and they will do any swaps for you, no problem.  They don't have little bottles of the alcohols I like, like Irish cream or amaretto.  You can get the bar setup converted to waters, or choose your mix of pop.  There will be some cans of beer in the fridge too, and you can get those swapped for an alternate canned beer.  Again, the dine line will tell you what they can do for you.  If you have Princess Premier, I don't see as much value in the bar setup, unless you just want to have a little nip of something in your room without having to have room service deliver something to you.

9.  There is a menu for the canapes.  It varies.  Mostly meat and a cream or cheese mousse on top of small pieces of bread.  Tasty, and nice looking, but nothing to write home about.  Good way to take the edge off your hunger before a late dinner.  Worth getting since it is a suite perk.  I distinctly recall one of the selections is a caviar of sorts with some dill on top, on the same little circular cutout of bread.  I'm not sure I can classify it as real caviar, but it is fish eggs, and very salty.  Not bad, only about 3 or 4 little golden eggs on top of the bread.  You can ask for a specific selection of the individual canapes for your order, avoid what you don't like and get what you do.  It has been a while for us, but there was an order card left in your room each day by your cabin steward, and you just checked what you wanted from the list of offerings, and gave it to your steward or put it someplace where he would find it and your canapes would show up in the early evening.

10.  Ultimate Balcony Dining is a multi-course meal where you have a dining room steward which hangs out at your room and coordinates the serving of the various courses.  This is very different from room service which is more of a drop off affair.  With UBD the steward will arrive and set up a table and linens on your balcony, and then begin with your starting course.  Just like in the dining room, they will check in with you from time to time, and when the next course arrives they will serve it, and take away the used place settings.  It is a very interactive experience.  If you are ordering room service and the day is nice, and it helps that it looks like you are using your balcony that day, room service will offer to set you up in your living area or on the table on the balcony.  I'm comfortable if they set up room service on the coffee table and we make our way to the balcony dining table ourselves with our food.  And yes, UBD is a fee based offering, but it is quite an experience.

11.  Premium deserts are any desert which is sold at a price on board, and not available complimentary in your cruise fare.  Gelato is a premium desert.  There may be others, but I'm not solid on the details.  The inclusion of premium deserts in Princess Premier is a really new offering.

12.  The configurations and location of pools relative to the Sanctuary is different depending on the class of ship.  If it is an older Grand Class ship, the lotus pool is the pool that is accessible from inside the Sanctuary.  If you are on the newer Royal class ships the retreat pool would be the pool that services the Sanctuary.  It isn't a far walk.  It is closer on the Grand Class ships than on the Royal Class.

13.  I can't answer this directly, I don't know if everyday items are not going to be on the MDR menus,  but what I do know is that in the past the dining room has almost always been able to serve an item to me which is off menu.  There are some exceptions, but for the most part they are able to work off menu as long as the request isn't over the top.  Something like a simple pasta dish, or a Caesar salad wouldn't be too crazy to ask for if it were not on the menu.  I suspect they would be able to accommodate as I've done requests and have been accommodated almost every time.  I'm not aware of Princess doing dish limits in the MDR.  I'm hearing of that over at Carnival... maybe RCI, but so far I haven't heard of that occurring at Princess.  At Carnival it is an extra dish charge, so it isn't a ban, but you would pay for more than one main dish.  My experience is that even in the specialty restaurants, there is some flexibility in terms of how many dishes you can order.  It all depends on what you are asking them to do or how many extra you are asking for; but I also wouldn't be asking for multiple main dishes in a specialty restaurant.  They will charge you another cover if you are asking for that.

14.  The Wi-Fi is unlimited, and in the Premier package it is multiple devices per user connected at once.  Lots of reports that speed isn't quite as good as Princess once advertised pre-shutdown.  There are rumblings that the satellite provider changed while the cruise lines were out of production and that has impacted the quality of the service as cruising has restarted.  I don't have any actual details.  That said, you'll be able to keep in touch with land, most functions will work, just don't expect everything to be zippy, like at home.  Can you upload photos.  Sure, but it probably won't be fast, like a home.

15.  Sky Princess is a great ship.  It is Royal Class, and those aft corner cabins, in fact all of the aft cabins, have limited overhang from the upper deck, so you'll be exposed to sun and weather on the balcony pretty much all the time, depending on the ships orientation to the sun.  I don't like those cabins as much as I do the aft suites on the older Grand class ships, in which every aft cabin was fully covered (except for maybe the top aft cabin deck), due to the cantilevered design of the stern of the ship.  You'll want to consider this when picking cabins.  You might be happier with suites at the front of the ship or amidship.

Edited by jeromep
  • Like 1

Here is the suites benefit flyer.  Print it and take it with you should you have a questions. if a series some of your  questions. 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

Sky Princes has a suite lounge mid aft on deck 14.  It is open 24 hours, it has sodas, coffee machine, and cocktails in the evening.  

The aft suites are very nice.  The higher up you book the larger the wrap around balcony.  

You can switch our the minibar after boarding.  It is subject to what is available.  One alcohol to one alcohol, one soda to one soda, all sodas/water or a coffee credit. 

You will  need to set up your dinner on the balcony unless you purchase  the Ultimate Balcony  Dinner.

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

Answers in RED:

1. It looks like with Club Class Dining there is no waiting so no reserving a dining time is needed, correct? Is this in a specific area of the main dining room? What are the "additional menu items" that they mention? How many are there per night? Is it the same items each night or do they change?  No, no need for reservations. It's a section of the MDR with different linens, menu covers and flower.  One extra item per night, sometimes and appetizer, sometimes a main. Each night is a different extra menu. It is not comparable to Lumiere or Blu, etc. 

2. I see that Princess still has formal nights. We are used to the more flexible evening chic nights with Celebrity. How strict is the dress code with formal nights? Are jackets and ties required for men? Typically each night for dinner we wear collared button down shirts and slacks (not jeans). Would that be allowed? Are there any casual dining options (besides the buffet) that would be available on those evenings if we opted not to dress up?  Sport coat, slacks, dress shirt, open collar dress shirt and slacks, suit, tux, etc all accepted. 

3. I am reading about the Medallion and how you can order anything to your room. What does that include? I see people mentioning ordering alcohol to their room. So can you really have cocktails sent to your cabin? Can you order food from any venue on the ship (paying any specialty fees accordingly)? Just wondering what the limit to this service is.  No limit, ni delivery charge, some food items have a charge, yes you can get alcohol delivered, etc. Specialty restaurants have items available, yes at individual charges, listed on the app. 

4. Does Sky Princess have an Elite Lounge? If so what can you find there? If we have a premium beverage package would that lounge be of any use?  Yes, every Princess ship has a Platinum, Elite, Suite lounge. It's held in a different lounge per ship depending on how many of each aboard. Sometimes Vista, sometimes Take 5, whatever - you'll get a car with details . 

5. Is anything excluded from the premium beverage package? I see it says a $20 max per drink. I would imagine that would basically cover everything except maybe some very high end champagnes? Yes, some boozes not covered, ie a few high 3bd scotches, a few champagnes. You pay the difference in price plus 18% gratuity. 

6. Where is the complimentary specialty dining breakfast for suites and what is the menu like?  Eggs Benedict, Florentine, pancakes, eggs, sausage, pasties, French toast, breads, salmon, bagels, and so forth. Mimosa, specialty coffees, fresh juices, and so forth. If you want something off menu, just ask. 

7. Can the complimentary specialty dining dinner on embarkation for suites be reserved in advance? Or do you even need to? Are any restaurants excluded?  I need to reserve in advance. All included. 

8. What is included in the complimentary mini-bar set-up? Can you choose the liquors that they give you? Can you get complimentary waters, sodas and mixers (juices) refreshed whenever you want? Since there is no butler like Celebrity who would do that? 8 liquor minis, 2 beers, 8 non-alcoholic. You can trade the like for like, all for water, all for a bottle of wine, all for two coffee packages. No, there's no replenishing for free. You can buy more 

9. What are the complimentary premium evening canapes like? Can you select what they bring you or is just a random assortment each day? How do you set this up? Small little single bites, not really anything special. You'll have a list to choose from, pick whatever you want from the list and delivery time. 

10. If you order room service and it's nice weather out will they set the meal up for you on your balcony table or do you have to do that yourself? I saw something about ultimate balcony dining that is offered but that appeared to be some sort of fee option. They'll put it out in the table for you, but no- it's not set up with linens and all. Basically left on the tray, serve yourself. 

11. What are "premium desserts (unlimited)" that is listed in the premier package? No one knows yet, they don't start till February. Basically, some very elaborate sundaes, gelato, cookie concoctions. 

12. Since there is an adults-only Retreat Pool, what is the benefit of paying for the Sanctuary? Is the Sanctuary close enough to walk to any pool? Sanctuary is separate from Retreat Pool. It's a pay to play area, reserved padded lounger, chair service, afternoon tea, shade, quiet. Worth is in the eye of the beholder. You'll have padded loungers on your balcony also. 

13. I am seeing reports that Princess is doing away with its "everyday items" section from the main dining room menus. Is this true or only a rumor? If it's true does that mean you won't be a able to order a simple caesar salad or shrimp cocktail anymore if you don't find the main menu items appealing? Also, do they have a limit in the MDR on how many entrees or appetizers each person can order? I see on the specialty restaurant menus they specifically say a choice of one for entree, appetizer, etc.. they're not listed in the menus, but their absolutely available. 

14. Is the wi-fi in the premier package unlimited? Is the service reliable? Can you upload photos or stream videos or is it just basic email reading and internet browsing? Unlimited. It's okay. Depending on location, you can stream or at other times can't even load CC. 

15. Also, any feedback anyone has on the aft corner penthouses would be appreciated, positive or negative.  Love the aft corner suites on Royal class ships. Wraparound balcony, super quiet bedroom, etc.

There's the Concierge lounge on Royal class ships (Sky is one). Specialty coffees from machine, sodas and water available, snacks throughout the day, happy hour with free wine, Concierge for a few hours a day. Small and kinda dark, but there. 

Suites on Princess are not comparable to Suites on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, etc. Not as many amenities, very few private areas, etc. Which is a bonus for non-suite guests, but can be a letdown for those used to the services and amenities of Celebrity and the like..

It's nice and you're mainly getting the extra room, etc.- not the extra restaurant, lounge, butlers, amenities, etc of other lines.. 

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Thank you for the replies. They are very helpful.

One other question I forgot to ask was about the suites laundry perk. Is it unlimited laundry through the cruise? Does it include dry cleaning or pressing?

Yes unlimited.  No real dry cleaning but something Princess uses that does not involve hot water

• Like 1

Got lost in all your questions on one posting......but..

did the Royal Princess 2 months ago.

Internet AND tv reception not good

Sabatini's for breakfast more limited menu and not really cooked to our liking. Did the club class breakfast most morning which was great.

Most canapes had seafood  which my husband does not eat. The substitutes were barley ok.

The 'special' added selection for dinner every night was a freshly cooked pasta made in the dining room.

The best part for us was that we had a room directly across from the suite lounge. Open 24 hours.

cookies, little sandwiches, cheese plates etc. all the time. Evening cocktails & sometimes entertainment.

As I am a true insomniac, I would cross the hall at 2 or 3 am in my robe & get myself a glass of milk & a snack !

12 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Got lost in all your questions on one posting......but..

did the Royal Princess 2 months ago.

Internet AND tv reception not good

Sabatini's for breakfast more limited menu and not really cooked to our liking. Did the club class breakfast most morning which was great.

Most canapes had seafood  which my husband does not eat. The substitutes were barley ok.

The 'special' added selection for dinner every night was a freshly cooked pasta made in the dining room.

The best part for us was that we had a room directly across from the suite lounge. Open 24 hours.

cookies, little sandwiches, cheese plates etc. all the time. Evening cocktails & sometimes entertainment.

As I am a true insomniac, I would cross the hall at 2 or 3 am in my robe & get myself a glass of milk & a snack !

At specialty breakfast, just ask for what you want off menu. 99% you'll get it😍

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Sabatini's for breakfast more limited menu and not really cooked to our liking.

^This^

We were on the Royal in Sept. Unlike our experience on the Grand in 2019, neither our waiter nor the dining room supervisor were willing to go very it far off menu. No steak and eggs, no custom omelette, basically what was an the menu- take it or leave it. The service and attitude on the Grand were worlds apart from what we received on the Royal.

13 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

^This^

We were on the Royal in Sept. Unlike our experience on the Grand in 2019, neither our waiter nor the dining room supervisor were willing to go very it far off menu. No steak and eggs, no custom omelette, basically what was an the menu- take it or leave it. The service and attitude on the Grand were worlds apart from what we received on the Royal.

On the Ruby a month or so ago and had pretty much any kind of omelette I wanted. Same with different fruits and berries

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

8. What is included in the complimentary mini-bar set-up? Can you choose the liquors that they give you? Can you get complimentary waters, sodas and mixers (juices) refreshed whenever you want? Since there is no butler like Celebrity who would do that?

Here is a photo of our bar set up on the Caribbean Princess from last year.   Since we had the drink package, we just took the little bottles home.

A free mini bar.jpg

7 hours ago, memoak said:

On the Ruby a month or so ago and had pretty much any kind of omelette I wanted. Same with different fruits and berries

On Majestic we were told that if we didn't see what we wanted to please ask.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...